I'd like some perspective on my situation.
I'm a student, home for the summer. My parents split 2 years ago and I live with my dad as my mum and I don't get on (she was emotionally abusive throughout my childhood). I have a younger sister with special needs. My Dad has a DP, she doesn't live here but stays a few nights a week when her kids (7&9) are at their dad's. Since I've been back, she's made it very clear she resents my presence entirely! Some examples:
- I am apparently taking the piss because I don't pay rent when at home, despite being in full time education. I do contribute by looking after the house...
- ... which of course isn't enough. I do all laundry (including hers), ironing, cook 3-4 times a week, food shopping, generally cleaning and tidying.
- I get a monthly allowance as agreed by my mum and dad, this as been in place since I've been at uni (before she was even around). I also have a part time job which funds my social life etc, but I shouldn't get anything at all apparently.
- I am to make myself completely scarce when she and my dad are here - fair enough, but even if i just stay in my room I am 'ruining the mood'.
- She sulks whenever we do anything as a family (e.g. going for a meal). She clearly wants it to just be her, my dad and her kids! (Who I am also expected to babysit for free so she can go on the piss).
I could go on, but those are the main ones. I'm not a wild teenager by any means - if I ever go clubbing I stay at a friend's, so no coming in late. I always text my dad to say where I am and when I'll be back - he's fine with that. My dad is great, but it's anything for a quiet life with him.