Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Running buggies

ladyrosy · 11/09/2015 17:41

I am an experienced runner, looking to get a buggy/pram that I can run with.

I have a 4.5 month old, and I can get out for one run at the weekend but I want moooooore!

Can anyone recommend a good running buggy? Or even tell me what you found bad about a running buggy. I don't quite know what to look for.

Tips on picking one up for less than a feckton of cash would be useful too. I don't have a set budget, but a larger spend would have to be worth it for features/quality etc.

Ta!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jw35 · 11/09/2015 17:44

The out and about nipper is a running buggy. I don't run myself but I have one and it's excellent, really light to push, turns easy and lies completely flat for a newborn. Bet it's what you're looking for!

Please
or

NewBallsPlease00 · 11/09/2015 17:49

What's your budget?
Top whack bugaboo have just launched a specific running attachment
Baby jogger also do options
Nipper ok

Please
or

pootlebug · 11/09/2015 19:36

Friend who is a sub 3.15 marathon runner / sub 1.30 half-M runner ran with an out n about nipper. She thought it did the job fine. I am not nearly such a good runner but was happy enough with the same.

Please
or

ladyrosy · 12/09/2015 09:53

Thanks for the help. Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

gincamelbak · 30/09/2015 11:39

Make sure you can lock the front wheel straight when you are running, otherwise the buggy can get out of control!

I bought a Babytrend expedition 3 wheel running buggy on ebay. They don'tsell them Iin the shops or online in theuUKany more (or wweren'twhen I was looking 4 months ago). Got Iit for under £100 but there are always some on ebay so can be bought cheaper (sob. Bidding frenzy.)

It's great, the handle bar is quite high so my posture is good.

Also get a wrist strap, eessential for when you are going ddownhill and thebuggy Iis going fast!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.