Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

News

Ian Huntley taken drug overdose

42 replies

oxocube · 05/09/2006 10:13

according to Yahoo. Seriously ill and in hospital. Find it hard to be too sympathetic if he is guilty as charged

OP posts:
hulababy · 05/09/2006 10:17

here

expatinscotland · 05/09/2006 10:17

Too bad it didn't work.

Carmenere · 05/09/2006 10:18

But he has been convicted already, hasn't he?
Dp says he does it because it's the only time that he get's anything approaching sympathy

hulababy · 05/09/2006 10:18

I have no sympathy for him. He is trying to take the coward's way out rather than face his punishment for the hideous crime he committed.

He is expected to survive.

saggarmakersbottomknocker · 05/09/2006 10:20

Gutted......not!

LIZS · 05/09/2006 10:20

How can they not notice he hasn't taken medication in so long ? Don't they search the cells of known suicide risks.

Carmenere · 05/09/2006 10:23

No I diddn't mean sympathy from the public I meant professional care in a hospital is the only sympathy he would get.
No I think that it is a pity that even though he managed to kill two little girls he can't even top himself properly
I suppose that it is better that he lives to serve his sentance though.

hulababy · 05/09/2006 10:24

They do do cell searches, but you wouldn't believe how ingenious some of their hiding places are. The new info when found is ahared amoungst prisons, but I am often stunned at where they find to hide things in their cells.

HellKat · 05/09/2006 10:27

I'd quite happily hand him more pills myself, ideally with a lovely rusty knife to help him along the way.

Seashells · 05/09/2006 10:29

Well I wish he had succeeded in his attempt, one less evil person in the world and less money for all us taxpayers to stump up to keep him locked up.

biglips · 05/09/2006 10:29

they should've of left him there - dying!!!

bundle · 05/09/2006 10:32

I was talking to dh about the Austrian (priklopil?) who abducted the 10 year old girl killing himself under a train and we came to the conclusion that it would have been better if he'd been still alive, as he could then have felt what it's like to be held prisoner, with little hope of ever seeing the outside world again. I feel pretty much like that about huntley too, death is a bit of an "easy way out" iykwim.

expatinscotland · 05/09/2006 10:32

If I were a guard, I think I might have pretended I didn't see him.

Kidstrack · 05/09/2006 10:33

should of left him where he lay, SUFFERING like he let those poor little girls suffer

Marina · 05/09/2006 10:38

Oh no, I'm glad they resuscitated him. Like bundle, I want to see Huntley locked up and very much alive to a ripe old age. A life behind bars is what he deserves. Death at a time of his choosing is a luxury he doesn't deserve.

hitchcock · 05/09/2006 10:55

understand that people feel should have left him to die however he must be kept alive and serve his life sentance in jail for ever beeing allowed to die is not justice he must be made rot in prision other killers (brady etc) have to serve their p terms why should he be any different?????

bundle · 05/09/2006 10:56

Being an adult, Huntley can never suffer like the children he murdered, they trusted him and must have been terrified beyond words when they realised what he was doing to them.

Incarceration is an imperfect (but I can't think of a better one) way of punishing him for what he did, stopping him from doing it again and showing society's disgust. I don't begrudge a penny of the money I pay in tax to keep him alive and in prison.

hitchcock · 05/09/2006 11:00

the fact that hes done this 2 now (od) means that being in prision is something that he cant handle so is justice in a warped way

MINNIE1 · 05/09/2006 11:03

Same as that i hope he rots in jail for the rest of his life and that he never get the easy way out.. He should'nt be givin any form of tablets for anything. He did a terrible thing when he killed those young girls. He deserves to suffer.

oxocube · 05/09/2006 12:24

That's a point Minnie. Why is he being given medication in the first place? If they are some kind of stabiliser/ anti-depressant, then surely thats ludicrous.

OP posts:
noddyholder · 05/09/2006 12:40

I think prisoners of his ilk should be allowed to die.It costs a fortune to keep him in prison and apparently what it cost per year could fund 4-5 students at university inc fees and living!Much better use of the money IMO.

DumbledoresGirl · 05/09/2006 12:52

Can someone explain to me why people like Huntley are resusitated? I am not in favour of the death penalty, but neither am I keen to finance this man's incarceration either. As Noddy said, the money could be spent elsewhere to much better effect. What is the morality behind resusitating a man like this?

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

notasheep · 05/09/2006 12:53

Attention seeking by the looks of things

expatinscotland · 05/09/2006 12:54

I had to pay to get a potentially life-saving vaccine for my kids. It cost too much for the NHS to put it on the standard immunisation course for British children until recently.

But somehow there's money for monsters like him to get anti-depressants and whatnot.

Piffle · 05/09/2006 12:59

If being alive makes him suffer then fight to keep the bastard alive
I hope his conscience rots him from the inside out and he is plagued with nightmares and fails to sleep.
Depression my arse, when you imagine what the Wells and Chapman families have to come to terms with, knowing how their darling girls were killed and abused.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.