We're looking for a name for a baby girl and I like names that are unisex or can be shortened to a unisex name. I would like for them to be able to sign an email with no one knowing their gender. I do like classic names but not too pretentious or rare.
There are two catches. One is, we live in Germany and I would like to have a baby name that can be pronounced in German and in English.
Secondly, I don't like it when nicknames are the given name. E.g. I wouldn't ever christen my child Lilibet because it's a nickname for Elizabeth, so she should be christened Elizabeth, and then can be called Lilibet anyway.
We have thought of
- Charlotte (Charlie) (a bit pretentious but front runner)
- Alexis (Sasha) (exists in close family ATM though)
- Robin (a bit modern)
- Jamie (I really like this name but it does not really work in German)
- Samantha (Sam) (reminds me of SATC)
- Josephine (Joe) (super old fashioned)
- Jacqueline (Jack) (a relative we dislike has this name)
Any other ideas?