Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone know about exercises for diastasis recti exercises - physio ? Post natal Exercise instructor ?

betterlucknexttimer · 26/05/2020 09:33

I have a separation between my abs since having a second baby. I've been doing the basic exercises for a couple of months, plus trying to loose the extra stone of baby weight. I checked google to tell me what will help .. leg slides, side plank, squats, some standing balances and these are all really easy now. Doing everything daily. I am doing them correctly stabilising and working my pelvic floor too, plus pelvic floor exercise . Is there any progression ? I still have the separation, when can I do stand abs or normal planks ?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Haworthia · 27/05/2020 11:18

I joined a Pilates class which really helped. It’s important to have a teacher who can tell you when you’re doing it right and when you’re doing it wrong, and also to tell you what you shouldn’t be doing with a diastasis. There’s also Mutu system which is an online programme especially for diastasis recti.

Please
or

ishouldtryabiteachday · 28/05/2020 00:24

@Haworthia yes I've seen the MUTU pop up on my ads on FB. Have you joined ? Pilates I think will have to wait until the world reopens to get proper help.?

Please
or

Haworthia · 28/05/2020 00:26

I did and the moves are obviously Pilates-esque. There’s also food and fitness stuff which I sort of ignored Blush But there’s no substitute for a good Pilates teacher. But online videos will keep you going for as long as it takes for the world to get back to some degree of normal!

Please
or

concernedforthefuture · 30/05/2020 20:14

MuTu is brilliant. Can't recommend it highly enough. Although it's online now (and quite pricey!) , they used to sell a DVD of the workout so you might have joy finding a second hand copy on eBay or something.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.