Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Success stories

Jay92 · 23/10/2018 14:42

Anybody got any success stories that didn't have any babies but had two miscarriages in a row, and went on to have a healthy 3rd pregnancy?

OP's posts:
Please
or

granolacrayons · 24/10/2018 13:47

I'm in the same situation as you, I would love to hear some success stories right now.

Please
or

Jay92 · 24/10/2018 15:29

@granolacrayons have you had two also?

OP's posts:
Please
or

granolacrayons · 24/10/2018 15:50

Yes, I've had two this year. One in Feb and the other three weeks ago. I don't have any children, so I am beyond worried that I won't be able to. Have you had any tests?

Please
or

Frazzlerock · 24/10/2018 15:52

I hope I can be a success story.

MMC and MC 2.5 years ago. This is my 1st pregnancy since but I am only 4+4 so who knows what will happen. I am on a knife edge right now. I do have two very healthy DC from a previous marriage, however. But they were here before my MCs.

Please
or

Jay92 · 24/10/2018 15:54

@granolacrayons no none at all. We are trying again. I am only 26 . I have read a bit online about taking aspirin. As something it helps if you are having miscarriages due to a clotting issue. I have started taking some this past few months. I have one last June, and one this April too. First was 11 weeks and 2nd was 6 weeks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

granolacrayons · 24/10/2018 15:59

@jay92 I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriages. Are you taking aspirin while you are not pregnant?

I have a bit less time than you, I am 34. So I am paying to have private blood tests done. I am also having a hysteroscopy, to have a look at some large fibroids which may be causing an issue. There could well be nothing wrong with me physically, I just think I will be able to worry less if I am actively do something about it (if that makes sense). Are you trying to get pregnant again?

Please
or

Frazzlerock · 24/10/2018 16:19

I just think I will be able to worry less if I am actively do something about it
FWIW, now that I am pregnant, I am taking progesterone (prescribed by doctor as I have PCOS) and low dose aspirin (also prescribed). I am still stressing about losing another but, like you say, I feel good knowing I am doing all I can.

Please
or

Jay92 · 24/10/2018 17:54

@granolacrayons I am at the minute. Period due tomorrow and I know it will come.
I work with babies to it is extra hard 🙈
Yes I am taking aspirin now. I read online it can't do much harm and when referred to infertility, they will start you on aspirin too. Hope it works for us, and hope you get some answers and peace of mind .

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jay92 · 24/10/2018 17:56

@Frazzlerock yes I have just bough aspirin in boots. I heard they will start me on it if I have a third. To be honest I don't want to wait and have a third for them to tell me to start taking something I could have already been on. Fingers crossed it all works out for you. It's so hard when you want it so bad.

OP's posts:
Please
or

granolacrayons · 25/10/2018 09:12

@jay92 best of luck today. Hopefully you can be the success story!

Please
or

Nosublettingmyspace · 25/10/2018 09:33

I have had 3 MC. 2 before my DS and then another before DD. I didn't take aspirin but made sure that my diet was really healthy and read information by Dr Marilyn Glenville which helped.

Please
or

granolacrayons · 25/10/2018 10:15

@Nosublettingmyspace did you take all the supplements that Dr. Glenville recommended?

Please
or

LJFM2B · 25/10/2018 11:11

We started TTC january 2017 and I had 3 miscarriages between July 2017 and Feb 2018, each very different - one complete miscarriage at 10 weeks, one missed miscarriage at 14 weeks and last an early miscarriage at 5 weeks. They found out i had PCOS but also found that my hormone levels were normal so this wasnt the problem as i was falling pregnant easily. After advise from an unrelated doctor I went on to take aspirin and booked a bucket list holiday where by we spent some of our savings to miama, bahamas and florida ( i didnt want to fly while pregnant or trying so put a stop to holiday bookings so thought SOD IT)

We had an amazing holiday, found out we got the house we wanted and got a buyer for ours while away and when we come back i found out we conceived while we were away. We were both sick with nerves but had 3 scans by the time our dating scan came around and low and behold i am sitting here 30 weeks pregnant feeling my healthy happy baby moving around very lively!! ... Im still taking aspirin and am being consultancy led with extra growth scans but touching every piece of wood in site SO FAR were all good. even got to the stage where we brought everything we need too!!!

My advice to anybody is to go with your gut, i was told several times that i was young fit and healthy so it was just bad luck and there was no evidence to show i needed to take aspirin but IMO thats my saving grace. I take it every morning and say thank you to the pack (like a weirdo) but were so grateful to that tiny pill.

Good luck to everybody in this situation, and im very very very sorry for your losses! its an un explainable thing to go through. And congratulations to anybody who is now carrying (in belly or out) their rainbow babies :) xx

Please
or

Nosublettingmyspace · 25/10/2018 11:14

I took the vitamins and mineral suggested but not the herbal supplements. I did a total makeover of my diet and cut out caffiene and alcohol.

Please
or

Nosublettingmyspace · 25/10/2018 11:26

Best of luck to you all.
I agree with LJFM2B go with your gut.

Please
or

Jay92 · 25/10/2018 11:49

@LJFM2B thanks so much for your reply. Congratulations. That's amazing. All happened at once for you with holiday, house and baby. What dose aspirin did you take? 75mg ? That is what I am taking at the minute. Need to get my progesterone level checked also.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jay92 · 25/10/2018 11:50

@granolacrayons took a test. No period but negative test, so will probably come later today or tomorrow.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jay92 · 25/10/2018 11:52

@Nosublettingmyspace thanks for reply. Must read up on that doctor ☺️see what is recommended . Thanks for reply.

