Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Step tracker app on iPhone or a Fitbit??

cavycavy · 01/11/2018 20:15

I’m going to start walking 10,000 steps a day. Husband not entirely happy for me to shell out £100 on a fit bit purely for this purpose. He said there are plenty of iPhone apps that can do it.

I have an iPhone 5.

Are they any good? Which one is the best??

Or is a Fitbit really the only reliable tracker.

OP's posts:
Please
or

nickyschof · 04/11/2018 08:30

I find the health app on the iPhone to be good. It's already preinstalled on the phone (app is the one with a red 💓 on it). It should already be counting your steps whilst ever you have your phone with you.

Please
or

TheGoodEnoughWife · 04/11/2018 08:39

Be interested to find if anyone counts steps with a 5. I use Pacer or StepsApp but my mum has a 5 and can't use those apps, mine is a 7.

Please
or

adagio · 04/11/2018 08:43

iPhone app is fine, if you always have your phone in you, but you can get cheaper not-Fitbit wearable pedometers if that’s all you want.
I got a Fitbit because I got annoyed at ‘missing’ steps when I left my phone on the side or in my bag, and I decided I wanted the features (hr monitor, sleep tracking, calls and texts alerts etc) but if you don’t want the features then just get a cheap pedometer, or use the iPhone one.

Please
or

PoshPenny · 04/11/2018 08:49

The phone isn't as accurate at tracking as the Fitbit I found. I think it depends on where you put your phone to a certain extent. Also the Fitbit has the active minutes, heart rate and exercise functions as well. I was sceptical initially but I've been very pleased with my Fitbit

Please
or

cavycavy · 04/11/2018 23:41

Just found the app preinstalled on my phone and I average a shocking 3000 steps a day.

No wonder I’m bloody huge!

Embarrassing

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.