Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Best realistic youtube HIIT trainer

PostladyPat · 02/07/2022 11:33

Please can you recommend a You Tube trainer that can offer workouts that are able to be stepped up or down and show the different abilities as you go? I keep getting down hearted as I can't keep up or do a push up yet! Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Carpy88999 · 02/07/2022 15:39

You don't need to do HIIT. Unless you're really pushing yourself to the absolute max it isn't HIIT anyway. Just do steady state like a jog or even walking.

Please
or

Yodaisawally · 02/07/2022 15:54

Hi wicks has all sorts of levels of HIIT online, and there are always variations of you can't eg do a full push up

Please
or

Mushroo · 02/07/2022 15:56

I’d also recommend Joe wicks. I started with PE with Joe over lockdown. Even though it’s aimed at kids it kept me engaged and it builds up.

the normal adult workouts are also good!

Please
or

redbigbananafeet · 02/07/2022 15:56

Carpy88999 · 02/07/2022 15:39

You don't need to do HIIT. Unless you're really pushing yourself to the absolute max it isn't HIIT anyway. Just do steady state like a jog or even walking.

There are much more exciting and challenging exercises than walking and jogging. There's no need to avoid them at any fitness level.

Please
or

PostladyPat · 02/07/2022 18:17

Mushroo · 02/07/2022 15:56

I’d also recommend Joe wicks. I started with PE with Joe over lockdown. Even though it’s aimed at kids it kept me engaged and it builds up.

the normal adult workouts are also good!

Thank you will take a look

OP's posts:
Please
or

SunnyNights · 03/07/2022 18:26

I like the HIIT workouts by Fitness Blender, you can sign up to access the newer content or just use the free ones on YouTube which is what I do.

Please
or

Cocoandcleo · 03/07/2022 18:29

Not on YouTube but I find the Nike Training app really good

Please
or

WeeM · 03/07/2022 18:31

Fitness blender and joe wicks are both good. There should be an easier version of whatever they are showing you (annoying if they don’t show you it at the time though!) or do a search for beginners hiit or low impact hiit maybe and see what you find?

Please
or

Cheeseandlobster · 03/07/2022 18:33

Nobadaddiction is a great channel. They often have workouts with 2 trainers to show easy and advanced

Oh and Juice and Toya always have 2 difficulty levels.

Please
or

FlowerArranger · 03/07/2022 18:41

I recommend Growingannanas.

Anna has TONS of a variety of HIIT sessions on YouTube. Full body or targetted, low impact, intense, no jumping, sweaty, supersweaty, with/without weights, Tabata, etc, lasting anything from 20-50 minutes. Very focused, well thought-out and effective.

Please
or

PostladyPat · 03/07/2022 22:13

FlowerArranger · 03/07/2022 18:41

I recommend Growingannanas.

Anna has TONS of a variety of HIIT sessions on YouTube. Full body or targetted, low impact, intense, no jumping, sweaty, supersweaty, with/without weights, Tabata, etc, lasting anything from 20-50 minutes. Very focused, well thought-out and effective.

This looks good! Thanks 🙏

OP's posts:
Please
or

HellyR · 03/07/2022 22:25

I quite like Bodyfit by Amy, she usually offers lots of options and there are tons of different things. Just dip in and out and see what sort of things suit you.

Please
or

Todayisanewday75 · 04/07/2022 07:49

Body Project and Heather Robertson are both really good, lots of different level workouts

Please
or

BrandNewBicep · 04/07/2022 08:56

My fitness level is not brilliant, but I like Growwithjo. She has workouts of all lengths and at different levels. They are fun and not hardcore.

Please
or

swedex · 04/07/2022 09:01

HellyR · 03/07/2022 22:25

I quite like Bodyfit by Amy, she usually offers lots of options and there are tons of different things. Just dip in and out and see what sort of things suit you.

I've just done her beginner weights workout and she has loads of content on YouTube Hirt, weights low impact all sorts!
I really like her approach.
It's difficult to find YouTubers who aren't so 'American' in their approach! She is quite gentle! But if anyone has any other uk based recommendations I'd be grateful!

Please
or

FlowerArranger · 04/07/2022 09:13

Anna - Growingannanas - is Austrian and very sweet, but her workouts are anything but. Some are quite tough, others less intense, they vary in length and target different body parts, but all are very professional and can easily be adapted to one's level of fitness, e.g. by going slower or using lighter weights.

She has a huge back catalogue, so it's easy to find whatever one is looking for that day by searching for, say, 'sweaty no jumping cardio weights' etc. I also like her quiet, unassuming but friendly personality. For me she ticks all the boxes. (Can you tell I'm a fan...)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.