Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Help me find a dressing gown for DH

19 replies

Cindbelly · 31/07/2017 21:53

Blatant post for traffic...

It's DHs birthday in a few weeks, I am stuck for what to buy him aaargh!

He likes football, Star Wars, Xbox... he's much more of a catch then he sounds like by that list!

He needs a new dressing gown. His current one is threadbare but he refuses to throw it as he loves it. I'd like to replace it, it's made of a material that's like towels. I've tried looking online but I can't find one like it.

Can anyone help me find a replacement? Or a different idea for a present?

It's a significant birthday so I'd like to get him something special

----

This thread is old now so some of the suggestions may be outdated, but we’ve recently refreshed our best men’s dressing gown page with loads of toasty Mumsnetter-approved options, including towelling robes. We hope you find it useful.
MNHQ Flowers

OP posts:
neverhadanymarblestolose · 31/07/2017 22:15

TK Maxx had a good selection of toweling dressing gowns when I was looking at Christmas for my husband.

Janeinthemiddle · 31/07/2017 23:10

Like this?

Help me find a dressing gown for DH
namechange20050 · 31/07/2017 23:15

White company

Leeds2 · 31/07/2017 23:18

Go to the on line Club shop of his team. Won't necessarily be of the best quality, but he will probably like it!

Anban · 31/07/2017 23:18

My dh gas two robes, a bath robe from JL, HOF or Debenhams and a Sith dressing gown.

thekillers · 31/07/2017 23:27

Lets reverse this

My DH bought me a novelty dressing gown for my birthday (or indeed any dressing gown)

Mumsnet reply. LTB

It is a utility item- not suitable for a birthday gift- unless you would be over the moon with a hoover or a pair of m and s basic multipack pants- in which case go ahead.

thekillers · 31/07/2017 23:31

Re-thought this.

If you would be happy with mini mouse knickers for a significant birthday then buy him a novelty dressing gown.

user1471548375 · 31/07/2017 23:36

I'm of the opposite opinion to some previous posters. I love a dressing gown and am always thrilled with a new one.

I have multiple (including a jedi robe one, fleecy with a hood and goes down to my feet). M&S has a good range too.

Whoever said they are a pure utility item, I disagree. Putting my dressing gown on after work brings me joy.

halfbuffy · 31/07/2017 23:41

If you're thinking of other presents too a fancy Bluetooth speaker might be a good one? I've got one for my DP for his birthday in a few days because he likes to play our 8 week old DS and dance about with her...but it's a handy thing for the kitchen or you can take it on days out to play quietly if you're having a picnic or something?

Jawbone do a big version (that's about £200) or the mini version which is about £50, you can get them on amazon! I got one off ASOS in the end which was reasonably priced (and goes with the kitchen):

www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=7689163

halfbuffy · 31/07/2017 23:42

Sorry I meant DD...I'm not even that tired!!

HeddaGarbled · 31/07/2017 23:44

He doesn't want a new dressing gown. He likes the one he's got. You want him to have a new dressing gown. That is not the right present for a significant birthday, or indeed ever.

I would strongly, strongly advise you to ask him what he wants for his main present and get him exactly what he asks for and then a couple of extra treats that you know he will like but wouldn't often buy for himself as it's too expensive e.g. expensive drink or food.

Cindbelly · 01/08/2017 07:36

Thanks everyone.

Grin see I would be less than impressed with a new dressing gown, but the reason he loves it so much is the material and I know he would be happy to have a new one. Definitely not a novelty one though Grin

He doesn't really like 'stuff' if that makes sense, and I'm throwing him a big party so he will probably get lots of random football bits etc.

I've got him a signed football programme and some aftershave from the DC to open.

We already own a Bluetooth speaker. But a gadget isn't a bad idea... aargh why is this so hard?

OP posts:
sharklovers · 01/08/2017 08:43

Some really nice ones here, we've all got them:

www.bathrobe.co.uk/

kissmethere · 01/08/2017 09:23

We always get ours from Peter Jones. Their towelling ones are great quality and last ages. Like having a big towel on.

JungleInTheRumble · 01/08/2017 09:28

I bought my DP a nice towelling dressing gown from John Lewis for Christmas one year and he loved it.

DreamingofItaly · 01/08/2017 12:27

DP has this one. He bought it for himself and absolutely loves it. I'm a bit Hmm about it, but hey. He's happy.
Adults Groovy Official Assassin's Creed Black Bathrobe New Fleece Dressing Gown https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01H553MMA/ref=cmswwrcppapi_qvgGzb4WK5SYF

MummySparkle · 01/08/2017 12:28

Fat face and white stuff do lovely dressing gowns. I'd be happy for a dressing gown for my birthday!

19lottie82 · 01/08/2017 12:38

sharklovers £300 for a dressing gown???? Mwah ha ha ha ha ha! ShockGrin

sharklovers · 02/08/2017 08:39

lottie they're expensive but lovely. Very high quality and make a great present. Mines 8 years old now but you'd never know it.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.