Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Best 5 minute or less workout for a beer belly

ObsessedWithSex · 07/05/2018 22:16

Summer is here and I have just realised I will be seen in a bikini. I am fairly slim but am apple shaped with a beer belly and no waist.

Anything I can do in 5 minutes a few times a week? Looking for absolute minimal effort and no giving up carbs etc. Ideally a you tube workout or similar.

Currently I run very half heartedly twice a week.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Moominfan · 07/05/2018 22:17

Sex

Please
or

StealthPolarBear · 07/05/2018 22:18

Lol you want the holy grail! I'm a size 14-16. I'd like to be a size ten in six weeks but with out reducing my chocolate or wine consumption please

Please
or

ObsessedWithSex · 07/05/2018 22:18

Ha! I’m not as obsessed as my username suggests but I did actually wonder if that would be the best exercise...

OP's posts:
Please
or

zzzzz · 07/05/2018 22:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

ObsessedWithSex · 07/05/2018 22:20

I may be asking a little much Grin. Surely there is something we can do to tone things a little though. Not expecting miracles, just would like my tummy not to enter the room before me!

OP's posts:
Please
or

TooTrueToBeGood · 07/05/2018 22:20

Tabata fits your time requirement and is extremely effective if done right. If you're really looking for minimal effort though, there's no such thing, not that works anyway.

Please
or

ObsessedWithSex · 07/05/2018 22:20

Can’t afford a rowing machine and no space but actually that may be the best bet. Any similar workout with no kit?

OP's posts:
Please
or

zzzzz · 07/05/2018 22:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

ObsessedWithSex · 07/05/2018 22:23

Will think about rowing machine. I used to use one and it is such a good workout.

TooTrue, tabata looks great, will check that out thank you.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bubba1234 · 07/05/2018 22:25

Lily sabri abs workouts on YouTube all you need is ten minutes and a yoga matt

Please
or

TooTrueToBeGood · 07/05/2018 22:26

The good thing about tabata is it's all about the intensity, less the exercise though ideally go for full body exertion. You can do it on a bike, a rowing machine, a cross trainer but equally you can do body exercises like star jumps, burpees, static running etc. My personal preference is beating the shit out a heavy bag (of the boxing variety).

Please
or

ObsessedWithSex · 07/05/2018 22:27

Another good one to look up, thank you.

Just out of interest as I never get round to this, if I wanted to really fitter and tone my tummy and was prepared to put effort in, does it have to be heavy weight training? What do people suggest?

Don’t want to end up straight up and down which is what happens when I get fit. Would like some curves without the gut!

OP's posts:
Please
or

TooTrueToBeGood · 07/05/2018 22:33

If you're worried about your tummy it's probably more fat loss you need than toning. Unfortunately, your body will decide where you lose fat from first and Murphy's law says the area you want to lose it from most will be the last to go.

Please
or

ObsessedWithSex · 07/05/2018 22:38

Yes, you’re probably right unfortunately. Think I’ll just accept the belly for now as the price for having a few curves.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Heismyopendoor · 07/05/2018 22:39

Abs are made in the kitchen ;)

Please
or

ObsessedWithSex · 07/05/2018 22:45

Yes, I suppose that’s why it’s called a beer belly Smile.

OP's posts:
Please
or

junebirthdaygirl · 08/05/2018 00:06

Planks are good. Do them in bouts a few times a day.

Please
or

ObsessedWithSex · 08/05/2018 02:35

Planks are definitely doable.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Cuppaqueen · 08/05/2018 03:52

I used to do sets of 50 sit-ups, 50 crunches, 50 leg raises (on back, lifting both legs together into the air, straight, no touching the ground in between) and a 50-sec plank 3-4 times per week. Takes closer to 10 mins but very effective if you can stick to it. I stopped due to pregnancy and now working my way back up (sets of 40 atm) - it's easily taken an inch off my waistline already. If you can't manage 50, do as many as you can to start and try to add 5 reps per workout.

Please
or

GlitterBurps · 08/05/2018 03:58

Watching with interest as I have a wine belly 😂

Please
or

Tattybear16 · 08/05/2018 04:32

5 minutes a day? Get off mumsnet and make the best use of your time. You are investing it in yourself, minimal effort equals minimal result.

Please
or

ObsessedWithSex · 08/05/2018 06:02

Glitter Grin

You’re right of course Tattybear, I am not expecting miracles.

Wow Cuppaqueen, how long has it taken you to lose the inch?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Cuppaqueen · 08/05/2018 09:52

@ObsessedWithSex Difficult to say exactly because it's partly pregnancy weight naturally coming off but when I did it the first time definitely saw results within a month Smile

Please
or

ObsessedWithSex · 08/05/2018 10:22

That sounds good! Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I will try them out and start today. Hopefully in a couple of months I might be ever so slightly more toned.

OP's posts:
Please
or

AnnyMars010 · 11/11/2020 09:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.