Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Films

Anyone else think WALL-E was crap?

83 replies

paperchain · 26/07/2008 18:47

so we had a 'family trip' to the cinema. The DSs and DH chose walle.

What a load of rubbish

OP posts:
MaryAnnSingleton · 06/08/2008 10:46

Orm - we always go to Wagamama after the cinema !! Chose to see Wall E over Kung Fu Panda - it was a good choice and we liked it, Kung Fu P looked pretty much like the usual stuff, not a bad thing of course, but Wall E was refreshingly different. Agree about the load of merchandise available - somehow defeats the point of the film if you are then going to litter the place with more plastic tat.

OrmIrian · 06/08/2008 11:00

Ah well we live in the sticks so no such thing round here

3andnomore · 16/08/2008 22:58

Well, we went to see it yesterday and thought it was excellent...my ds's 4 and 5 loved it and so did I.....there was no real need for dialogue, I thought...and I thought that was part of the charm of it all...and the underlying message was good, too

But maybe we just don't know what's good.....that is possible, of course

hockeypuck · 16/08/2008 23:06

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was meh. DD and DS were alternating between scared and bored the whole way through and had about 10 toilet trips, something they never do normally as they don't want to miss anything. They were gripped watching Horton Hears a Who - this was dull. Even DD said "That is the first film I have seen that I don't want the DVD of".

TiredEmma - you are not the only one who is very excited about the prospect of seeing Troy in HSM3

GrinningGorilla · 16/08/2008 23:06

My 4 and 3 year old boys loved it (so did I) we really had a good time. I PMSL at the very obese people on the spacecraft rolling about like weebles because they couldnt stand up. (little things please little minds)

MrsSnape · 17/08/2008 11:11

I think it LOOKS crap if that counts?

janeite · 25/08/2008 21:05

We saw it today with the girls aged 13 and 11; we all thought it was brilliant. Really poignant and a bleak but believable picture of the way we might be going if we don't do something about a) landfill and b) obesity.

It was sweet and subtle and clever, I thought.

I loved the end titles with all the art references too.

Agree with ChopsTheDuck that it was quite Raymond Briggs-esque.

sinkingfast · 27/08/2008 19:45

Loved it

Took 5 kids ranging in age from nearly 13 down to 5 - only one that didn't love it was the 5 year old who was scared.

Completely agree with Pruners' post.

One question - what is the musical that they kept showing?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.