My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think sex on holiday is another thing to worry about.

78 replies

topcat2014 · 15/07/2017 12:36

According to the Times today, 74% of couples have sex every other day on holiday, and 50% 10 times in a seven day holiday.

There's something else to worry about ;)

I guess they can't all be staying in static caravans with in-laws though..

OP posts:
ThroughThickAndThin01 · 15/07/2017 13:35

We have a lot more. I see it as catch up time.

LaArdilla · 15/07/2017 13:53

Do they define 'a couple'?

Young lovers on first holiday together, 10 times in 7 days is fairly par for the course if not a little under what I'd expect.

If two middle-aged parents of 3 kids managed that they'd probably be locked up for child neglect.

WorraLiberty · 15/07/2017 13:57

Are any of these couples actually having sex with each other though?

I think we need clarification Grin

Coffeetasteslikeshit · 15/07/2017 13:58

AngelaTwerkel I just proper belly laughed at that, thank you!

0ccamsRazor I'm with you. I remember looking up midway through once, to see two sheep staring at us from about 2 metres away. It put me right off Grin

Giddyaunt18 · 15/07/2017 14:00

Something to worry about? Something to look forward to more like. I think it's just because you are together in the day and have more opportunity( if no little ones around) plus if it's a hot country, I always feel more in the mood. Last year was a nightmare as although we were all inclusive, we were in one room with teens!! We did have to sometimes remember that we'd forgotten something sometimes and go back to the room 'to get it' Grin while they set out the towels by the pool! Needs must!

GirlOnATrainToShite · 15/07/2017 14:11

We have been successful in a tent with kids in the next room Blush

Inertia · 15/07/2017 14:14

Grin Angela

TheBusThatCouldntSlowDown · 15/07/2017 14:14

Send the kids off with a couple of euros each for the internet/table tennis/arcade or whatever with strict instructions to not come back within the hour unless someone's leg was hanging off

Shock The penny has just dropped as I remember my childhood holidays. I thought they were sending us off because they wanted us to have a good time!

TheNaze73 · 15/07/2017 14:21

A pre lunch quickie is always good on a holiday. A good kids club & some arcade Euro's are a must

ZippyCameBack · 15/07/2017 14:35

Holidays aren't relaxing for me at all. I'm always the one who has to plan, organise and pay for everything. If I thought I'd have to service His Lordship as well I'd just refuse to go.

Disclaimer: I may well be in a stinking mood because he has fucked off on his boat for the day instead, leaving me to manage the kids and also do my tax return. So it's possible I may not be entirely objective.

Giddyaunt18 · 15/07/2017 14:59

Zippy I am servicing myself and us as a couple. What an old fashioned attitude.

n0ne · 15/07/2017 15:05

Well, if DD is sharing our bed/room (staying in hotels, for eg) obviously not! If we go away sans enfant, we definitely do, unless we overindulge in rich food or too much booze (we obviously have out priorities all wrong) Blush

WrittenandGrown · 16/07/2017 15:57

Worry about = Enjoyed for us. Nice weather, more time together and less stresses of daily life are what holidays are about surely.

MaQueen · 16/07/2017 19:27

We still sometimes do an overnight stay in a family room in a Premier Inn...but not a chance that very red blooded male DH would go away on holiday and share a room with our DDs.

If we holiday in the UK we've always rented 2 bed cottages. The last couple of times we've been in a hotel we've booked rooms with connecting doors.

On our summer holiday this year, DDs will have their own hotel room. Bliss.

Tw1nsetAndPearls · 16/07/2017 20:05

That is what holiday clubs are for.

Purple52 · 17/07/2017 20:23

Sex doesn't have to be noisy .... but rocking caravans give it away! As do squeaking roll mats and air beds!! .... especially when lights go on again afterwards!!!

Emboo19 · 17/07/2017 20:37

We usually manage everyday when not on holiday Blush unfortunately not at the moment as bf is working away
On holiday it would be a couple of times a day.

Not thought of the logistics when DD is older though, she's only a baby so we're just quite while she's sleeping.

Forwardsforwards · 17/07/2017 20:56

wildly envious here .. didnt manage once on honeymoon. bloody arse of an exDH.

more than one way to skin a cat though ;)

HidingUnderARock · 17/07/2017 20:57

You only have to worry about it if your DP has read it. Or your inlaws Blush

aliphil · 17/07/2017 21:05

Definitely not when we holiday at my mother's - her spare room has twin beds! And they're different heights, so pushing them together could be ... interesting.

MothQuandary · 17/07/2017 21:07

DP and I usually only manage it about once a week at home, if that. We have a toddler in the room with us (and two older DCs sharing the bedroom next door). We just had our first night away from the kids in 17 months and did it 4 times (yes, in one night!)

Thank you for giving me an excuse to brag about this. I am very proud and can't tell anyone IRL.

SisterMortificado · 17/07/2017 21:16

I'm on holiday RN...

We've managed three times in a fortnight. That's about normal, I suppose? DP's been drinking more than usual and falling asleep on the couch so I've just been taking myself off to bed and sleeping all over it and refusing to move when he shuffles in.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Catsize · 17/07/2017 21:24

This is why I hate staying in hotels. People shagging in the bed I'm sleeping in and the resultant fluid leakage. No thanks!

MothQuandary · 17/07/2017 21:33

Catsize why are people shagging in the bed you're sleeping in? Can't you ask them to move to another room?

MaQueen · 17/07/2017 21:47

"wildly envious here .. didnt manage once on honeymoon. bloody arse of an exDH."

FFS Forward how the Hell did you manage to not have sex on your honeymoon Shock

We DTD 3 times a day for 14 days on our honeymoon (determined to have a honeymoon baby). DH was looking a little strained around the eyes toward the end, but he powered through and got me knocked up...DD1 born exactly 9 months, to the day, after our wedding day Smile

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.