My feed

to access all these features


what would you do?

32 replies

starflowerrose · 11/07/2017 09:08

If you were in a relationship that was abusive.

Worried about the kids and contact - in other words, don't want him having contact with the kids unsupervised.

No money. No access to money.


Would you borrow money from a friend to come to the uk? wouldn't that be kidnapping the children?

I know solicitors are free for half an hour but after that you pay and with what

any advice atall? desperate!

OP posts:
Queenofthestress · 11/07/2017 09:23

Go to your native embassy in the country, they should be able to help

starflowerrose · 11/07/2017 09:25

I can't really do that but thanks

OP posts:
MrsOverTheRoad · 11/07/2017 09:26

Are you in Australia?

starflowerrose · 11/07/2017 09:27


OP posts:
Bluntness100 · 11/07/2017 09:28

Ok you need to expand. Do you live abroad or are you on holiday?

starflowerrose · 11/07/2017 09:30

Live there

OP posts:
KavvLar · 11/07/2017 09:31

Didn't want to read and run. I would have thought a lot would depend on the country you're in now and your connection with the UK? I also think the priority should be your safety and if you or your children are unsafe then you need help. Is there anywhere you can go right now?

starflowerrose · 11/07/2017 09:32

Yes, but I'm worried as its not a long term solution

OP posts:
TheProdigalRhubarb · 11/07/2017 09:32

Is your kids' nationality that of the country you live in?

starflowerrose · 11/07/2017 09:34

no they were born in the uk

OP posts:
TheProdigalRhubarb · 11/07/2017 09:38

I don't think that would be kidnapping them, then, for a British mother to bring British kids back to the UK.

TheProdigalRhubarb · 11/07/2017 09:38

Why can't you seek help from the British Consulate?

indigox · 11/07/2017 09:39

What country are you in?

TheProdigalRhubarb · 11/07/2017 09:42

You can email or phone the Consulate. They are kind and dedicated people and they will help you.

missiondecision · 11/07/2017 09:42

If you suspect abuse, it probably is abuse.
Have you spoken to him about returning to the uk?
If he is actually going to stop/forbidden you, then yes, I would do anything to return to a safe place.

Sugarpiehoneyeye · 11/07/2017 09:59

Come home.

123MothergotafleA · 11/07/2017 10:01

Sorry for all the stress you are experiencing.
I don't have the answer myself, but I think you must contact the Consulate there.

starflowerrose · 11/07/2017 10:04

I havent spoken to him about leaving. I don'tfeel it is a good idea. I can't speak to anyone as the kids are around.

OP posts:
ChasedByBees · 11/07/2017 10:09

You really need to speak with a local solicitor. Absolutely do not just take the children back to the UK without looking at the legalities.

If you remove the children from their normal country of residence, regardless of nationality, my understanding (lay person) is that you could be asked to return them to their country of residence.

This document looks at if you're worried about a child being taken out of the UK ask it's the other way round but may be useful. A lot depends on the country you're in.

PurpleMinionMummy · 11/07/2017 10:12

I believe you can get legal aid in dv situations. How easy it is to access/prove I don't know.

PurpleMinionMummy · 11/07/2017 10:12

The no access to money is abuse in itself.

TheProdigalRhubarb · 11/07/2017 10:14

Email the Consulate. You can look up the address here:

starflowerrose · 11/07/2017 10:28

i can't but thank you

OP posts:
indigox · 11/07/2017 10:51

Why can't you?

blue25 · 11/07/2017 10:54

Partner may work at the consulate

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.