Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Whoever is awake please talk me down, so angry right now!

SENmummy73848 · 05/12/2021 00:58

Was on the phone to ex disagreeing over some contact arrangements this weekend - his partner chimes in and starts going full blown saying that she is going to take my daughter away from me, and do a better job of raising her because I’m a shit mother.

Firstly - my ex is a part time parent at best, I single handedly raise my autistic child on my own with very little help or support whilst having health issues of my own.

Secondly - she’s met my child twice and has nothing to do with her.

Thirdly - she’s never watched me parent my child, so is one to talk about me apparently being so shit.

I am so angry, especially because I’ve had a difficult start to parenthood (lost my first baby through stillbirth, had an incredibly stressful pregnancy with DD and couldn’t bond with her for the first 2 years because I was scared of losing her too) and for anyone to use my daughter against me like a weapon like that is hurtful but to hear it from her especially touched a nerve.

I can’t sleep because I am so pissed off it keeps just running round my head

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bashfulinseduary · 05/12/2021 03:13

Ignore it completely. Make your new mantra.....
"Don't wrestle with a pig. You'll get dirty, and the pig likes it."
Roll this silently round your head. Hope it helps you cope like it's helped me x

Please
or

PrincessNutella · 05/12/2021 03:27

You have nothing to prove to this stranger. It unfortunately may be useful to document this abusive behavior. But I hope it doesn't hurt your feelings any more than if a character in a movie said those words. What the fuck does that mad cow know?

Please
or

Codswallopcurry · 05/12/2021 04:12

I am not surprised at all that you are upset. The GF sounds like a real POW, but it's more about her than it is you. Speak to him when she isnt around and tell him straight how hurtful it was. Anyway, she cant do what she threatens, so you can sneer at her pathetic claims. I hope you've calmed a bit, but dont blame you. X

Please
or

SENmummy73848 · 05/12/2021 13:10

Thank you everyone for your replies - I have calmed down now and thinking more rationally!

With ex, long history of abuse there between us, and he said that she done nothing wrong and he agrees with her apparently, she then went on to threaten to snap me in two, remove my daughter from my care and they both threatened to fuck me up… so I have reported them both to 101 service and applied for a child contact order this morning (which has been a long time coming anyway!) x

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.