Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

30 Day Shred

athingthateveryoneneeds · 28/03/2018 16:25

Has anyone completed this? Just did day 1 today, though the toddler kept getting in the way. Hmm

Just wondered how realistic it is to think I can look like those ladies in 29 more days. Wink

OP's posts:
Please
or

confusion39 · 28/03/2018 16:37

Hi, I started it late last year.
I really got into it, didn't realise I'd done all sessions when I should have started on one!
However it was good and worked..then I got back.winter came and I hid under jumpers and gave up. I need to start again really!

Please
or

athingthateveryoneneeds · 28/03/2018 16:44

I bet it worked if.yiu were doing all the sessions in one go! :)

I do like how fast paced it is. Less chance for me to get bored.

OP's posts:
Please
or

thenewaveragebear1983 · 28/03/2018 18:56

I’ve been doing it as my rest day from running (on a big health kick/ skinny for summer plan at the moment)- I must have done level 1 3 times and level 2 three times as well- today I noticed little biceps appearing on my arms, plus I have noticeable definition appearing on my stomach. Not exactly ripped, plus my fat hides a lot of my definition, but I would say it’s making a small but noticeable difference. If you did it every day for 30 days plus followed her diet plan I reckon you’d notice.

Please
or

SconNotScone · 28/03/2018 21:02

I did it last year, and definitely changed my body shape! I was more lean and defined, although there was still some work to be done! Keep at it, I do think it is worth it, although I found it did get boring after a while.

Please
or

76mum · 09/04/2018 19:05

I've just finished it - I'm overweight by about 3 to 4 stone but although I've only lost 6lbs I have def shrunk my waist. - dress I couldn't do up before now zips up properly

Please
or

RubySlippers77 · 09/04/2018 23:13

I love the Shred - when mine were babies I'd stick them in their jumperoos and go for it - now they're older and under my feet I can only do a 10 minute workout before they play up Sad Jillian is very motivating though and I liked the 'back to basics' approach, no fancy gym equipment needed. Definitely helps with no toddlers around unfortunately, I don't notice her getting clonked on the head with a Thomas the Tank Engine when she lies down to do sit ups...

Please
or

bettyboop1000 · 16/04/2018 07:01

I need to lose 6.5st and managed about 8 minutes but had to stop because the sides of my feet were hurting and felt like they were on fire. Is this normal?

Please
or

TheWomanTheyCallJayne · 11/05/2018 11:08

Are you still doing it?
I started three weeks ago but only manage to do it three times a week. I’m looking to get fitter and more toned rather than worried about weight.

Please
or

ChocAuVin · 12/05/2018 09:25

I did the Shred right through a few years ago and in combination with following a paleo-style way of eating (lots of protein, veggies and fruit; no refined sugar, gluten, dairy or grains) I spent a year in the best shape of my life! Then Christmas came, then some bereavements and... the taking good care of myself stopped and I never quite felt ready to pick it all back up in the same way.

Somehow with a holiday in the sun booked at next half term, I have ‘accidentally’ found myself doing the shred again and while I’m only loosely following paleo principles this time, I am sticking to the No S way of eating. I’m (counts on fingers) 23 days into the shred (now on Level 3) + No S diet and really starting to feel fitter, stronger and more hopeful again. I have a fancy corporate dinner next week which would have previously given me angst about what to wear but for the first time in a few years I am looking forward to choosing an outfit. Thanks Saint Jillian genuflects

Sorry for the essay - I guess I’m just basically saying it works best in conjunction with sensible eating and yes, it can really yield results Smile

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.