Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What mop do you use ? Which one shall I buy ?

18 replies

CuntingSeal · 10/03/2021 09:10

Which one shall I buy ? I need a new one and want one that works well and leaves floors relatively dry . I can’t see past the marketing rubbish so a recommendation would be great .

OP posts:
Please
or

YouPrettyThings · 10/03/2021 09:11

I've just bought a Vileda Turbo Mop and am very happy with it.

Please
or

ThePontiacBandit · 10/03/2021 09:15

I have the vileda turbo spin mop too, it’s really good. More expensive than most but you can spin/wring the mop so it uses less water and dries faster.

Please
or

CuntingSeal · 10/03/2021 11:01

Ooh thank you will have a look at that one .

Where is the cheapest place to buy it ?

OP posts:
Please
or

Greenvalleysightseeker · 10/03/2021 12:37

I really like flat mops, you can clean a floor in no time without the need for a bucket of water, especially if you're cleaning pretty often and the floor isnt filthy. I have this one from Amazon - I just soak the microfibre pad in hot water and wring it with my hands, drop it on the floor and attach the mop to it and swish around the floor in no time (I mainly use it for the kitchen, you might need to use another clean one for each room). If the floor is wet I use another dry one to dry the floor but honestly it dries in no time as it doesnt hold a lot of water like a tradtitonal mop. Then I throw the pads in the washing machine, dry on the radiator over night and use again the next day. Five minute job maximum.
Mine is a spray mop but I dont bother with the spray most of the time.
www.amazon.co.uk/Calitek-Floor-Spray-Reusable-Microfibre/dp/B07PNJJTVS/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-rsf1_0?psc=1&keywords=Floor%20Spray%20Mop&pd_rd_i=B07PNJJTVS&qid=1615379800&cv_ct_cx=Floor%20Spray%20Mop&dchild=1&pf_rd_p=0907528d-e69c-42de-9df8-628d56a339fb&pd_rd_wg=EhOz9&pf_rd_r=DEY2KR8NHJNS0B4NFPEC&pd_rd_w=9fi8X&pd_rd_r=97f5cff9-07b9-4e6e-97ca-aa9580251a88&sr=1-1-f188f9fa-0157-48f5-a7ad-8e0892dbeeeb&tag=mumsnet&ascsubtag=mnforum-21

Please
or

CuntingSeal · 10/03/2021 18:56

Will look at flat ones . .... decisions decisions .....
Thank you

OP posts:
Please
or

3rdwave · 10/03/2021 19:23

Agree flat one with cloth head that you can soak and wring in the sink. Also they are neat to store in cupboard. Mine was £9.95 with removable microfibre thing from Amazon. Previous one lasted 15 years.
Difficult to get excited about a mop but I am quite pleased.

Please
or

userxx · 10/03/2021 21:52

I broke my spinning mop, I'd only used it 3 times. I have an ordinary vileda mop, think it's called supermocio. I also have the vileda spray mop for giving the place a quick one over.

Please
or

lazylinguist · 10/03/2021 22:21

I seriously recommend this flat mop. It's got a clever bucket that makes it easy to control how wet your mop (and therefore your floor) is.

Please
or

Littlefiendsusan · 10/03/2021 22:30

I couldn't make up my mind so I have a old fashioned mop and bucket from Asda, one that you can take the shaggy head off and chuck in the wash and also a spray mop for quick clean ups.

I use the spray mop daily and is great but feel the old-fashioned mop gets the floor cleaner.

Please
or

DespairingHomeowner · 11/03/2021 23:01

Another 👍 for Vileda Turbo mop, the spin function leaves floors quite dry, and the mop head can go in machine

Please
or

AlwaysLatte · 11/03/2021 23:20

Steam mop! I have this H2O X5 - Steam Mop - 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner (Green) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LEGM3UE/ref=cmswwrcppapifabcc_1HH3TZBYTMFR9JY9KNXE

Please
or

BettyBeStillNow · 12/03/2021 16:53

Flat head mop, heads can be washed in washing machine and tumble dried and I have even made my own extra mop heads.

No bucket storage required, just spray floor and mop. I did try a spray mop but I didn't like that you couldn't really control where it sprayed including my skirting boards and sometimes a bit up the wall.

Please
or

danni0509 · 12/03/2021 17:14

Vileda turbo mop. You can keep pressing the foot pedal if you want an almost dry floor.

I think it was on offer this week in wilko for £17.50 (I paid £30 for mine)

Please
or

Shineonyoucrazy · 13/03/2021 15:52

Old fashioned mop and galvanised steel bucket. The bucket will outlive me, mop head substantial and washable, I replace every few years. I use washing soda and whichever aromatherapy oil takes my fancy. The floor probably gets wetter than modern systems but I shuffle around with an old tea towel on my feet to dry it off. I'm on a cleaning rota at our scout hut and I find the plasticy things there really flimsy.

Please
or

CuntingSeal · 14/03/2021 12:49

I am leaning toward a flat head one . I am rubbish at making these important decisions .
Thanks for the opinions it helps .

OP posts:
Please
or

Davros · 14/03/2021 23:43

Whatever work horse mop you get, I also recommend Swiffer (or similar) for quick cleaning between full mopping

Please
or

Newchallenge · 14/10/2021 08:57

Aha, I knew MN would be the place to come for recommendations. What did you go for in the end @CuntingSeal?

Please
or

flowersmakeitbetter · 14/10/2021 22:37

E-cloth flat one

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?