I posted in another topic and didn't feel as though I gave a thorough overview of the situation and felt from some of the comments being left perhaps it would be more suited to this topic
Overall summary :
-Me my husband and 2year old live in Peterborough.
-due to covid our work stream has been affected and my husband has miraculously got a job in Nottingham at a really big stable company that also happens to be his dream job
- he will be working from home for the foreseeable but there might be a time in the future that he is called back in
- my work is luckily flexible and I can continue working from home as I am no longer needed in the office at all. This has been confirmed.
- we have decided after much debate that relocating to Nottingham sooner rather than later is the best thing for us as a family - he will be close to work which means we won't need to buy a second car , my 2 year old can settle into preschool and school meaning we won't need to uproot her from school if we delayed and moved years down the line and we are only an hour away from home by train or just a little longer by car .
My mum is devastated at the prospect of us leaving . To give some context
- I am an only child as is my mum. My only family is my mum and my 90year old grandmother who are both in Peterborough
- I have been doing my grandmothers cleaning and shopping for her because my mum works full time and I only work part time around my 2 year old
- my mum doesn't like driving distance , so won't be comfortable to drive the hour to Nottingham but she will get the train
- my grandmothers caring responsibilities will all lie on my mum because I won't be able to share the load being further away , and this makes me feel guilty beyond words
Please be kind. There is only so many words I can use to explain my situation and I don't want anyone to read between the lines or assume stuff I haven't mentioned . I would just like to know what people's thoughts are. I feel like I am being so selfish to leave my mum behind. It feels like I am being disloyal to her and betraying her. We are close and she is my friend. But at the same time I am trying to think what is best for my husband and little girl
I would obviously visit home as often as I could and we would get a place where my mum could stop over for weekends so we would make a lot of effort to keep regular contact
AIBU to continue with the move? Who should I prioritise?