Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Covid

Post covid fatigue (7 weeks and counting)

38 replies

coffeeforme1 · 30/10/2022 13:04

Hi everyone
I’m curious to know if anyone is still wiped out with fatigue 7 weeks (or around there) after testing positive for COVID?
I’m 33 normally really healthy/fit and feel horrendous.
Any input much appreciated!!

OP posts:
Please
or

sadiesara · 30/10/2022 19:57

@coffeeforme1 How bad were your covid symptoms when you tested positive? Seems like people with mild illness can still get hit pretty bad with post Covid fatigue.

Please
or

coffeeforme1 · 30/10/2022 19:59

I would say moderate. But I didn’t feel the sheer exhaustion that I’m sometimes feeling now when I was testing positive. It really is very odd how it goes through multiple phases.

OP posts:
Please
or

Musicalmistress · 30/10/2022 20:06

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 30/10/2022 19:31

Certirizine is the one.

Interesting! I've started taking cetirizine for another issue but can't say I've noticed any impact on the ongoing fatigue.
I'm 9 months post infection & still unable to work full time.

Please
or

Musicalmistress · 30/10/2022 20:08

sadiesara · 30/10/2022 19:57

@coffeeforme1 How bad were your covid symptoms when you tested positive? Seems like people with mild illness can still get hit pretty bad with post Covid fatigue.

I was fairly mildly ill when I tested positive in January, cross between a bad cold & mild flu but with unbelievable fatigue. The problem is that it's never really got any better ☹️

Please
or

Furcoatandnoknickerz · 30/10/2022 20:13

I have taken anti histamines everyday for the last 15 years! Currently on top dose of Fexofenidine. Done nothing for me !

Please
or

Jules912 · 30/10/2022 20:14

ArseInTheCoOpWindow · 30/10/2022 19:31

Certirizine is the one.

Damn it, that's one of the ones that makes me drowsy.

Please
or

sadiesara · 30/10/2022 20:17

@coffeeforme1 @Musicalmistress That's awful. I'm just curious how it works for others because we're not even aware of DD having had Covid. She just went straight to the Post-covid symptoms. Do people find that lateral flow tests are still accurate for the most part?

Please
or

shinynewapple22 · 30/10/2022 20:47

I am still feeling fatigued - 10 weeks after I first had Covid . Not as bad as others are describing though. I didn't have bad symptoms at the time - although was testing positive for ages. Just seems to be hanging around.

Please
or

Aroloruns · 30/10/2022 21:00

Not fatigue but breathlessness and tight chest still. Gradually getting better. Around 12 weeks I started to really improve. At 14 now, most people say 16 weeks. Bloods all normal and chest x ray clear. Been referred to the LC covid clinic but judging by the leaflet they sent me, can't see they'd be much help. Look for the little positives every day but you are very early days sadly.

Please
or

Useyourfork · 30/10/2022 21:22

www.science.org/content/article/what-causes-long-covid-three-leading-theories

Just thought I would share this in case anyone found it interesting 🌺

Please
or

Useyourfork · 30/10/2022 21:32

www.healthrising.org/blog/2022/09/09/ischemia-reperfusion-treatment-long-covid-chronic-fatigue-fibromyalgia/

A comprehensive article with quite a bit about treatments at the end.

Please
or

dizzydizzydizzy · 30/10/2022 22:18

I has covid in February. Still very fatigued and have been diagnosed with CFS/ME.

Hope you feel better soon.

Please
or

MissisBoote · 27/11/2022 10:03

dizzydizzydizzy · 30/10/2022 22:18

I has covid in February. Still very fatigued and have been diagnosed with CFS/ME.

Hope you feel better soon.

Have you seen the Decode ME study?
They're looking for participants who have been diagnosed with me/CFS following covid.
www.decodeme.org.uk/

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

We're all short on time

Log in or sign up to use the 'See Next' or 'See all' posts by the OP (Original Poster) and cut straight to the action.

Already signed up?

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?