OP's posts:
Please
or

LJFM2B · 25/10/2018 12:03

@Jay92 I know! its went scarily well for us for the first time in a while and for ages we were very "on edge" waiting for something to go wrong and now finally relaxing seen as it feels like its close close to him/her being here :)

Yep 75mg every day from TTC until 34 weeks of pregnancy, Progestrone check is a blood test (i think from memory) just push for it! they say they wont do anything until 3 MC but i think thats so wrong! push push push for any test you feel would be right for you!! if it wasnt for me pushing i would never know i have PCOS (no that its massively effecting me but still good to know you have it)

Go get em, and good luck with everything!

Please
or

feebeedeebeedoo · 25/10/2018 12:17

Hi, I hope I can offer some hope. Apologies for the long story.

We tried for a long time to conceive but with no luck. Had lots of tests but other than slight PCOS there was no reason we couldn't.

After years of nothing I got pregnant out of the blue. Sadly I then started bleeding at around 8 weeks and scans confirmed a miscarriage. I fell pregnant again the following year and was offered an early scan because of the previous loss. There was no heartbeat. At this point, I was referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic. I was lucky enough to be living in SW London at the time and saw Prof Manyonda at St Georges. He ordered a whole load of tests and I had a hysteroscopy to look for fibroids. He found nothing wrong. I fell pregnant and he put me on a cocktail of drugs - prednisolone, aspirin & cyclogest. I went on to miscarry for a third time.

There was no more the prof could do for me at this point so I was discharged.

8 months later, I fell pregnant again. My GP would not prescribe the meds without confirmation that the hospital would still prescribe the same. I emailed the secretary and got confirmation back straight away along with an appointment to see the prof the following week. In addition to the other meds, I was also prescribed heparin to inject daily as I had had a dvt some years previously.

We went along for an early scan at 7.5 weeks. Fully expecting to be told there was no heartbeat again. Sonographer actually remembered us from previous visits. She shouted when she saw the heart beat and I think she was almost as excited and emotional as we were! I stayed on the meds for the first 12 weeks and was then weaned off. Although I had to continue with the heparin for the whole pregnancy.

My beautiful rainbow baby will be 3 next month.

Please
or

Jay92 · 25/10/2018 12:17

@LJFM2B I have just booked an appointment with my Gp for next week to see what they will do. Exactly. How did they diagnose PCOS? Is it just like an internal scan? Thanks for your wise words. Good to here some nice stories ☺️gives me hope x

OP's posts:
Please
or

igivein · 25/10/2018 12:20

We tried for about 3 years before i got pregnant the first time. I then had two missed miscarriages.
Second time I went in for an ERPC, whilst there asked the registrar about referral for investigation but was told they didn't normally refer until after three miscarriages.
I pointed out that I was now 40, so didn't really have time to hang around waiting for another miscarriage before I got checked. He agreed and DH and I had blood tests done - nothing found.
We decided that, at 40, maybe it was just too late and we'd missed the bus, so gave up trying.
I re-evaluated my priorities, applied for and got a new job that entailed a total change of career direction, and generally threw myself into 'other stuff' and 'being busy'.
Started new job in January after having a lovely (busy) Christmas. I felt really tired and not quite right - put it down to the upheaval of starting the new job.
I'd sort of lost track of my periods during this time, but in February it dawned on me I hadn't had a period whilst I'd been in the new job...
I did a test and got a positive, but I just thought 'Here we go again' because I'd had no symptoms and thought it was another missed miscarriage.
Went to GP who referred me for a scan rather than telling me to register with the midwife. Scan showed showed a healthy 12 week old!
Didn't really take it in. When I was 28 weeks a friend said to me 'You do realise you're having a baby don't you?' I laughed at her and she said 'No, I mean if you went into labour today there would be a live baby and you would have a child'.
Two weeks before my due date my BIL brought around all their baby stuff out of their loft because we hadn't bought ANYTHING in case we jinxed it.
DS is twelve now and is serving his apprenticeship to become a stroppy teenager. I'm 54, old and knackered, but living proof that it can happen!

Please
or

Jay92 · 25/10/2018 12:21

@feebeedeebeedoo aww I'm delighted for you. Such a lovely ending. Yes I am living in Belfast ,and they don't do anything until you have had three. Just put the two down to bad luck. Which is a bit crap. I am still going to take Asprin but have made an appointment with my Gp and even see will they do some bloods to see is anything coming up low.

OP's posts:
Please
or

RiverTam · 25/10/2018 12:24

I had 5 early miscarriages and went on to have DD (2 more miscarriages after her as well).

We had lots of checks done (we finally went private to Prof Regan's clinic at St Mary's), nothing really found but was given progesterone suppositories and also had acupuncture. Did the trick for DD but not subsequently.

Please
or

Jay92 · 25/10/2018 12:25

@igivein thanks for your story that ended up a lovely outcome. Just shows you when you stop thinking about it , it can happen. I have tried to forget about it and let it just happen. But I think about it every day. I work in neonates so get a reminder each time I am in work. I'm sure you feel blessed after all that. I hope it happens soon for me . Fingers crossed.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.