My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Being 9 weeks pg is hideous

54 replies

Enid · 23/09/2005 11:03

I can't stay awake in the day and can't sleep at night. I feel sick all the time. I am really really grumpy. I hate cooking atm and yet have a dh and two children that expect lovely home cooked meals. I have to work four mornings a week and I couldn't bloody care less about it.

All I want to do is sit in front of the telly and eat chili crisps.

I hate feeling like a slob.

I have no energy.

Plus we are in dispute with our feckless builders who are STILL in our house despite being nearly 4 months over schedule and I am constantly worried I am going to have a miscarriage.

I am the size of a house already and hardly any clothes fit me and yet I am trying to keep it a secret from work.

pthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OP posts:
Enid · 24/09/2005 11:06

pph

I did that duck thing last night, brilliant thanks. I bought a couple of ready meals from Waitrose but dh was so horrified (did I say he could be hard to live with sometimes ) he has said that HE will cook more often in the week.

Can't face Bristol Hennes today but may go to London next w/e anyway so will try then (also top shop maternity and gap maternity)

marina its roast veg and Loyds puttancessca tonight with pasta

Thanks all. I didnt actually get up until 10.30 this morning so am feeling slightly less horrific today. x E

OP posts:
Milge · 24/09/2005 11:27

Congratulations Enid . I remember the tiredness and sickness very well but i didn't have young children to care for. Try throwing together some food before bath, bed, etc. so you can come downstairs from stories to a cooked meal - can you face assembling stews or is that too much like cooking?
Lamb&ratatouille stew -cubed lamb, onions, courgettes, peppers, aubergine, a bottle of passata, tom puree, onions, oregano, Place in a casserole and leave in the oven all day on a low heat( or bottom oven of aga) as a suggestion.

princesspeahead · 24/09/2005 15:38

oh good i'm glad you liked it! if i think of more recipes i'll post them.

i went to bed at half 8 last night!! and got 12.5 hours - i feel soooo much better

expatinscotland · 24/09/2005 15:46

Being pregnant at all is hideous, IMO. I'll be glad when No. 2 is out and DH goes for his snip.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.