Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Exercise for c-section overhang?

paranountain · 01/05/2018 19:31

Any suggestions please?

My last c -section was 9 years ago. I've lost weight and am fairly fit and healthy. I run, swim, gym, go to classes etc.

But I'm wondering if there's anything specific for this please?

I'm trying to drink loads of water, stopped alcohol. Moisturise daily. (This is done with the intention of creating/preserving good skin integrity)

Anything else?

OP's posts:
Please
or

paranountain · 02/05/2018 07:49

Hopeful bump for morning crowd Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

SamanthaBrique · 02/05/2018 07:51

Alas I don't think exercise will reduce it - I think surgery is probably the best option.

Please
or

paranountain · 02/05/2018 15:35

Bugger Sad

OP's posts:
Please
or

theyoniwayisnorthwards · 02/05/2018 15:41

If the overhang is mostly due to fat you could try coolsculpting, I haven’t tried it but my surgeon told me it’s one of the few non-surgical treatments that actually works and is worth the cost. If the overhang is skin nothing will shift it but surgery. I had a tummy tuck 7 weeks ago after deliberating for years, bloody hard to recover from but delighted with my result and wish i’d done it sooner.

Please
or

StuntNun · 02/05/2018 15:53

I think a combination of lowering body fat percentage to around 20% or below and exercise to strengthen the core muscles is your best bet. There's no guarantee it would be totally effective but it would give you the best possible appearance to the area without surgery.

Please
or

ExploryRory · 02/05/2018 15:56

I’m going for coolsculpting next week for this reason. I also exercise every day. If that doesn’t improve it then I’ll have to get saving!

Please
or

paranountain · 02/05/2018 17:53

Never heard of cool sculpting. Off to google...

OP's posts:
Please
or

paranountain · 02/05/2018 18:01

Looks amazing. But expensive Sad

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?