Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What does your weekly exercise consist of?

mamapants · 16/08/2020 18:01

I am not exercising as much as usual since the schools have been closed but hopefully in five weeks time it will be a bit easier.
Managed to keep up with 3 x runs. A 3 mile, 4 mile and long run.
Normally do yoga class once a week, sometimes do more at home. And am hit and miss with strength training and do less than once a week.
Wondering what other people's routines look like as am looking for inspiration.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Burnthurst187 · 16/08/2020 18:09

Five mile walk every evening, been doing it since July last year

Please
or

CostaCosta · 16/08/2020 18:12

I do 5k every other day. Would like to do some other training too but not sure i'd fit it in time wise.

Please
or

SecretWitch · 16/08/2020 18:13

5 days a week. Mix of yoga, strength and cardio. 30-40 minutes daily.

Please
or

Pirisprinkles · 16/08/2020 18:41

3 x bootcamp
3 x runs
1-2 x tennis
I sometimes add the odd challenge/Instagram workout and a stretching session.

Please
or

FinnyStory · 16/08/2020 18:47

Run six times per week, about 35-40 miles in total. In summer a weekly mountain bike blast and a weekly long ride of about 40-50 miles, in winter 2 x spin classes.

Usually I do yoga or pilates 2-3 times per week but I haven't gone back to the gym yet so have been doing a daily 15 min abs sessions and a 15 min stretching session via an app, which I'm enjoying more than I thought I would.

Oh and a Sunday afternoon stroll with DH Smile

Please
or

DipSwimSwoosh · 16/08/2020 18:48

About 2 long swims and 2 short per week. I book into a lake or go for a dip somewhere.

Please
or

Spodge · 16/08/2020 18:52

1 x 45 min high intensity cardio on punch bag
2 x 1 hour resistance training at gym with weights
2 x 45 min bodyweight/resistance training at home
2 x 1 hr whatever I fancy doing at the gym (I tend to work hard)

Please
or

ScrapThatThen · 16/08/2020 18:58

Run 6 miles on a Saturday, Swim 1.5 km ish on a Sunday. Generally a stroll, a run and sometimes some weights during the week, ideally would do two midweek runs and a swim but life has got in the way recently.

Please
or

Chocolateteabag · 16/08/2020 19:33

3 x boot camp and trying to get 3 runs in - 2 at least 5k and 1 over 10K
But that doesn't always happen as life gets in the way.
I've had a break for a week while seeing family (not east to run while I was there for various reasons) and I've been aching from Friday boot camp and Saturday 10k which is slightly discouraging

I've been trying to get my running into a habit during lockdown and I feel I'm getting there - just need to not overdo it and get injured!

Please
or

MrsxRocky · 16/08/2020 19:40

I run 7 miles a day sometimes more.
Bought a running buggy when baby turned 5 months.
Has been an absolute life saver.

Please
or

Drogonssmile · 16/08/2020 19:56

Just started to get into a routine over the last month.
4 x c25k a week
5 x 30 min walk a week
4 x weight training a week

I have knee and hip problems thanks to flat feet and also have mild osteoarthritis in my shoulders so have to be careful. I'm only 38 as well Angry hoping the exercise will make me stronger though rather than exacerbate the issues!

Please
or

schmalex · 17/08/2020 08:14

I run x 4 (currently following a 12 week 5k training plan on my Garmin to up my speed). Do about 25k a week.
Strength train x 3 with the Sweat app.

Please
or

Spudlet · 17/08/2020 08:19

3 runs a week normally - I’ve hurt my big toe though so I’m waiting for new trainers to arrive at the moment (pretty sure it’s my old ones that are the issue - they’re just worn out). Distance varies, I’m starting a half marathon training programme at the moment although my half has been put back to next year so it’s just for myself, really.

I try to do some yoga at least once a week, and I’m hoping to start doing some resistance band work as well. I did a couple of core yoga sessions at the weekend in lieu of running and I ache today, so I obviously need it!

But mostly I run. It’s hard to fit much more in around DS.

Please
or

pomegranatefizz · 17/08/2020 08:26

2/3 x 5k run
2/3 x spin class
1 x Body Pump
1 x Yoga

I do something 6 days a week and have a rest day usually on a Sunday. I want to go back to doing 2 Body Pump a week but I'm struggling to fit it in now back at work etc

Please
or

Ironfloor269 · 17/08/2020 08:27

6k run every morning. It takes about 35 minutes.

Please
or

DivisionBelles · 17/08/2020 08:31

I walk around 5k every afternoon. I also started C25K during lockdown but had to stop as I had a hysterectomy in June. Have restarted this gently so should be running 3 times a week as well.

Please
or

NerrSnerr · 17/08/2020 08:40

I do one Pilates class, one yoga class and I go swimming twice a week. I also have a 15-20 minute strength workout I try to do daily.

Please
or

Jocasta2018 · 17/08/2020 08:42

Walking briskly (ie working up a sweat but not jogging) for 5 miles a day - preferably 5-6 times a week.
I prefer to go outside but have a treadmill if it rains plus all my favourite walks have been packed since March due to Covid exercise, etc so I'm using it a lot at the moment.
I do sit-ups & resistance bands every other day.
In normal times, I try to swim a couple of times a week.
So I'm not the mega-Queen of Fitness but it's better than nothing!

Please
or

emmathedilemma · 18/08/2020 08:40

When the gym is open (if it ever reopens!!) I would usually do a spin class, a bootcamp class, a couple of gym sessions, PT (heavier weights) once a fortnight, maybe a short (5k) run and a long run each week. Since lockdown I've just been running and walking almost every day (running about 100miles a month) and done Pilates once, sometimes twice a week. I did a bodyweight sssion last week and couldn't walk for 2 days!!

Please
or

noodlmcdoodl · 18/08/2020 09:00

I aim for 11 hours cycling a week. Then try and stretch and foam roller daily.

Please
or

Bwlch · 18/08/2020 09:10

It varies but usually five sessions at the gym, at least one cross-country run (5/6 miles) and a session at home too: a mix of heavy weight, kettlebells, resistance bands, body weight exercises etc.

Please
or

PrivateD00r · 19/08/2020 21:12

I do 2 x body pump, 2 x spin, 1 boot camp class and some short strength classes every week. I am wanting to try and add in some running so plan to start couch to 5k.

Please
or

firstimemamma · 19/08/2020 21:21

Half hour run twice a week.
Other than that being a sahm mum generally keeps me fit! Lots of running around with a toddler, housework, pushing a buggy loaded with shopping uphill etc.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.