My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Parent and Child Parking...What About Heavily Pregnant Women?

66 replies

frillylemons · 25/07/2012 07:26

I fully appreciate that parents with Hilton and pushchairs need the extra space to get out of cars and that it is useful to be that much closer to the shop, but I am 8 months pregnant and am having bad pelvic pain which makes walking hard. What about women in my situation and similar? Are we allowed to park in those spaces? If not, I think we should be able to!

OP posts:
mummytime · 25/07/2012 18:16

Homebase allows it, which I used to use them, as their spaces were quite narrow, and with a huge bump it was hard to squeeze out in a normal one (impossible really).

WicketyPitch · 25/07/2012 18:24

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeandarBear · 25/07/2012 18:31

YANBU Park away and enjoy Smile.

LeandarBear · 25/07/2012 18:33

I would not park in them unless I was heavily or had littleDC's though.

ShellyBoobs · 25/07/2012 18:36

Mummy and PFB spaces are free to be used by anyone.

I park in them whenever I feel like it regardless of having a child in the car or not. If anyone doesn't like it they can fuck the fuck off.

Hope this helps.

ShellyBoobs · 25/07/2012 18:37

I would not park in them unless I was heavily or had littleDC's though.

You're missing out; they're usually closer to the door for some reason so why not just park in them?

DontEatTheVolesKids · 25/07/2012 18:39

crikey, some folk are awfully presumptuous (ShellyBoobs & RubyFakeNails).

I wouldn't object to (or notice) what OP wants to do.

I park in the first free space I see that my car will fit in. Regardless of who is in the car. But I wouldn't if that space was P+C & I didn't have a child. Just am not that self-important.

Babylon1 · 25/07/2012 18:39
Blush
ShellyBoobs · 25/07/2012 18:40

Just am not that self-important.

Unlike mummies with PFBs who are so important they need 'special' spaces just for them?

DontEatTheVolesKids · 25/07/2012 19:26

I would have thought P+C parking matters least to people who only have PFBs.

Parking anywhere with only one child is easy. Only one person to keep track of!

Parking with a loose toddler-child + a heavy baby-toddler (plus maybe a few other kids to keep track of), & P+C (that is, good P+C that includes a safe route to the shop door) starts to feel imperative.

mummytime · 25/07/2012 19:33

I thought the spaces were there because with a car seat child, you need to open the door fully, so there is more room so you don't bash the car next to you. They are also close to the shops for parents with toddlers.

WicketyPitch · 25/07/2012 20:59

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

foreverondiet · 25/07/2012 21:12

Its fine to park in them esp at the end of your pregnancy where you can't squeeze out of the car if its a small space.

Springforward · 25/07/2012 21:18

I did, no-one challenged me. It made getting out of the car much easier if I could fully open the door!

If you're worried about being confronted about it, put the carseat in the car, you'll be using it soon anyway Smile?

frillylemons · 25/07/2012 21:39

I don't suppose I'd use them if I had no child with me, but it's good to know I won't necessarily be glared at for using it whilst heavily pregnant!

OP posts:
holyfishnets · 25/07/2012 22:19

You should park in them. You are carrying a baby and I lots of people know how hard that can be towards the end.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.