Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone have a Nordic Track rowing machine?

paap1975 · 12/05/2020 15:58

DH and I are seriously considering ditching our gym memberships. We live near a forest we can run and cycle in. I would probably sign up for a Pilates class. We think if we add in a rowing machine and kettlebells we should be doing pretty well.
The Nordic Track rowers have come up in several of my searches. Do any of you have one? Are you happy with it?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Haypyrexic · 12/05/2020 19:23

Can I ask why a rowing machine and what you would normally do at the gym that it's a substitute for?
(Gym and exercise novice!)

Please
or

paap1975 · 13/05/2020 15:52

It's more of an all round exercise than either running or cycling. Also good for strength.
At the gym we would normally use a few of the machines with weights and pulleys, DH does spinning classes, I run inside while he is there (he can't run as he is recovering from a knee op and I hate spinning).

OP's posts:
Please
or

Haypyrexic · 13/05/2020 16:50

Thanks. Is it a good substitute for the leg press? Also recovering from a knee op and I'm supposed to be using this!

Please
or

BrassicaBabe · 17/05/2020 21:18

Don't know anything about Nordic Track. I have a Concept2 if that's any help?

Please
or

PanicOnTheStreets85 · 18/05/2020 21:20

I haven't tried Nordic Track but would recommend Concept2 if you can afford it. Ours is used at least an hour a day most days and is still going strong after 5 years.

Please
or

ErrolTheDragon · 19/05/2020 14:56

We've got a Concept 2 - takes quite a bit of space (it's in a garage) but it's an excellent piece of kit IMO.

Pilates is really good too - but how good depends on the instructor IME. I'd say definitely find a class which suits you and where the instructor pays attention to the way your body works, not a huge group or YouTube.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.