Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Pushchair for very big 2 year old ?

ElaineFromLondon · 02/09/2014 21:22

Hi, i'm looking for a pushchair for my 2 year old boy, he's not tall (only 34inches) but he weighs 49/50lbs! as you can imagine he is incredibly chubby/plump which makes it hard to find him a pushchair, I can find ones which have a high enough weight limit but he's too large to fit in most of them and on others the harness doesn't fit around him. Anyone who knows of any pushchairs that would be available for him will be very much appreciated. Thanks x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 03/09/2014 21:10

I would have a look at the Baby Joggers and the TFK pushchairs. Also the Easywalker Mini stroller and Mosey.

Please
or

TwelveGrimmauldPlace · 03/09/2014 21:12

Mamas and papas armadillo - the seat unit is huge and it's a small pushchair

Please
or

RandomMess · 03/09/2014 21:15

Look at 3 wheelers - with tall backs and deep seats, XTS twister & easylife sport are good ones if you can find them. With the harness you could use baby reins with the anchor straps attached to the D rings - that is why they are there.

Please
or

SolomanDaisy · 03/09/2014 21:17

Baby Jogger City Mini is rated to 50 pounds. I don't think you'll find anything that is rated for higher weights.

Please
or

ElaineFromLondon · 03/09/2014 22:16

I've looked at the baby jogger before but it's harness is too tight on him.

OP's posts:
Please
or

ThinkIveBeenHacked · 03/09/2014 22:18

Maclaren XLR. Its wider and taller than the average Maclaren umbrella fold and very robust.

Please
or

googietheegg · 03/09/2014 22:20

Unmm, sorry if this sounds awful but might it helped if he walked more rather than getting a pushchair for a 2 year old? Please ignore me if you have reasons for needing one.

Please
or

ElaineFromLondon · 03/09/2014 22:23

The Maclaren XLR is was his current pushchair but he has outgrown it. Thanks for the recommendation though :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

ThinkIveBeenHacked · 03/09/2014 22:27

Gosh he musy be quite large. Sorry. I jave a three year old who due to her height wears age 4 clothes and she fits the XLR no problem at all.

Is his heavy weight down to a medical issue?

Please
or

Waggamamma · 03/09/2014 22:28

Maclaren does a special needs pushchair for older/larger children.

If he doesn't have any special needs I'd be getting him to walk more to shed some of those pounds! My 91st centile 4 year old doesn't weigh that much. We stopped using a pushchair shortly after he turned two.

Please
or

ElaineFromLondon · 03/09/2014 22:29

googietheegg- He broke his leg just after his 1st birthday. As you can imagine, this held him back a lot in terms of learning to walk and stopped him from being mobile. this is one of the reasons why he is so overweight. I can still understand what you were suggesting :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

ThinkIveBeenHacked · 03/09/2014 22:29

What sort of carseat is he in? id imagine it has been challenging finding one to suit a short uet heavy two year old.

Please
or
Please
or

googietheegg · 03/09/2014 22:34

Oh crikey Elaine, that sounds hard. Sorry to be insensitive.

Please
or

ElaineFromLondon · 03/09/2014 22:35

ThinkIveBeenHacked- I am currently using a Britax King 2 carseat but its a rather tight squeeze to get him in it and fastened in

OP's posts:
Please
or

Waggamamma · 03/09/2014 22:39

He is well over the weight limit for that carseat. It's not safe to have him in it. The harness is only tested to 18kg (around 40lbs).

Please
or

ElaineFromLondon · 03/09/2014 22:39

googietheegg- Its ok, I couldnt expect you to know x

OP's posts:
Please
or

ElaineFromLondon · 03/09/2014 22:40

Thanks Waggamamma- It's a good job you told me about that :) I'll have to get a new one for him

OP's posts:
Please
or

Fairylea · 03/09/2014 22:42

Nipper 360 from out n about. Light and sturdy at the same time and takes huge toddlers!

Please
or

ElaineFromLondon · 03/09/2014 22:45

He's just within the weight limit for that one, i could use it if he doesnt gain any more weight.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MademoiselleG · 03/09/2014 22:45

I hope you find a suitable pushchair for your son.
I'm mostly surprised that people seem to suggest a 2yo doesn't need a pushchair - surely they still do?

Please
or

MrsTerryPratchett · 03/09/2014 22:47

DD didn't use one after 18 months. Depends on the child.

Please
or

ElaineFromLondon · 03/09/2014 22:47

I would assume that most 2yo's would need a pushchair too

OP's posts:
Please
or

RandomMess · 03/09/2014 22:49

Remember the weight limit is what they have been tested/approved to, often they will take heavier weights.

i've just remembered BOB - the most brilliant 3 wheeler, they are now available in the UK I think imported by Britax?

Please
or

RandomMess · 03/09/2014 22:50

www.bobgear.co.uk/

My dc could still fit in it at around 7 years old Grin

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.