My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Fetus won't stop moving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43 replies

bibblebobbles · 12/02/2024 00:25

Aahhhhhh, weeks and weeks and weeks of having a bloody gymnast in my body! It's over active I swear, if this thing moves as much now as it does after being born, I'll never see sleep again!

I'm like a punch bag on the inside, I know it's meant to be all "cute" and happy when the baby moves, and of course I'm delighted it's very much alive but it's relentless and uncomfortable!

I used to think of being a surrogate but that's gone out the window lol

OP posts:
snoopy18 · 12/02/2024 00:44

So crazy isn’t it. Had anterior placenta during first pregnancy & so many reduce movement episodes that I was induced at 37 & 6. Couldn’t feel much at all. This pregnancy anterior placenta but my god the movement has been sooo intense it makes me feel sick 😭 37 weeks & so ready to have baby earth side!

Snowontheroof · 12/02/2024 02:12

It was a long time ago now, but my first baby used to have hiccups inside me. It wasn't painful or uncomfortable, but bloody annoying!

DramaAlpaca · 12/02/2024 02:18

@Snowontheroof my first did that too! I'd just be settling down for the night and he'd start with the hiccups and keep me awake.

That's when he wasn't poking me in the ribs with his foot.

He's just turned 30, and he's still annoying Grin

Nat6999 · 12/02/2024 03:14

Ds was like that, every time I was doing anything complicated at work or trying to sleep & he would start disco dancing & headbutting my bladder.

theprincessthepea · 12/02/2024 03:16

I’ve always felt as if I shouldn’t complain but I do not remember my first moving as much as my second. I actually find it quite weird and uncomfortable. Also have a very hiccupy baby and the feeling of a strong pulse just beating is something I’m still not getting used to.

On the plus side I never feel anxiety about movements as they are constantly kicking about. I’m definitely looking forward to him being outside my body though!

Kosenrufugirl · 12/02/2024 03:58

Your choice of a word to call your baby is peculiar. Is it a planned pregnancy? Are you struggling? Could you ask your midwife to refer you to some antenatal groups? Any other support? You sound very stressed

momonpurpose · 12/02/2024 05:14

Your choice of a word to call your baby is peculiar. Is it a planned pregnancy? Are you struggling? Could you ask your midwife to refer you to some antenatal groups? Any other support? You sound very stressed

I have to agree with this. I hope you have someone you can go to and seek support.

bibblebobbles · 12/02/2024 05:19

Huh? No I'm not at all stressed just joking around. Yes it's a planned pregnancy 😊

OP posts:
bibblebobbles · 12/02/2024 05:21

On the plus side I never feel anxiety about movements as they are constantly kicking about.

lol absolutely

OP posts:
Mismatc · 12/02/2024 06:32

This is my third and rather than fetal movement I refer to it as fetal violence, haha. By far my most active baby

BEO · 12/02/2024 07:05

I’m 38+6 and have an anterior placenta , and literally barely feel my little girl. Can only feel if I put my hand on the outside. It’s been so stressful, I wish I could have felt her more because I love it when I do.

MidnightSerenader · 12/02/2024 07:07

Careful what you wish for. The only thing worse than a baby who moves too much is one who doesn’t move enough.

Weloveflowerss · 12/02/2024 07:10

my second was like this, she’s just turned one and still hasn’t stopped moving!!!

shellshapes · 12/02/2024 07:14

Oh my gosh I feel the same, this is my third baby and as reassuring as it is that it's moving so much, I honestly don't know when it sleeps!!

I was told I have an anterior placement this time but it must be lower centre rather than front and centre because I feel this as much as my first with the posterior placenta!

It likes to favour that small thin soft patch right at the top of my belly too, just to really have maximum impact 😂 only 10 weeks to go!

Communionmom · 12/02/2024 07:18

DD2 was like this. She’s 7 now and still never stops moving! She also rolled and walked early and she does gymnastics!

BananaSplitsss · 12/02/2024 07:20

momonpurpose · 12/02/2024 05:14

I have to agree with this. I hope you have someone you can go to and seek support.

Was coming on to say exactly the same.

bibblebobbles · 12/02/2024 07:26

BEO · 12/02/2024 07:05

I’m 38+6 and have an anterior placenta , and literally barely feel my little girl. Can only feel if I put my hand on the outside. It’s been so stressful, I wish I could have felt her more because I love it when I do.

Aww yeah I totally sympathize. Feeling it move around is definitely reassuring. I conceived straight after 2 miscarriages so I know the anxiety around the 'unknown'. Your little one will be with you in the outside world soon. 😊

OP posts:
bibblebobbles · 12/02/2024 07:27

BananaSplitsss · 12/02/2024 07:20

Was coming on to say exactly the same.

Oh calm down! I'm just having fun

OP posts:
Jennywren2000 · 12/02/2024 07:38

I had one like this and I’m afraid it has continued his whole life! He never stays still.

LightSpeeds · 12/02/2024 07:40

Snowontheroof · 12/02/2024 02:12

It was a long time ago now, but my first baby used to have hiccups inside me. It wasn't painful or uncomfortable, but bloody annoying!

I used to love their hiccups!

Moonpig82 · 12/02/2024 07:42

It’s reassuring. It’s a precious experience. Wishing you well in the rest of your pregnancy OP.

Duolingo · 12/02/2024 07:43

Oh I had this. I had a customer facing job when pg with my first and strangers would lose their attention from what we were talking about and often comment on the seemingly feral beast I was growing 🤦‍♀️ If it wasn't kung fu it was hiccups. Labour was quick but little wonder, they were going bananas trying to boot their way out, even the midwife commented as she was trying to listen to their hb.

My second was a lot calmer. They saved the ridiculous poses until literally the moment before exit, where they decided a vogue-type pose would do nicely - yeeeOOow FFS!

In the outside world, DC1 was/is a lot calmer than DC2, although both were keen to move. Those babies you can sit on a picnic mat for example and they just stay there are a mystery to me! I gave up on postnatal pilates because my 4mth old kept escaping the mat.

Good luck op!

ShowOfHands · 12/02/2024 07:50

One of mine moved A LOT in utero.

Turned into the most relaxed, placid and horizontal person in the world.

Don't worry just yet.

scaredofff · 12/02/2024 08:30

DS was like a wave machine inside me. I don't know what he was doing it used to feel like forward rolls. Then he'd get faster and faster. My god sometimes it would make me
feel so nauseous, like I'd been on a boat

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor · 12/02/2024 08:32

scaredofff · 12/02/2024 08:30

DS was like a wave machine inside me. I don't know what he was doing it used to feel like forward rolls. Then he'd get faster and faster. My god sometimes it would make me
feel so nauseous, like I'd been on a boat

I felt nauseous with all the movement too 🤢

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.