Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To not leave EBay feedback

42 replies

LadyBitterSparkles · 19/07/2017 12:59

I bought something on EBay and the same day it arrived (on Saturday) the seller messaged me asking to leave feedback.

Due to being really busy with end of term stuff I've not had a chance to properly check the item over or leave feedback yet.

Today the seller messages me again in quite a rude tone complaining that they'd messaged me a week ago asking me to leave feedback (not true, it was only on Saturday), and could I please do it.

If they had been polite about it I wouldn't mind and would leave the feedback when I got a chance, but they've actually been quite rude and demanding, and now I'm tempted not to leave any at all.

AIBU?

OP posts:
LadyBitterSparkles · 19/07/2017 13:03

Here's the email
Did you get my e-mail I sent you about a week ago? I wanted to know if you didn't mind leaving me "Feedback" for the butterfly - as I posted it promptly & packaged well. If you could spare a few seconds to do this for me that would be much appreciated! If you go to your "Purchase History Page" on the right-hand side there is a "Feedback Button" to leave "Feedback". I think this helps both buyer and seller alike and it is important to me as this will get noted on my E-Bay Site. I would be very disappointed if you don't wish to do this for me.

I probably am BU but it just feels really passive aggressive. I know feedback is important and I always leave it, when I get a chance! I've just been really busy and as it's an item which could have defects I want to have time to properly check it.

OP posts:
ChasedByBees · 19/07/2017 13:05

I think I'd write back to her when you have a spare moment to let her know if she hassles customers like this, she could end up getting bad feedback.

You have no obligation beyond sending the money for the item you purchase.

Sunshinegirls · 19/07/2017 13:06

Leave feedback saying item arrived promptly and as described but seller hassled me via email for a review which tainted an otherwise very satisfactory buying experience.

IAmTheWorwax · 19/07/2017 13:06

I'd just leave the feedback tbh. It obviously means a lot to them.

Clandestino · 19/07/2017 13:06

You're AIBU because the ebay sellers depend on the feedback of their customers for their ratings and future sales.
You're NBU because they should be more polite about it. However, why don't you simply write a short email saying you didn't have a chance to provide a feedback and you will do it on your own time.

LloydColeandhisCoconuts · 19/07/2017 13:07

I don't think you're being U but maybe the seller is fairly new and needs that support to get business of the ground. Seems a bit impatient on their part though. I'd leave the feedback though in a few days Grin

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface · 19/07/2017 13:07

I'd leave negative. She's annoying.

Still feedback, innit?
Wink

NoNeedToArgue · 19/07/2017 13:10

I can't really see where she's being impolite. Yes, you feel hassled by it... Just leave the feedback, it would definitely have taken less time than starting this thread!!

NoNeedToArgue · 19/07/2017 13:11

Just re-read it... Where is she being rude?!

londonrach · 19/07/2017 13:12

Id leave truthful feedback..arrived promptly seller hassled me to leave feedback

SpiderManTheChicken · 19/07/2017 13:14

YANBU I would probably ignore her and not leave her any feedback.

Lilmisskittykat · 19/07/2017 13:14

I can't see how it's rude?

If it's all ok just leave feedback guessing they need the rating

pasturesgreen · 19/07/2017 13:14

Seller is being unreasonable for chasing feedback.

I get that sellers depend on good feedback, I regularly sell on ebay myself but would never ever dream of pestering a buyer for feedback.

Not everyone will leave it and that's fine, people have more pressing stuff to attend to.

I'd be hugely tempted to leave neutral feedback because she was so persistent.

LloydColeandhisCoconuts · 19/07/2017 13:15

NoNeed Grin So true

theaveragewife · 19/07/2017 13:16

Hmm How difficult would it be for you to just leave feedback?

SilverDragonfly1 · 19/07/2017 13:16

Tone doesn't feel rude to me. Perhaps you feel that because she's explaining how to leave feedback which presumably you already know, but she doesn't know you know! I'd leave factual feedback about the item and packaging and leave it at that.

NoBetterName · 19/07/2017 13:17

I think she's been quite polite in her request. There's no obligation for you to leave feedback (and I usually forget tbh), but I find Amazon hassle customers much more to leave feedback. If you don't want to leave feedback just ignore, but I don't think she's been rude in her request - sometimes emails can get lost in cyberspace and she probably just wasn't sure you'd received the original request.

Ginorchoc · 19/07/2017 13:19

Don't seem rude to me, reads a little bouncy but wouldn't bother me and if happy I'd leave the feedback.

llhj · 19/07/2017 13:20

I'm always receiving those. Can't stand them. One is sufficient. From Amazon sellers too. The best one was when I bought something for a funeral I was organising, clearly had to be used for a funeral and nothing else. Received a reminder saying, 'Now the event is over and I have more time on my hands, could I leave feedback as to how their item made the funeral experience better.' Hmm

LadyBitterSparkles · 19/07/2017 13:25

She's just got my back up by saying it's been a week when it's only been a few days, and by saying she'll be disappointed if I don't leave feedback. Quite frankly I feel badgered!

OP posts:
Lassa · 19/07/2017 13:35

I think you are are being VU- and ever so slightly self-indulgent. As others have said, many Ebayers rely on positive feedback for their growing business. And her menitoning she was disappointed is her being honest.

I agree with the above poster who says "Just leave the feedback, it would definitely have taken less time than starting this thread".

If you're happy with the product- leave positive feedback. If you're irked by the seller's 'persistence' for feedback...get over it, it's not like you'll still be thinking about it next week!?!

IMO, based on the info you've provided above, leaving negative feedback would represent much more about you, than the seller. Sorry.

LadyBitterSparkles · 19/07/2017 13:38

I know I'm being unreasonable. I just haven't had a chance to check the item. She's got 876 in feedback so far so she's not exactly just starting out.

OP posts:
PeroxideBosco · 19/07/2017 13:54

I never leave feedback if they nag me to do so.

Afrostyle1000 · 19/07/2017 14:12

Can't believe you've started a thread about this.

You received same day delivery and can't be arsed leaving feedback.

YABU

19lottie82 · 19/07/2017 14:15

kings no need to leave a negative for that, that's really mean. A negative should only be used if there has been an unsatisfactory situation which the seller has refused to resolve.

Personally I'd leave a positive saying t applied to the transaction but you didn't like being hounded for FB.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.