Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Does Physiotherapy make back pain worse before it gets better?

EverybodyLovesAShow · 19/05/2018 16:49

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place so apologies if it's not.

I've had lower back pain for a long time now but it's gotten worse since I had my DS 16 months ago and when I went back to work 7 months ago houskeeping in a hotel.

I now have a very painful constant ache in my lower back that sometimes (maybe every 3 or 4 weeks for a week) gets excruciatingly painful to the point where I can't move and then with rest will settle down and just the same painful ache stays.
I also get shooting pains down my thighs.

Yesterday I saw a physiotherapist for the first time who told me it's not anything to do with my nerves it just weakened muscles probably due to pregnancy etc and gave me 3 pelvic and lower back exercises to do.
Well I did them last night and this morning my back is in agony and I can hardly walk!

Is this the sort of thing that's going to feel worse while doing the exercises until my muscles gain strength or should I stop the exercises?

I have to go back to work on Monday and immediately terrified I won't be able to move by then and I can't afford to take any time off. Sad

OP's posts:
Please
or

bluerunningshoes · 19/05/2018 16:53

depends
the physio and exercises can lead to muscle ache. just like other exercises.

Please
or

EverybodyLovesAShow · 19/05/2018 17:52

This doesn't feel like muscle ache or soreness from exercise as I can feel that kind of ache on my stomach muscles but the pain in my back is really severe.

OP's posts:
Please
or

StripySocksAndDocs · 19/05/2018 17:54

No it shouldn't. As said above you get muscle ache but the pain that's being treated shouldn't be worse.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.