My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Anti-chaffing shorts -stupid question!

36 replies

emmathedilemma · 19/07/2022 07:42

Dumb question but I bought some shorts from M&S last night to wear under dresses for work…….do you wear knickers under them as well?? They’re sold as lingerie but feel quite nylon to wear as pants.

OP posts:
QuebecBagnet · 19/07/2022 07:47

Depends. I have some M&S ones which I don’t wear knickers underneath but my snag ones I do wear knickers underneath as they feel more like tight material. So if you want knickers as well go for it.

Yodaisawally · 19/07/2022 07:51

I wear knickers under mine

emmathedilemma · 19/07/2022 07:53

Thanks, I think I’ll wear knickers too as they don’t look very thick when you stretch them!
are the snag ones good? I was looking at them but find their sizing system a minefield!

OP posts:
gogohmm · 19/07/2022 07:58

I have wear knickers under my sports shorts ones from sainsburys but not my modibodi ones as they are suitable as underwear designed for periods or bladder leaks (I get the latter)

QuebecBagnet · 19/07/2022 08:08

i haven’t worn the snag ones yet, only tried them on. I’m not as keen on the tight material compared to the M&S ones I have. Don’t think I’d buy them again.

PlantsAndSpaniels · 19/07/2022 08:29

Love my snag ones but they are a tight like material so my nude ones are see through so wear underwear. Mine have lasted around 5 years of wearing every summer and managed to stretch to fit over my baby bump so are quite stretchy if you're worried about sizes.

Greydogs123 · 19/07/2022 08:30

Is it possible to get cotton ones? I bought some underwear type ones, but they make me so hot because they’re nylon type material - I couldn’t imagine wearing knickers under some as well!

MayDaze · 19/07/2022 08:33

emmathedilemma · 19/07/2022 07:53

Thanks, I think I’ll wear knickers too as they don’t look very thick when you stretch them!
are the snag ones good? I was looking at them but find their sizing system a minefield!

As a larger lady (size 22/24 and 6 foot tall) I adore my snag tights. I think mine are a G size. The sizing is quite simple really, decide which body type you have (is it Athletic, Curvy, Petite... Can't remember properly) and go from there on the size chart.

I love that they stretch up under my (ample) bust, so they stop my bra underwire chafing too - I do a physical job so this is a problem for me.

(I have not tried M&S shorts for comparison though.)

LadyHelenaJustina · 19/07/2022 08:33

I have the long-line sloggi ones, and just wear those as knickers. Usually I wear cropped cotton leggings under dresses, though, as they have the added bonus of hiding my knees.

Shelby1981 · 19/07/2022 08:48

I wear underwear under my Snag ones.

They are like tights fabric but once they're on and stretched out they're super thin and somehow really do keep you cool! They're magical

picklemewalnuts · 19/07/2022 08:48

Wearing snags without underwear is a revelation. Give it a try.

I assumed it would be unpleasant but actually it feels really freeing.

I'm someone who would usually be in big cotton pants, and in the past a cloth liner. Wearing snags without undies feels like going commando! So much more comfortable than wrestling with layers.

Numbat2022 · 19/07/2022 08:55

I do, it hadn't really occurred to me not to. My favourites are the Big Bloomers ones with the holey panel - they're lovely and cool. Snag are a bit hotter but fine.

emmathedilemma · 19/07/2022 09:10

I couldn't even decide what body type I was for snag.......stuck between athletic and curvy and I'm a 10-12 rather than 8-10 or 12-14 which means I might be an AB, or maybe a C, or even a D........

OP posts:
ThickCutSteakChips · 19/07/2022 09:14

Ha, I bought the m and s ones yesterday too (and there were two other women looking at them at the time as well!)

I bought the nude ones and have to wear knickers underneath as they are almost completely see through - I guess that doesn't matter that much as you have clothes on as well, but I think I will feel more comfortable with kecks on, knowing that my minge and bum aren't right there Grin

BunnyChowLover · 19/07/2022 09:40

You need the Primark £2.50 cycle shorts. They are a lovely material

MassiveSalad22 · 19/07/2022 09:41

I just chop the legs off normal cotton leggings. Sounds much less complicated 😄 and cheaper.

RuthW · 19/07/2022 09:47

Popsy ones are brilliant and I find better than Snag. I wear nickers underneath

whoruntheworldgirls · 19/07/2022 09:51

If you message Snag they can help you, i messaged them on Facebook. The shorts are great but i find not for short dresses as they are a bit long, that might be me though and my body shape etc!
I wear underwear under all my under shorts

cushioncovers · 19/07/2022 10:03

Is it possible to get cotton ones? I bought some underwear type ones, but they make me so hot because they’re nylon type material - I couldn’t imagine wearing knickers under some as well!

This.

Yodaisawally · 19/07/2022 10:04

Mine are cotton, from next

emmathedilemma · 19/07/2022 10:22

MassiveSalad22 · 19/07/2022 09:41

I just chop the legs off normal cotton leggings. Sounds much less complicated 😄 and cheaper.

Do they not fray and ride up without a cuff round the bottom?

OP posts:
D0lphine · 19/07/2022 10:23

I just wear primark cycle shorts. Knickers optional depending on the time of the month and the event

Newsletters you might like

Discover Exclusive Savings!

Sign up to our Money Saver newsletter now and receive exclusive deals and hot tips on where to find the biggest online bargains, tailored just for Mumsnetters.

You've subscribed!

Parent-Approved Gems Await!

Subscribe to our weekly Swears By newsletter and receive handpicked recommendations for parents, by parents, every Sunday.

You've subscribed!

DilemmaDelilah · 19/07/2022 10:26

I have Sainsbury's ones which are cotton and do not wear knickers underneath. They are quite thick enough!

LikeADogWithABone · 19/07/2022 10:29

I am delighted with my M&S ones. I'm under 10stone, 5'6 and do loads of excessive but still have chub rub 😡😡😡. I bought nude and I sized up - it hadn't crossed my mind to wear knickers too.
I'm only wearing them under cloths. I'm not going to flash anyone. Maybe the sizing up helps.

I really don't know why you would consider wearing knickers too

Playplayaway · 19/07/2022 10:34

I have these and don't wear knickers unless I'm on my period and feel like I need them for safety!

wirarpa Ladies Safety Boxer Shorts Cotton Anti Chafing Long Leg Knickers Underwear Women's Boy Shorts Leggings for Under Dresses Multipack amzn.eu/d/6py49eM?tag=mumsnet&ascsubtag=mnforum-21

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.