Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Where's good to buy running clothes

Hookedoncatnip · 21/11/2017 09:59

What the title says really but the key point is where to buy running clothes for the ordinary shaped woman? I am 5ft 1 and a size 12/14 so I'm no Kate Hudson Grin

I am thinking about giving this as an idea for my DH to buy me for Christmas. Although I'll see how he reacts as it may send him into a panic!

OP's posts:
Please
or

emummy · 21/11/2017 10:46

I get a lot from sportsshoes.com as they do discounts on good brands. My favourite brand is Ronhill but there are loads of others.

Please
or

carrie74 · 21/11/2017 12:15

I get lots from Gap as I like the fun styles, they have great discounts, so very affordable and on the whole, excellent quality.

Sweaty Betty has never disappointed me either, other than ridiculous pricing.

Have had mixed results with Nike, so I avoid now.

Ronhill has brilliant technical stuff but I find a bit dull style-wise.

TK maxx can occasionally provide a gem.

Please
or

annaharvey · 21/11/2017 20:25

Try in Wiggle or Sweatshop. They seem to have good collection of cloths and accessories for running.

Please
or

PickleSarnie · 21/11/2017 21:40

If I'm feeling flush - sweaty betty. Their zero gravity leggings are awesome but the price makes me want to weep.

If I'm not feeling flush then wiggle. Although I never got a bag of haribos with my last order so I'm sulking slightly now.

Please
or

goinggetstough · 21/11/2017 21:52

I definitely second Wiggle. They have a variety of makes and price ranges and even their basic range Dhb is good quality. And the plus from Wiggle as a previous poster mentioned is that they enclose a small pack of Haribo in every order!

Please
or

thisgirlrides · 21/11/2017 23:18

M&s have a good range and I love their leggings (although to be fair mine are about 5 years old Grin)

Please
or

Helena17 · 21/11/2017 23:34

Sportshoes, or wiggle. Definitely lots to choose from!

Please
or

Cracklesfire · 21/11/2017 23:40

Sweaty Betty if I can get a 20% off code. They seem to have got ridiculously expensive recently though. ASOS had some lovely reebok leggings & jumpers I was tempted to try.

Please
or

JessieMcJessie · 21/11/2017 23:46

Wiggle, all the way. Plenty of big sizes, I bought a long sleeved top from there the other day, am a generous size 14 and it’s too big. Mountain Warehouse also have some cheap and cheerful stuff.
And Decathlon is always good value, as well as the She Runs bit inside Sports Direct.

Please
or

Waytroze · 21/11/2017 23:52

Sturdy by design do great leggings. They have a pocket, drawstring and high waistband so stay up beautifully. They've just reintroduced a short length if that would be helpful for you (plus a tall cut too for anyone else interested!)

They do sizes 6-22, so you're well within their range.

Please
or

Chickenagain · 22/11/2017 08:44

Can I throw Decathlon & Primark into the mix? If you are running for weight loss, then splurging on expensive stuff may be unsensible....

Please
or

givemushypeasachance · 22/11/2017 13:24

Seconding/thirding Decathlon. I'm only recently getting in to running in the outside world and I ordered a pair of Run Dry+ Tights recently. They're fab because the side pocket is big enough for my phone, while I can stick keys in the small waistband pocket, all sorted without needing to wear any accessories-carrying stuff. Drawstring keeps them snuggly in place too.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.