Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Training shoes recommendations?

KaycePollard · 07/09/2021 14:43

The nearest running shop with a gait analysis is miles (and 2 buses) away, so I thought I would pick your brains here for ideas. I'm currently pretty happy with rotating Saucony Cohesion and New Balance 570 but I wondered if there might be better choices out there.

I work out mostly in my gym, doing about 3 really heavy work outs each week: heavy lifting, and metcon style workouts (where my PT tries to break me ...), including a bit of treadmill running (probably not more than 5k each week) plus I also do Bootcamp/HIIT and Body Pump group classes. I rarely run outside now (too much like hard work).

What have been your favourite gym trainers, under £100? Any suggestions for stability style particularly welcome - I have moderate pronation, although my current shoes are neutral & feel fine, and I'm not getting injuries related to this.

OP's posts:
Please
or

emmathedilemma · 08/09/2021 13:06

For heavy lifting, weights and spin I wear innov8 f-lites which are a gym / crossfit shoe. I wear them on the cross-trainer but wouldn't run in them, there's next to no cushioning in them and they have a zero heel drop but they provide a great stable base for lifting weights. My running trainers feel like sponges if I try and do weights in them by comparison! I wear stability running shoes with orthotic insoles but just wear my orthotics in these.

Please
or

KaycePollard · 09/09/2021 14:20

Thanks for this @emmathedilemma Some good ideas here. I tend to lift in my squishy trainers, because I do fairly mixed training sessions, but interesting to think about looking for trainers with a lower /lesser heel drop.

OP's posts:
Please
or

emmathedilemma · 09/09/2021 16:42

Oh I’ve been known to take 2 pairs of trainers into the gym and change them mid session!! Reebok do quite a lot of gym / training shoes although I’ve never tried them as my innov8’s have lasted forever because they only get worn indoors.

Please
or

KaycePollard · 09/09/2021 18:24

I am just imagining what my PT would say if I did that ... but for working on my own, it's an option. Thanks for the ideas!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.