My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think sex on holiday is another thing to worry about.

78 replies

topcat2014 · 15/07/2017 12:36

According to the Times today, 74% of couples have sex every other day on holiday, and 50% 10 times in a seven day holiday.

There's something else to worry about ;)

I guess they can't all be staying in static caravans with in-laws though..

OP posts:
Troels · 17/07/2017 21:47

These statistics must be why we've all ended up with kids in the first place, bloody holidays.

Forwardsforwards · 17/07/2017 21:49

moth if i were you i'd brag too .. and fully intend to when i eventually get back in the saddle... good on ya !!

Forwardsforwards · 17/07/2017 21:54

Maqueen , well i managed to injure my back a few days in... getting into a chair. No excuse before then. Didn't happen on wedding night either. Although that's quite normal nowadays.

That let 'D'H off the hook... he didn't need to bother/make the effort/be loving on our honeymoon
(set the course for the next 10 years until i LeftTB)

I'm so unshagged it unfair. Is unshagged even a term???!!!

Catsize · 17/07/2017 21:58

moth πŸ˜‚πŸ‘

MaQueen · 17/07/2017 22:00

Oh bless you. You are well rid, Sweetie.

I have drunken vague memories of Bodrum, 1993, and DH and I winning a Dirty Dancing competition - all well and good, except DH put his back out and could barely move for the rest of the holiday Hmm

Butteredparsnip1ps · 17/07/2017 22:10

Oh dear. This isn't bringing back memories of the time MIL was staying in the next room & I fell out of bed with an almighty crash one night. No.. not at all

AlmostAJillSandwich · 17/07/2017 22:13

Wouldn't anyone else feel weird having sex in someone elses bed though?
Especially a hotel bed that god knows how many people have had their fun in?
When not all of them change the sheets between every guest.....

Notso · 17/07/2017 22:36

This is one of the reasons we rent private villas/cottages on holiday. No way am I enduring a sex free holiday. Tent sex is deeply unpleasant.

MothQuandary · 17/07/2017 22:41

Forwards sorry to hear about your unshaggedness. My exH managed to disguise the fact he was an asexual alcoholic until our wedding night and our honeymoon was crap. I was already pg by then, so felt totally trapped and couldn't even drink. Took me 7 years to leave him.

By contrast, DP is a full-on sex god and I am eternally grateful for him. I'm sure there's one out there for you too.

MaQueen · 17/07/2017 22:44

"When not all of them change the sheets between every guest....."

Jesus Christ Almost what feckin sort of hotels do you stay in Shock

Gileswithachainsaw · 17/07/2017 22:48

So I have to take dp?
Isadora2007 · 17/07/2017 22:49

We have been successful in a tent with kids in the next room blush

I've had sex in a tent with my parents as a teen- and they didn't even know I was sexually active yet! 😳

80sMum · 17/07/2017 22:54

The only time we have even got close to those statistics is on our honeymoon, 40 years ago. The novelty soon wore off! Grin

MrsKoala · 17/07/2017 22:56

Me and DH didn't have sex on our honeymoon, but tbf it was one night in a hotel with our 3 month old in the room with us and i was still 'not right' after all the tearing/stitches. And of course there was dh vomiting half the night (those celebration sambuka shots were a bad idea) so violently he burst the blood vessels in both his eyes. ahhh good times.

Maybe83 · 17/07/2017 22:58

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaQueen · 17/07/2017 22:59

"

So I have to take dp?"

No

Gileswithachainsaw · 17/07/2017 23:05
Grin
Dibbles1967 · 17/07/2017 23:09

Are these holidays where the couples actually go together? was it specific? Hmm

SidekickSally · 17/07/2017 23:15

Threads like this always make me question whether me and DP are having enough sex! Usually on holiday if the kids are there it's once or twice in the week and for a weekend away just together we usually manage it a couple of times. The first time is amazing and the second time is more of a "well we better make the most of our time alone" type thing!!

winglesspegasus · 17/07/2017 23:40

these>just a little button fly no pouch
great under dresses.the jersey knit ones are best.like oldfashioned gym shorts

winglesspegasus · 17/07/2017 23:40

wrong thread sorry but than again

sweetkitty · 17/07/2017 23:48

When we stay in hotels it's either two rooms so we each have 2DC or a family room where we are all in together, no chance of anything going on.

Even on our honeymoon at Disneyland Paris we had two hotel rooms with a door in between (we did the deed before going on holiday with 4DC)

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Forwardsforwards · 18/07/2017 00:13

Thanks moth & ma ..... now there's a great name for granny nighties!! πŸ˜‚

I'll not be undershagged for too long, I hope!!

Forwardsforwards · 18/07/2017 00:13

Thanks moth & ma ..... now there's a great name for granny nighties!! πŸ˜‚

I'll not be undershagged for too long, I hope!!

GallicosCats · 18/07/2017 00:20

Tell you what, cystitis cramps your style in that department. If you're uncomfortably aware that you've had more alcohol than water over the last day or two and the treaments are hard to get hold of, you're not so keen to risk it.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.