Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

How much is David Lloyd?

Baycitystroller · 25/05/2021 15:30

Sorry I know this must have been asked lots of times but what is an Individual membership, roughly? I’m in the North.

I do not understand their lack of membership fee transparency.

OP's posts:
Please
or

dementedpixie · 25/05/2021 15:32

It probably differs by area so there's no set price. Think dh pays about £60

Please
or

CovidCorvid · 25/05/2021 15:33

It's very different depending on the specific club. I'm in the north and pay £96 for basic membership, that's with corporate discount. Some clubs further down south and with better facilities are significantly cheaper. Depends what other competition is in the area and what they think they can get away with charging.

Please
or

Baycitystroller · 25/05/2021 15:33

Ok thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hotcuppatea · 25/05/2021 15:35

My friend paid around £200/month for her and her daughter. Pricey, but it was a really nice club with an outdoor pool.

Please
or

Baycitystroller · 25/05/2021 15:35

£96 sounds alot!!! I’m in a cheap gym at the moment but fancy a bit more variety, better facilities and a pool! £96 is probably more than I can afford!

OP's posts:
Please
or

dementedpixie · 25/05/2021 15:37

Check with your local one. We're in Scotland so maybe that's why ours is a bit cheaper

Please
or

MeridasMum · 25/05/2021 15:37

We're about £200 per month for a family membership. It includes gym, classes, indoor and outdoor pool, towels, spa

Please
or

Nowisthemonthofmaying · 25/05/2021 15:40

Depends where you are, what facilities you want to use, when you want to go... DH & I have a joint membership for £60 each per month

Please
or

AledsiPad · 25/05/2021 15:41

We pay £230 for 2ad & 2dc and one DCs swimming lessons. It’s mostly funded by a DCs DLA because they can’t cope with the noise and sensory input of the larger, dirtier local leisure centre.

To be honest though, at this point, I’d go without food before cancelling my membership. I love it! Grin

Please
or

dementedpixie · 25/05/2021 15:41

gymmembershipfees.com/david-lloyd-prices/ don't know how accurate this is

Please
or

CovidCorvid · 25/05/2021 15:41

£96 is a fortune. I was paying £126 for full rackets until recently. Don't assume they have better facilities apart from the pool and the members lounge. The timetable is rubbish and the gym is tiny compared to the £30 a month council run gym locally. They removed Les Mills off the timetable to save money before Covid which has infuriated me. Replaced it with their own sub standard in house version.

But all my friends go and it's a massive social thing for me.

Please
or

dementedpixie · 25/05/2021 15:42

I use my local council gym and it's £34.99
I can use all the centres in the area and some have pools

Please
or

CovidCorvid · 25/05/2021 15:43

I'm actually considering paying an extra £30 a month and joining the council gym as well to get a better timetable which is bonkers!

Please
or

Silkiecats · 25/05/2021 15:45

Varies by club and even within clubs people can be on different rates like you get 3 months rates, 12 months rates, discounts for certain employers, old rates. Ours was 200 a month in a London club for family of 4.

Please
or

Ilovelove · 25/05/2021 15:46

I am in the south east and pay £125 for me and two children. I get a towel but they don’t!

Please
or

Silkiecats · 25/05/2021 15:50

Our membership included pool, spa, towels for all, discount off food and kids holiday club, kids clubs etc. You also get membership with or without tennis at ours, different hours, with towels etc.

Please
or

speakout · 25/05/2021 15:50

I use the local council gym too- a really packed schedule of classes, great equipment, free weights, hydro suite, swimming pool. All classes ( including Les Mills) spin, yoga, pilates, kettle bells, metafit, zumba, kukuwa and lots more included in membership no extra charge.
£32.50 a month.

Please
or

Baycitystroller · 25/05/2021 16:16

Thanks for the info all

OP's posts:
Please
or

Silkiecats · 25/05/2021 16:23

Sometimes they do offers like when we joined we had 2 week free trial then 2 months free on a 3 month contract. But you do need to be very careful to read contract re notice. Ours worked out good value but only due to kids using their kids clubs about 10 hours a week in price as well as me using swimming pools and spa. Ours was open very long hours and outdoor heated all year.

Please
or

SylHellais · 25/05/2021 16:24

I’m in the south east and I pay £120 a month for non-premium (so no spa, towels or racquets). The facilities are better than at my previous gym which was only a tenner a month less so I’m happy with it.

Please
or

Tartuffe · 29/05/2021 08:24

I am in the Midlands and pay £73 a month for basic membership on a 12 month contract. There is a flexible membership with 3 months notice which costs more. Not sure how much.
Platinum membership which gives you a towel, early booking rights and 10% discount on food is £88 a month.
A friend is a member at another David Lloyd about 10 miles away and pays around £60 a month on a 12 month contract. That’s the cheapest I have heard for David Lloyd. I agree that the fees are set according to how much local competition there is and what they can get away with.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.