Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Reduce tummy fat with exercise ??

LemonyCupcake · 31/05/2020 20:30

Hi - really want to slim down tummy - what’s the best way please when already slim (bmi 22)

Thanks !

OP's posts:
Please
or

LeGrandBleu · 31/05/2020 21:26

A BMI is an indication of metabolic health and won't tell you your body fat percentage. Fat is fat. If you want to lose your tummy, you need to slim down. Check this website to calculate your body fat fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy you only need a measuring tape.

For me, to reach a BMI of 22 I would need to put more than a stone on and it would show on my belly .
You can't lose fat in a specific spot.

Please
or

LemonyCupcake · 31/05/2020 21:41

Omg just did this and am flipping 28% body fat!!!!!!!

@legrandebleu thanks so much for posting this !!!

So I think I want to be about 22-23% - how do I work out how to do that ?? Lol thanks !

OP's posts:
Please
or

LeGrandBleu · 31/05/2020 21:57

It is not the workout, it is what you put in your mouth, sorry.
In a way, it is good news as it is easier.
Start by cleaning your pantry now, so tomorrow you can make a new start.
Bin everything that 1) has written some sort of sugar on the label 2) any crap you have such as crisps, frozen fries, ultra-processed food even fake healthy ones such as lentils chips

Record every single thing you eat or drink on cronometer.com . Aim to eat 45 gr of fibre a day, this mean a shitload of green stuff.
Have a look on YouTube for some videos from Jason Fung and read about insulin and intermittent fasting.

When I notice my trouser are tighter or that the zip on a dress doesn't go up as easily, I do 20:4 fast until it is sorted (fast for 20 hours, eat in a 4 hour window ) Download the Zero app (free version is enough) and go through the "learn" section .

Please
or

LemonyCupcake · 31/05/2020 22:51

Ooh thanks ! And how long to lose a stone you think if am mega strict ?

OP's posts:
Please
or

squaresandsquares · 31/05/2020 22:55

James Smith Academy is good. Watch him for free on FB..he's also fit imo. Haha.
Calorie deficit, high fibre, high protein, 10,000 steps a day. Exercise. And don't eat your exercise calories. Find out how many you need a day on JAmes Smith Academy app

Please
or

squaresandsquares · 31/05/2020 22:57

You can lose a stone in a week. Drinking loads of water and no carbs but that isn't fat loss it's water loss which makes scales lighter. To lose weight , actual fat. You are looking at 1lb -2lbs a week

Please
or

Time2change2 · 31/05/2020 22:59

It sugar and wheat completely. Avoid potatoes and rice. Eat good fats and plenty of green stuff plus protein. Think eggs and avacado for breakfast. Chicken salad for lunch and fish (no batter etc) with veg or more salad for dinner. Snacks are a bit of fruit, veg sticks and hummus, plain unsweetened youghurt, handful of nuts, small banana with almond butter or unsweetened peanut butter.
You can have salad dressings, nuts in moderation, cheese and all the meat and fish you like.
Just avoid heavily processed foods and sugar like the plague. The weight drops off so fast. In 2 weeks you will notice a difference and in 1 month you will have moved down a dress size

Please
or

Time2change2 · 31/05/2020 22:59

*cut not it!

Please
or

LemonyCupcake · 31/05/2020 23:04

Thank you all!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

CyberNan · 31/05/2020 23:04

op its a lifestyle change you need but has to be something you can maintain without making yourself miserable. buy yourself a weighted hoola hoop and use it regularly, at least every day. eat what you normally eat but just eat a bit less of the rubbish stuff and a bit more of the good stuff..

drink lots of water. don't aim to lose it quickly, slow weight loss is healthier and more likely to stay off.

Please
or

MrsJamin · 01/06/2020 07:38

I'm with @squaresandsquares, use the James Smith academy calculator to work out your calorie target and create a deficit, there are no forbidden foods, just track calories of what you eat and you'll work out what you need to eat less of. Create good eating and moving habits now that you can continue. Otherwise you'd be more likely to put all the weight back on again.

Please
or

LemonyCupcake · 01/06/2020 09:06

Thank you !

So it’s basically all diet with a bit of exercise for wellbeing / toning ?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Littleshortcake · 01/06/2020 09:09

Please
or

LeGrandBleu · 01/06/2020 09:23

@LemonyCupcake exactly, it comes to diet. But don't fall in the trap of a calorie is a calorie and that you can eat whatever you want/ Your body is a walking chemistry machine and hormones dictate storing and releasing of fat, so take this opportunity to nourish your body

Please
or

mistermagpie · 01/06/2020 09:29

It does depend on your body shape though, so even if you follow all the advice above your belly might not look perfect. When I was super fit and my bmi was 19 I still didn't have abs and the fat I was carrying was still on my stomach! I'm like a skinny apple shape naturally and although I've built up my legs, shoulders and arms for balance, any spare fat (and you do need some) still sits on my belly.

I've learned to live with it. In clothes I look fine and I don't needs abs!

Please
or

LemonyCupcake · 01/06/2020 09:49

@mistermagpie yeah I’m like that , def apple grrrrr

Will try it and reduce waist size (which is Currently 29 inches )

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.