Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What decision do I make??

52 replies

crazylady121 · 17/07/2022 23:00

My daughter who is now a young adult,suffers with social anxiety and doesn't like change doesn't want to move house.I want to do swap so I can move my life on with my partner.He has teenage children part time so need a bigger house to blend both families.My daughter doesn't want to move and wants to stay in the house.She doesn't work and it works out more financially viable for myself and partner to move through swap.The decision is causing so much upset but I know I want to under same roof as my partner.Do I stay in house and live unhappy or make the move for happier future.

OP posts:
Please
or

MolkosTeenageAngst · 10/08/2022 22:08

That sounds very positive, I’m glad your daughter has coped well with you being away and is doing better. It sounds like you may be right that she has become overly dependent/ reliant on you and it may be good for her to have to take a little more responsibility for herself and to have a little purpose. Splitting your time between the two households seems like a good compromise for now and a good way to test how well living with you partner and seperately from your DD could go. At 19 she is still young and I think you do need to take her needs into account, but equally you can’t spend the rest of your life alone (unless you want to) just because your adult daughter doesn’t want to move so it is reasonable to start taking some steps towards the two of you living independently from each other.

Please
or

crazylady121 · 14/08/2022 11:32

Thank you all for responding,positive or negative,all opinions have helped me stand back and look in at situation.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?