Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

PT session = ouch

amy85 · 15/09/2018 23:13

I treated myself to some PT sessions....did my first yesterday morning and ouch my legs and bum are so sore today 😂 the kids are finding it hilarious that I can't get up without whincing in pain lol

OP's posts:
Please
or

BlackAmericanoNoSugar · 15/09/2018 23:19

It gets better. After my first one I couldn't properly lower myself to the loo seat, I dropped the last couple of inches. My PT laughed when I told him. They are always happy to hear about after-exercise soreness, because they are sadists at heart. Grin

Please
or

RainbowBriteRules · 15/09/2018 23:23

Ooh, I have made a thread about whether a PT is worth it today! Is it really much better than you could do yourself? Trying to justify the money.

Please
or

BlackAmericanoNoSugar · 15/09/2018 23:34

Well, I probably wouldn't do much at all if I didn't go to a PT. But I have shoulder and posture issues that he is really helpful with. When I moved country I didn't find myself a new PT for about 8 weeks and in that time I went from having a reasonably good range of movement in my shoulders to not being able to reach the top shelf in the supermarket at all. Plus a good one can just at the way that you move and know which bits of you are wrong. I had back trouble that really was nothing to do with my back at all, it was my hip flexors being too tight.

Make sure you get to see a cv, you want to know how many years experience they have, what qualifications they have and whether they play a sport (sportspeople are more concerned with functional fitness, gym bunnies care more about how your muscles look). Don't go for someone who's done a short PT course and nothing else, they won't have the experience to know how far to push you without risk of injury.

Please
or

amy85 · 15/09/2018 23:38

😂😂 glad I'm not alone...

Rainbow - the PT sessions are expensive and it took me ages to justify paying for them...but it's so nice having someone there that knows what they are doing.. she tells me what exercises to do and how many reps and is there to encourage me also. I won't be able to afford many PT sessions unfortunately...I've paid for 4 (one a week for a month) then will definitely have to cut back

OP's posts:
Please
or

RainbowBriteRules · 16/09/2018 07:23

Thank you! I have had someone recommended so might say what they say.

Please
or

carrie74 · 16/09/2018 22:06

Ouch, know that feeling! Grin

I find the second day after is the worst, I'm afraid. But that also that will be the worst it gets, and then each following session will hurt less. It's amazing how quickly your body tunes up.

Foam rolling might help a bit? Some gentle exercise to get the blood moving and flushing away the toxins too.

Please
or

amy85 · 17/09/2018 23:16

Yup I was still hurting yesterday 😂 but forced myself to the gym which I think helped a bit.
My leg muscles are still a bit tender today, 3 days after my PT session 🙈

OP's posts:
Please
or

Porridgeprincess · 18/09/2018 09:44

It is a smug kind of pain though isn't it?

Please
or

amy85 · 18/09/2018 19:42

Youre so right it is!!!! It hurt like hell but I did feel good that it hurt lol

OP's posts:
Please
or

ShineOnHarvestMoon · 22/09/2018 10:20

because they are sadists at heart

Indeed. But mine lets me swear at him, and is really very excellent. And now I rarely feel sore after very intense sessions, because he's so good at mixing up what we do. He calls them "games." Huh!

Please
or

BlackAmericanoNoSugar · 22/09/2018 12:34

The PT that I had when I lived in London was incredibly happy when I swore at him, he made a note of it on my file. I tend not to swear because they are doing their job, but this particular time was the first session in January and he was being all chirpy "New year, new you" type which was unacceptable. I can handle the ordering around, the lack of sympathy for my pain etc, but chirpiness is just too much.

Please
or

ShineOnHarvestMoon · 22/09/2018 16:17

Grin Grin

With you, sister!!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.