Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Post covid fatigue (7 weeks and counting)

38 replies

coffeeforme1 · 30/10/2022 13:04

Hi everyone
I’m curious to know if anyone is still wiped out with fatigue 7 weeks (or around there) after testing positive for COVID?
I’m 33 normally really healthy/fit and feel horrendous.
Any input much appreciated!!

OP posts:
Please
or

Weirdwonders · 30/10/2022 13:16

I’m only entering week 4 and absolutely shattered! I’ve had to go back to bed today, I can barely stand up and just want to sleep. I’m sick of feeling so up and down. I just want to feel normal again!

Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 30/10/2022 13:19

I haven’t have LC from Covid, but l think I’ve had Long Covid vaccine syndrome twice

I found accupuncture really helpful. I went yesterday for the first time in this bout. The muzziness and weakness is 50% better than yesterday.

Please
or

coffeeforme1 · 30/10/2022 13:22

interesting about acupuncture. If this carries on I will have to try everything.
I’m self employed with a 2 year old and everything is a struggle.
I’m swallowing just about every supplement I’ve read that helps I must rattle when I walk!

OP posts:
Please
or

Furcoatandnoknickerz · 30/10/2022 15:24

Hi I’m with you!
Although I am / was a fit and healthy 61 year old. I’m now feeling so done in I fear I may never feel normal and well again.
I caught Covid end of last month, it hit me like a train, tested positive for 12 days. I wondered how I can be negative and feel so ill.
Now six weeks in , fatigue is still horrendous, managing to do one task ie shower, put washing out and then I have to rest for a couple of hours, heart rate goes up. I have lots of pressure in my head and ears , tinnitus in my ears is horrendous, dizzy most of the time.
Been Drs, having a full blood test, checked all my stats which are ok, waiting to get ears micro suctioned. Some days I feel better than others which temporarily lifts my spirits then followed by several crap days.
Can no longer plan anything, not driving coz of dizziness, not well enough to work, keep getting signed off. But my concentration is terrible with brain fog.
Nurse said be prepared to feel bad for 12 weeks, if longer then it’s classed as long Covid.
I hope you soon feel back to some kind of normality.

Please
or

coffeeforme1 · 30/10/2022 16:02

Thankyou for replying.
it makes you feel less like you’re going mad that other people have had this experience.

OP posts:
Please
or

EnEspana · 30/10/2022 17:14

I’ve come here today to check for threads on this (so thank you 😊)
My husband and I picked up covid 3 weeks ago and after a period of recovery we both keep relapsing every 3 or 4 days and feel shocking again.
I felt OK yesterday and today feel like I’m coming down with chills again
this has happened about 3 times now
Its really getting us down 🥺

Please
or

Mombie · 30/10/2022 17:25

I think I had covid 8 weeks ago. I was really ill and now I’m permanent exhausted. My legs feel heavy and painful and I’m so out of breath and knackered. I can only manage 1 thing at a time and I feel like I have aged loads in these past few weeks. I don’t feel like I will ever be the same again. If this is long covid, please can someone tell me it gets better.

Please
or

MissisBoote · 30/10/2022 17:31

As someone who developed me/CFS after a virus, the most important thing that you need to do is rest as much as possible. Put all non essentials on the back burner, cheat wherever possible with ready meals etc. Shower every other day. Call in favours wherever you can.

The more you rest now the better chance you have of recovering. When you have those glimpses of feeling a little bit better then don't feel tempted to do stuff. You need to bank that energy to help recover, so keep resting.

Please
or

Lcb123 · 30/10/2022 17:31

Yes - try 18 months of after effects. Still feeling it now to a lesser extent (after having covid in March 2020!)

Please
or

whydoesitalwayshappentome · 30/10/2022 17:35

I am almost five weeks past initial covid infection. I was positive for 12 days. I have had a chest infection, brain fog, achey muscles, ear ache, croaky voice, headache and I am very breathless still. (I keep interchanging between all of these symptoms but the breathlessness is constant).I used to hurtle about all over the place and now it is a struggle. Walked to the shops earlier but had to hold my husband's arm as I could not manage.

I am not happy and want it to go away.

Please
or

Mylittlesandwich · 30/10/2022 17:38

I had covid about 2.5 weeks ago. Got off really lightly symptom wise. But I'm so blooming tired. I could have a nap every day if I had the time and I never had issues with energy before. Hoping it doesn't hang around too long.

Please
or

coffeeforme1 · 30/10/2022 17:58

Wow ok, it appears this is more prevalent than i realised pre infection. People keep saying to me you should go to the doctor, but what on earth are they going to do!? I’ve had full blood count with iron panel/b12 thyroid etc - nothing flagging.

OP posts:
Please
or

Furcoatandnoknickerz · 30/10/2022 18:13

@coffeeforme1 I too didn’t realise how debilitating the after effects of Covid can be on some people, regardless of age and fitness.
I walked up Snowdon in the summer, half way up Ben Nevis last summer, now I’m lucky to get 200 yards down the road 😢😢😢
I keep trying to explain to my supervisor how I feel, I’m pretty sure she doesn’t believe a word which adds to the stress.
You’re right, if there’s no other underlying condition there’s nothing the Drs can do. As it’s all quite new we’ll all just be left to try and rest and get through life the best we can.
It’s all very sad.

Please
or

Furcoatandnoknickerz · 30/10/2022 18:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or

Hiheyho · 30/10/2022 18:41

Ask for testing your iron levels, this ess was the reason for my fatigue as my ferritin was almost nonexistent

Please
or

LeMoo · 30/10/2022 18:43

Interesting article on the mail website today - apparently there's some evidence to show a daily otc anti histamine can help with the fatigue!

Please
or

coffeeforme1 · 30/10/2022 18:47

Really? Will have a look. Thank you.

OP posts:
Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 30/10/2022 19:31

Certirizine is the one.

Please
or

coffeeforme1 · 30/10/2022 19:40

Have you tried this @ArseInTheCoOpWindow ??

OP posts:
Please
or

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 30/10/2022 19:42

No, I’ve read about it. It has to hit certain receptors, and Cetirizine is one of the right tablets. I think it had to be in quite high doses.

Famotidine (antacid) hits the other receptor. But needs prescribing.

Please
or

coffeeforme1 · 30/10/2022 19:43

Oh ok thanks. I was hoping that was going to be a straightforward solution 😂

OP posts:
Please
or

FrownedUpon · 30/10/2022 19:45

Try 8 months and counting. It’s awful.

Please
or

sadiesara · 30/10/2022 19:47

My teen DD has had all these symptoms for 3 weeks - fatigue, vertigo, headaches, brain fog, weak/tingly limbs, but we aren't aware of her having had Covid recently. She hadn't been Covid testing but wasn't ill with any of the classic symptoms. Had full bloods done and found nothing so GP thought it might be post-viral. No idea what else it could be.

Please
or

coffeeforme1 · 30/10/2022 19:47

@FrownedUpon oh god. No improvement at all?

OP posts:
Please
or

coffeeforme1 · 30/10/2022 19:49

@sadiesara sounds exactly how I have felt. I feel for her it’s brutal. (And wild that a teenager can feel as bad). I’ve been harping on about how I’m only 33 😂

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?