Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone have a ultra high support sports bra recommendation?

OutingMyselfAgain · 14/11/2020 20:21

Both my sports bras feel really supportive when I put them on, like my boobs can't move at all, but they always hurt afterwards.

I need something ridiculously supportive, but I don't want to waste my money!

Any ideas gratefully received :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lellochip · 14/11/2020 20:24

Shock Absorber do the job for me. Not cheap but can quite often find them cheaper online. I'm a 32f and they don't move

Please
or

Jenala · 14/11/2020 20:28

The Shock Absorber Ultimate Run bra, for sure. I ran in it without pain when I was a 36G.

Please
or

Polyxena · 14/11/2020 20:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

OutingMyselfAgain · 14/11/2020 22:43

Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

fellrunner85 · 14/11/2020 22:56

Freya Active underwired (ran a decent half marathon in it as a 34H with no trouble)

Then Panache.

Shock Absorber Ultimate Run as 3rd choice.

Lots of people swear by Enell, but they rubbed me to shreds.

Please
or

safetyzone · 17/11/2020 21:25

Shock absorber has a new style called infinity, which is ridiculously comfortable. No bounce, no discomfort.

Please
or

moirarosebabay · 17/11/2020 21:28

I wear 2 sports bras (at the same time) one wired and one not wired. Very very comfy. I've got a few from marks and Spencer's and a shock absorber.

Please
or

dun1urkin · 17/11/2020 21:32

Freya active with underwire here, too (34G)

Please
or

mirage937 · 17/11/2020 21:37

SYROKAN on amazon mostly under £20.

Please
or

Wowzel · 17/11/2020 21:42

I wear the shock absorber, level 4 (30G)

Please
or

fellrunner85 · 18/11/2020 09:08

I wear 2 sports bras (at the same time) one wired and one not wired. Very very comfy

You see, I'm baffled whenever people say this. What sort of exercise do you do in two sports bras, which doesn't chafe?!

Please
or

moirarosebabay · 18/11/2020 11:05

@fellrunner85

I wear 2 sports bras (at the same time) one wired and one not wired. Very very comfy

You see, I'm baffled whenever people say this. What sort of exercise do you do in two sports bras, which doesn't chafe?!

I run about 12.5k and get no chaffing. Honest! Everything is held in place so well! Grin
Please
or

OutingMyselfAgain · 18/11/2020 12:04

I used the shock absorber ultimate run today, and it was brilliant.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

OP's posts:
Please
or

FollowedMyDreams · 18/11/2020 13:21

Enell has my vote. I have been using this brand for more than a decade (well it feels like it) and the bras last a really long time. They aren't the prettiest bra but for bigger chests the wide straps are a blessing! They aren't cheap but their durability is outstanding.

Please
or

fellrunner85 · 18/11/2020 13:37

Don't you find the Enell ones really rub, @FollowedMyDreams? I might've got the sizing wrong, but I tried both the 00 and the 0 and neither was quite right over long runs. I always found the Enell hard-wearing and durable for the first hour or two, but just painful after that, especially in the middle section where the hooks are.

Please
or

fellrunner85 · 18/11/2020 13:39

Ah, fair enough @moirarosebabay - if you're only doing shorter distances I can see how it works. The concept of being out for hours with two bras on was what was blowing my mind - IME most things are comfortable up to a couple of hours, but its then that any chafing or uncomfortable hooks/fabric/straps really get bothersome!

Please
or

FollowedMyDreams · 18/11/2020 13:42

Hi @fellrunner85 - I must confess I am not a runner BUT I do hike longer distances up to 25km when the mood takes me, so I can be out for several hours. I haven't had any issues that you have mentioned. It might be worth checking out different sizes as you mentioned. I have also been wearing them all day for work but opted to go a few sizes up for comfort when I am not doing high impact but just want to keep my breasts restrained and out the way :)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.