Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Dd expects photo of real fairy

abigailthespiderinthehat · 25/02/2019 20:46

So my DD, 7, has thought of a foolproof way of discovering if fairies are real. She has a fairy door in her room and a mailbox and this is where the tooth fairy leaves her money and occasionally notes. So tonight she has written a letter to the fairy with instructions how to take a selfie with her tablet. I can't find a believable image for her so should I just leave it? I can't bear for her to be disappointed in the morning!

OP's posts:
Please
or

AllTheFours44 · 25/02/2019 20:48

Leave a note from the fairy explaining the tablet is too heavy for her to lift.

Please
or

FrozenMargarita17 · 25/02/2019 20:50

Great idea above Op! Not sure I could top that !

Please
or

EvaHarknessRose · 25/02/2019 20:50

Can you do a 'mistake' shot of the carpet, or the ceiling, as though she had tried Grin

The dilemmas of parenting. My dd left a note asking the tooth fairy for £10! I should totally have put that one on social media to embarrass future her

Please
or

Steeve · 25/02/2019 20:52

Message deleted by MNHQ as it's a duplicate.

Please
or

Steeve · 25/02/2019 20:53

Haha, brilliant. Can you find something on DeviantArt or Fairytastic you can use? The tablet too heavy idea is genius tbh.

Please
or

safariboot · 25/02/2019 20:53

Ever since an incident involving Sherlock Holmes, fairies have been scared of cameras.

Please
or

MergeDragons · 25/02/2019 20:53

Fairies as magical beings don't show up on technology otherwise they'd be caught on cctv all the time. It is part of their magic the only way to see a fairy is in person or in a drawing (depending how good an artist you are).

Please
or

KTD27 · 25/02/2019 20:54

Got any fairy wings or anything sparkly you could take a close up accidental image of?

Please
or

HerRoyalNotness · 25/02/2019 20:55

There is a app if you google that you can superimpose a fairy onto a pic, eg the tooth fairy hovering over a sleeping child. It was about $10 last time I looked at it

Please
or

Wolfiefan · 25/02/2019 20:56

Merge is right. Fairies can’t be captured by mere human tech.

Please
or

HerRoyalNotness · 25/02/2019 20:56

It’s called i caught the tooth fairy

Please
or

abigailthespiderinthehat · 25/02/2019 20:58

Some great ideas thanks! I'm thinking now it's better to leave a note rather than attempt to find a good pic. I'll cover all bases so she knows it's pointless asking again!

OP's posts:
Please
or

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer · 25/02/2019 20:58

I was going to suggest a tooth fairy app too.
Take the photo in the app, screen shot it and then delete the app.
There are some free ones I think.

Please
or

Gruzinkerbell1 · 25/02/2019 20:59

Here you go, I googled "tooth fairy selfie"

Take a screenshot and crop the image.

mobile.twitter.com/_ellabourne/status/452148361165295616

Please
or

BHStowel · 25/02/2019 21:03

Why don’t you wait and see what the fairy does? It might be able to work the tablet. On the other hand it might be busy tonight. Lots of tooth fairy’s are working extra long hours as the odd weather has had the effect of more wobbly teeth. It might not have time for social niceties at the moment.

Please
or

abigailthespiderinthehat · 25/02/2019 21:04

Had a look at the apps and the link, there's no way she'd believe any of them! Best going with the note, hope she's not too disappointed!

OP's posts:
Please
or

headinhands · 25/02/2019 21:07

https://icaughtthetoothfairy.com/

The above link is for an app that lets you add a fairy to an existing photo.

Please
or

Pondering1 · 26/02/2019 15:04

OP, alongside your note, you could show her this lovely video on youtube - of a very rare occurrence that a toothfairy has actually been captured on camera for a little bit of magic?? It's really believable I thought!

Please
or

KissingInTheRain · 26/02/2019 15:09

Fairies as magical beings don't show up on technology otherwise they'd be caught on cctv all the time. It is part of their magic the only way to see a fairy is in person or in a drawing (depending how good an artist you are).

Obviously that is a good answer for a credulous child.

Amazingly, though, it seems to make no difference to the adult posters on here who stuff up the place with stupid ghost threads.

Please
or

00100001 · 26/02/2019 15:15

Has her tooth actually fallen out though?

Please
or

SpamBot · 26/02/2019 15:19

Use Capture The Magic - it's an app where you take a picture and add the tooth fairy pic, so it looks as though the fairy is actually in their bedroom - used it for many Christmases, Easters and Lost Tooth moments in our household!

Please
or

BlueMerchant · 26/02/2019 15:22

Fairies can't be caught on camera ( and sprinkle some glitter near the little door on the floor or leave a leaf or something that wasn't there when she went to bed,,)

Please
or

Pondering1 · 26/02/2019 20:09

Kissingin the rain, do you teach your children to talk to others in such a manner.

Please
or

KissingInTheRain · 26/02/2019 20:12

Kissingin the rain, do you teach your children to talk to others in such a manner.

What’s wrong with the way I wrote my comment? It wasn’t in any sense rude or unpleasant.

Ah...do you believe in ghosts?

Please
or

KeptTheBeachesShipwreckFree · 26/02/2019 20:53

If you're any good with photoshop you could take a photo of the bedroom in the night and then overlay an image of a fairy with some fairydust and then match the colours.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?