Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Where do you get LFT from now?

63 replies

Sw1ft · 05/07/2022 06:24

?

OP posts:
Please
or

letsgetbackto2019 · 05/07/2022 06:25

I found them in Superdrug a couple of weeks ago

Please
or

Bert2020 · 05/07/2022 06:30

Boots have them also so presumably a lot of pharmacies will also.

Please
or

Tibtab · 05/07/2022 06:32

Tesco

Please
or

IbizaToTheNorfolkBroads · 05/07/2022 06:35

Tesco, Lloyds Pharmacies, Well Pharmacies

Please
or

Sw1ft · 05/07/2022 06:50

Anywhere online?

OP posts:
Please
or

Sw1ft · 05/07/2022 06:52

And where are the cheapest? Quite £££ when you have a family and need to keep doing it.

OP posts:
Please
or

LaFloristaCalista · 05/07/2022 06:54

Why do you need to keep doing it? I got a box from Boots recently

Please
or

Watapalava · 05/07/2022 06:54

You don’t need to keep doing it- that’s the point! It specifically says not to test in England

Please
or

GlassTable · 05/07/2022 07:01

I order them from a website called medisave. Depending how many you buy it can work out at £1 per test. You have to pay for delivery on top.

Please
or

LittleDoveLove · 05/07/2022 07:06

Pharmacy's have them - you should be able to get a pack of one or a pack of five. Our local one had them which independent so I would imagine larger ones and chains also will.

Please
or

Icequeen01 · 05/07/2022 07:08

You don’t need to keep doing it- that’s the point! It specifically says not to test in England

I don't give a damn what "they" say about testing. I work in a tiny residential SEN school. Who looks after the kids if all the staff are ill? I am currently testing daily as my DH has Covid and I don't want it to take it into school.

Please
or

Overthebow · 05/07/2022 07:09

No idea, we don’t test anymore as not going to pay every time we get a cold.

Please
or

shortandpaleandoldandugly · 05/07/2022 07:11

Do the school not have any left over? In the circumstances they might be able to help.

Please
or

Prezperez · 05/07/2022 07:12

Icequeen01 · 05/07/2022 07:08

I don't give a damn what "they" say about testing. I work in a tiny residential SEN school. Who looks after the kids if all the staff are ill? I am currently testing daily as my DH has Covid and I don't want it to take it into school.

Just a word of warning… I got Covid one Thursday (can pin point when I got it). Developed symptoms on the Saturday evening. Didn’t test positive (daily testing) until the Tuesday….

Please
or

SloppyHousekeeper · 05/07/2022 07:13

I have to test for my work and have just had to stay home for 10 days because I was testing positive. I would much rather be like the rest of my family who don't test and only stay home if they are not well. Do you need to test?

Please
or

Spacerader · 05/07/2022 07:14

I was in home bargains the other day and seen a pack of two tests for something like £1:79

Please
or

Mykittensmittens · 05/07/2022 07:15

I’ve used medisave for much the same reasons. DS has it currently but I make much needed visits to my grandfather with dementia in his care home, and call in to my grandmother who is still at home, to one or other on a pretty much daily basis. It was be absolutely remiss of me not to test, so medisave it is.
I got 20 tests including postage for £40.

Please
or

Mykittensmittens · 05/07/2022 07:19

Spacerader · 05/07/2022 07:14

I was in home bargains the other day and seen a pack of two tests for something like £1:79

B&M are £1.99 for one test. Was home bargains def for 2? If so I may call into ours as that’s cheaper than the cheapest online I could find which is £1.62 per test plus postage.

Please
or

BruceAndNosh · 05/07/2022 07:20

I understand we don't HAVE to test but where have we been told NOT to?

I personally didn't want to expose a plane load of people to covid when I had symptoms

Please
or

Icequeen01 · 05/07/2022 07:22

@Prezperez - Yes we have had this happen twice at school with LFTs picking it up late and had 16 out of 18 staff go down with it. We had to shut the school and the kids had to stay at the residential home but then it got into the home as well as the residential staff started to become ill. Bloody nightmare.

At the end of the day we can only do so much but at least we try and all this bloody patronising why are you still testing really annoys me. We had someone catch Covid over the last school holidays and because he tested before he came back he was able to stay off for a few more days to make sure he was clear.

Please
or

TenoringBehind · 05/07/2022 07:33

my local Boots has a huge display near the tills.

you can buy online directly from Flowflex but they charge £6 for postage

Please
or

comfortablyfrumpy · 05/07/2022 07:39

Lloyd's online do flowflex (nose only) ones with free postage .

Please
or

averythinline · 05/07/2022 07:42

Lloyd's pharmacy only pack of 10 worked out 1.79 a test....

Please
or

Sooverthisnow · 05/07/2022 08:08

Why are people still testing? The recommendation is to treat it like a viral infection and stay at home if you’re unwell. Testing is only for certain circumstances.
We have no tests left anyway and I’m not paying out for more.
I do know people, however, who are ordering the free ones by lying about why they need them. It’s become an obsession now.
The symptoms are like flu/a bad cold now. Just be sensible.

Please
or

Icequeen01 · 05/07/2022 08:13

Sooverthisnow · 05/07/2022 08:08

Why are people still testing? The recommendation is to treat it like a viral infection and stay at home if you’re unwell. Testing is only for certain circumstances.
We have no tests left anyway and I’m not paying out for more.
I do know people, however, who are ordering the free ones by lying about why they need them. It’s become an obsession now.
The symptoms are like flu/a bad cold now. Just be sensible.

Oh dear God alive. Please see my post below and stop patronising those of us who have to test to look after others!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?