Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Nationwide

knickersniff · 22/07/2022 16:12

Anyone got a mortgage with Nationwide lately ? If so hong long did it take until you got your offer through ?

OP's posts:
Please
or

QuattroFromagio · 01/08/2022 17:59

months. never did get it. Fell foul of their insistance on having an EWS1 form despite the government not requiring it for low-rise buildings, and they absolutely wouldn't budge. it's totally messed my life up as it was my only chance, and the months of trying to sort it out meant I missed out on everything else.

Please
or

Ohexcellent · 01/08/2022 18:06

fedupathome · 01/08/2022 17:47

@Ohexcellent that's fantastic news! So pleased for you.
Nothing yet but not expecting to hear back so soon as apparently our buyers have requested the credit card statement in the post to scan to Nationwide.
The wait is making me unbearably anxious.

@fedupathome Thank you! It always amazes me that in a time where we can have virtually anything we want within 24hours, that it’s these nerve wracking things that decide to take forever 😭 Fingers crossed all is fine for you and you’re not left waiting too much longer!

Please
or

Ohexcellent · 01/08/2022 18:08

knickersniff · 01/08/2022 17:45

Nope not heard a word 😫 it'll be 7 days tomorrow since valuation.
Glad you got yours through

@knickersniff Our original offer was 10 days after valuation so I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you hear by the end of the week 🤞🏼😊

Please
or

knickersniff · 01/08/2022 19:20

@fedupathome Thank you! It always amazes me that in a time where we can have virtually anything we want within 24hours, that it’s these nerve wracking things that decide to take forever 😭 Fingers crossed all is fine for you and you’re not left waiting too much longer!

This ☝️ for me it's that it's decided by a person who may either love their job or hate it . Or if they've had a good start to the day or awful .. it's the knowing you can afford to do something but someone else who doesn't know you from Adam decides that you can't .

OP's posts:
Please
or

knickersniff · 02/08/2022 15:34

QuattroFromagio · 01/08/2022 17:59

months. never did get it. Fell foul of their insistance on having an EWS1 form despite the government not requiring it for low-rise buildings, and they absolutely wouldn't budge. it's totally messed my life up as it was my only chance, and the months of trying to sort it out meant I missed out on everything else.

Can you not try another lender ?

OP's posts:
Please
or

QuattroFromagio · 02/08/2022 21:42

knickersniff · 02/08/2022 15:34

Can you not try another lender ?

Unfortunately not. They were the only ones likely to fit my particular circumstances, and also a lot of the other banks are now still requiring the EWS1 forms for low-rise buildings too - partly because there is govt help for high-rise buildings, but not low, because they're not supposed to be required. So it's a kind of catch-22, because the banks are still asking for them for low-rise buildings, even safe ones, if there is even a hint of cladding (despite it being safe enough that the govt won't ask for certificates or help with removing it!).

And by the time it went through all the attempts to sort it out other ways, appeals, etc, the rates and cost of living have risen so much that other banks won't lend enough (even if we are paying just as much in current rent/mortgage!).

Please
or

knickersniff · 03/08/2022 10:17

I'm either on day 8 after valuation or day 6 if I don't count the weekend . 🤷🏻‍♀️

OP's posts:
Please
or

fedupathome · 03/08/2022 22:55

Our buyer is on 6 weeks after valuation now!

does the 9 day SLA start over each time they ask for a new document?

Please
or

knickersniff · 03/08/2022 23:20

fedupathome · 03/08/2022 22:55

Our buyer is on 6 weeks after valuation now!

does the 9 day SLA start over each time they ask for a new document?

I'd say it's possible as they can't wait sit and wait for the document . Our broker also said it's the height of summer and school holidays so their is more staff taking leave .. no help to any of us I know but In my work place we are also short staffed due to summer hols

OP's posts:
Please
or

knickersniff · 04/08/2022 12:18

So our broker has heard back from nationwide , they've noted that our car is financed to offered abit less that what we need . The car goes back In December so he seems to think that realistically we wouldn't complete until November anyway so they don't need to count that payment . Hating every second of this .

