My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Adoption

Rejected by ADM

44 replies

poppet31 · 07/05/2019 22:15

We were unanimously approved at panel two weeks ago. Tonight we were visited by our social worker to tell us the ADM disagrees with the panel's recommendation. We are obviously devastated and wondering if this has ever happened before? I can't find any precedent online. She is going to come back to us in the next few days with exactly what the ADM disagrees with but apparently there are four areas in our PAR with gaps / inconsistencies. The panel and our second opinion social worker all thought our form and references were really strong so no one was expecting this :(

OP posts:
poppet31 · 26/06/2019 13:17

Just a quick update. We were unanimously approved again at panel today. Just got to wait for ADM decision now. The panel seemed really positive so fingers crossed all the changes we've made to our report will be enough to convince them this time round.

OP posts:
darkriver19886 · 26/06/2019 14:21

Fingers crossed Poppet

Dirtyjellycat · 26/06/2019 16:27

Good luck!

Ladyg89 · 26/06/2019 20:24

poppet31 that's great news. Congratulations. So nice to see you kept at it and hopefully this will all become a distant memory. We have approval panel on Monday. All has been very straight forward so fingers crossed this will carry through to Monday xxx

topcat2014 · 26/06/2019 22:06

@poppet31 good luck!

poppet31 · 26/06/2019 22:19

Thanks everyone. Your support really helped me through the last couple of months. Ladyg89 - good luck for panel. I'm sure it will be totally fine. Everyone on our panel was so lovely today x

OP posts:
Moominmammaatsea · 27/06/2019 21:46

@poppet31, yay, well done you (& partner poppet31). So glad all our words of encouragement were a help to you. This will be a distant and insignificant memory once your child/children is/are placed with you and you have given your ADM and panel a masterclass in how resilient you are and how you can respond positively to setbacks.

Good luck for matching!

BarcelonaFreddie · 30/06/2019 09:36

Everything crossed for the ADM xx

poppet31 · 02/07/2019 15:47

We have just heard from our SW that we have been ratified by the ADM. I'm not sure I will believe it until it is in writing. Think it will take a while to sink it. Thanks again everyone. The last few months have been hell but it's finally a when not an if Smile

OP posts:
darkriver19886 · 02/07/2019 16:21

Congratulations Poppet!

poppet31 · 03/07/2019 08:15

Thank you darkriver. I have followed your story for a while and your posts have helped me understand so much more about adoption so I am so grateful to you and everyone else that posts on this forum that has supported me through some tough times x

OP posts:
darkriver19886 · 03/07/2019 08:47

That's what we're supposed to do. As I have said from day one I understand the role adoption serves in the modern day. I am happy to see people become families.

Ladyg89 · 03/07/2019 09:06

Aww that's great news congratulations. We were approved on Monday. Still waiting for the decision on the ADM. Im still on cloud 9. So happy for you xxx

Dirtyjellycat · 03/07/2019 11:55

Brilliant news Poppet! Hope everything moves more smoothly going forward.

Rachaelmcknight82 · 30/08/2019 21:45

I feel for you hun we were approved Tuesday our sw said she would send us profiles this week. I emailed her today to give her a nudge. I got a very cold and blunt email saying cannot send profiles until adm ratifucation. This makes me think adm will say no with the way out sw could not be bothered to pick up the phone fo tell us this. I had to chase her. We jump through all.theees hoops to adopt and we atw treated appalling x

flapjackfairy · 30/08/2019 21:53

@Rachael
I v much doubt you will be rejected. I am sure that it is merely their policy so really don't read too much into it.
Though I do sympathise because the whole system makes you feel completely powerless and having your lives in others hands is so hard. Good luck with matching x

jellycatspyjamas · 01/09/2019 22:52

.This makes me think adm will say no with the way out sw could not be bothered to pick up the phone fo tell us this

Honestly, I know you’re anxious but your social worker will have a hundred different things to do and a quick email to a prospect adopter is something they don’t have given any thought to. They will have wanted you know know timescales for profiles and that nothing will happen quickly. They’d be much more likely to phone you if something was wrong or if they thought there was a problem with ratification.

I know it’s hard but really try not to overthink or look for hidden meaning where there is none, the sw will literally have sent the email so they had one thing less on their list to do. Try to enjoy the lull before the storm Grin

topcat2014 · 02/09/2019 16:43

This process is "adopter lead" so you do need to keep in contact. expect things to happen in weeks rather than days. do not put your life on hold. we were approved in November and our l.o was placed with us in August

topcat2014 · 02/09/2019 16:44

just realised I have replied twice earlier . good luck @poppet31

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.