Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Couch to 5k - join me?

cravingmilkshake · 23/10/2019 22:48

Hi all- 12.5 weeks post baby and this week just started the C25K program! I am on day 2/3 on the first week, anyone care to join me or share success stories etc?

OP's posts:
Please
or

AuntieStella · 25/10/2019 09:57

Hi!

How's it feeling?

I did C25K about 3 years ago, and it was one of the best things I have ever done.

You might like to have a browse of this thread (old, but recently bumped and in effect a timeless subject) , which is all about why running is worth it:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/exercise/3135343-How-has-running-changed-your-life

There are various C25K threads in this topic - you might like to have a look at some of these too.

Please
or

Lushmetender · 28/10/2019 09:15

Hi I’ve used this a few times and now using it again to build up running faster. Due to run week 6 run 3 today. I was running 5 k realistically in 37 mins but trying to get under 30 mins but I am 48 so run as fast as I used to. Son is building up his stamina using this programme. Good to see if any local park runs and have an event to aim for. Start looking for a club in your area when you get up to week 6 to help you come on

Please
or

cravingmilkshake · 28/10/2019 20:57

@AuntieStella thank you for the link to the thread!! Very motivational reading.

I put on a few stone just before getting pregnant and then the pregnancy so I'm heavy set and the first week was tough but just did the second one (day one) and I enjoyed it!

Thanks again!

OP's posts:
Please
or

cravingmilkshake · 28/10/2019 20:59

@Lushmetender thanks for the advice! I could do walk/run in 39 mins last year but hoping to do a full run and I know I will feel such achievement when I've completed it without stopping!

Already itching to go back out. I don't feel I have the confidence to join a running club!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Pancakeflipper · 28/10/2019 21:15

I did this. Well it took attempts tbh as I sort of stopped on the 1st attempt.
When I got to the last week I did a Parkrun. Lots of people do a Parkrun before this but I was scared (yes I am pathetic).
Been doing Parkruns for a year now. Made friends and with 2 of the friends we did a 10k. This was huge for me as broke my knee years previous.

Sometimes I hate the thought of going out but I never hate it when I come back in after a run. Such a buzz.

Do it. My thighs and mental health appreciate it.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.