OP's posts:
Please
or

fedupathome · 05/08/2022 17:59

They have now asked for ANOTHER credit card statement from our buyer for another card. This doesn't sound like good? Has anyone been in this position?

Please
or

Whippetquick · 05/08/2022 18:04

I've just lost my buyer because they increased their mortgage rate buyers can no longer afford repayments......wonderful

Please
or

WinterMusings · 05/08/2022 18:11

@Whippetquick

I'm sorry, I think SO many are/are going to be in the same situation. It's crap.

it's also a bit shit of the banks because surely the stress tested to beyond the current increases in the first place?!

Please
or

Whippetquick · 05/08/2022 18:40

Winter musings just read on another thread the don't stress test anymore ?

Please
or

knickersniff · 06/08/2022 00:24

fedupathome · 05/08/2022 17:59

They have now asked for ANOTHER credit card statement from our buyer for another card. This doesn't sound like good? Has anyone been in this position?

No but I've just payed my loan off with abit of our stamp duty money so my loan payment isn't taken into account ... il just work overtime to rebuild the stamp duty ..
it's an utter shit show . I'm fully expecting to be declined our mortgage ... gutted

OP's posts:
Please
or

knickersniff · 06/08/2022 00:26

Whippetquick · 05/08/2022 18:40

Winter musings just read on another thread the don't stress test anymore ?

It's not compulsory but many mainstream lenders are still doing it as matter of caution

OP's posts:
Please
or

knickersniff · 11/08/2022 11:09

We got our mortgage offer this morning 🙌🙌

OP's posts:
Please
or

Whammyyammy · 11/08/2022 18:09

6 days

Please
or

Oasis1975 · 11/08/2022 22:24

Applied 1 June (40% LTV) received offer end of July - after lost paperwork apparently……
Our broker says WFH is adding to delays and it is not just Nationwide but most lenders. So frustrating, I feel your pain.

Please
or

User4223131 · 12/08/2022 02:15

knickersniff · 11/08/2022 11:09

We got our mortgage offer this morning 🙌🙌

@knickersniff that’s great news 🥳👏🏼

Please
or

fedupathome · 12/08/2022 16:12

For any bank or credit card statements anyone had to send did they insist on copies from the bank ie those that come through the post or do they accept online statements you can log into your bank and download and are branded etc

Please
or

rubytubeytubes · 12/08/2022 16:19

Mine took 12 weeks - with nationwide- I am not kidding! My complaint that i put in 6 weeks ago has still not been responded to.
the house we were buying got put back in the market so it has been really stressful.

I would avoid them at all costs and will never go with them again.

Their customer service is appalling and non existent. They can’t even respond to a complaint.

Please
or

knickersniff · 12/08/2022 17:39

fedupathome · 12/08/2022 16:12

For any bank or credit card statements anyone had to send did they insist on copies from the bank ie those that come through the post or do they accept online statements you can log into your bank and download and are branded etc

I sent them all from my phone through my online banking

OP's posts:
Please
or

knickersniff · 12/08/2022 17:39

rubytubeytubes · 12/08/2022 16:19

Mine took 12 weeks - with nationwide- I am not kidding! My complaint that i put in 6 weeks ago has still not been responded to.
the house we were buying got put back in the market so it has been really stressful.

I would avoid them at all costs and will never go with them again.

Their customer service is appalling and non existent. They can’t even respond to a complaint.

12 weeks is appalling

OP's posts:
Please
or

fedupathome · 15/08/2022 09:34

@knickersniff How many weeks did it take?

we're still waiting for our buyers mortgage to come through. It's not just a Nationwide issue he had also been sat on it doing nothing.

We're going to put our house back on the market if he doesn't get his offer in the next couple of days.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

We're all short on time

Log in or sign up to use the 'See Next' or 'See all' posts by the OP (Original Poster) and cut straight to the action.

Already signed up?

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?