My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Fucking skinny drunk flying spiders

35 replies

CoolYourBeansMySon · 22/09/2020 00:05

Anyone else having loads of daddy long legs flying around their homes bouncing off the walls and dive bombing you? I hate the fuckers and have to keep my windows shut and I'm soooo hot!

OP posts:
LooseMooseHoose · 22/09/2020 00:16

Why do you hate them?! I quite like ginny spinners really. They're easy enough to catch in cupped hands and pop back outside.

Mamette · 22/09/2020 00:21

I don’t mind the skinny ones. It’s the thick-legged scuttly ones I am not keen on.

CoolYourBeansMySon · 22/09/2020 00:25

@Mamette

I don’t mind the skinny ones. It’s the thick-legged scuttly ones I am not keen on.

When I started living on my own they were my nemesis but thanks to my spider catcher from Amazon I can cope with them now. DLL aren't so easy to catch, they're all over the place - it's the drunk bouncing off the walls that gets me. Plus, when you are in bed in the dark you can hear them scratching against the wall
OP posts:
Doingtheboxerbeat · 22/09/2020 00:33

I have made a sort deal with the sick tosspiece that brought forth the eight legged abominations and we agreed that I will accept 10 million daddy long leg types in my home over even 1 of the other ones. I
I would even let them spoon me if I never saw the other ones again.
I know I need help Sad.

OnceUponAMidnightBeery · 22/09/2020 00:34

They don’t freak me out as much anymore, thankfully. I close all curtains and blinds before opening the windows. The flying fuckers still get in somehow. The terrier eats them, but I do try and rescue most of them.

The thick legged scuttley non flying fuckers however... yeh, I’ll be burning that room down.

flourbroach · 22/09/2020 00:37

Spiders, fine. Ruddy daddy long legs, hate the things. And they do seem to have a habit of looking round a room, seeing yours truly and making straight for me. Ugh.

I never used to hate them this much until I discovered the disgusting leatherjacket things they hatch out of.

emptyshelvesagain · 22/09/2020 00:39

Do you mean Crane Flys? They are insects, don't worry, not from the spider family Grin

MoaningMurlock · 22/09/2020 00:41

Finally!

DH says I’m overreacting and they are completely harmless.

My arse they are! Flying spiders who like to play dumb, but I know their end game.

They want to drag those useless spindly legs all over my face.

OnceUponAMidnightBeery · 22/09/2020 00:47

@CoolYourBeansMySon yey, a fellow spider catcher device worshipper fan. Best purchase of my life. Seriously.

OnceUponAMidnightBeery · 22/09/2020 00:52

@flourbroach

Spiders, fine. Ruddy daddy long legs, hate the things. And they do seem to have a habit of looking round a room, seeing yours truly and making straight for me. Ugh.

I never used to hate them this much until I discovered the disgusting leatherjacket things they hatch out of.

I’ll trade you my hairy-thick-legged-scuttling-massive house spiders for your daddy long legs any day! I swear the fuckers can use the cat flap...
Frownette · 22/09/2020 01:01

@OnceUponAMidnightBeery Grin

I once worked with a 6'ft 2" strapping bloke who was terrified by the things.

The thread title intrigued me a little because it implied they were going out, getting drunk, getting back, then causing mayhem!

They are a bit annoying when they're clattering around though.

MrsTerryPratchett · 22/09/2020 01:10

DD says they eat mosquitoes, in a vain attempt to make me like them (I've had a mosquito borne disease). Still hate the fuckers. They fly like bumble bees without the cuteness.

CoolYourBeansMySon · 22/09/2020 01:13

@OnceUponAMidnightBeery

They don’t freak me out as much anymore, thankfully. I close all curtains and blinds before opening the windows. The flying fuckers still get in somehow. The terrier eats them, but I do try and rescue most of them.

The thick legged scuttley non flying fuckers however... yeh, I’ll be burning that room down.

Close your blinds? Yeah, have you ever seen one of the fuckers climbing though a closed blind? I have. One leg in, second leg in, third, fourth then hoist that body through.
OP posts:
HalfBearOtherHalfCat · 22/09/2020 02:52

I don't mind spiders in the least. Not even the huge hairy ones the size of a saucer. Quite happy to co-exist with them.

But crane flies give me the heebie jeebies. I swear the dangly legged horrors steer for me, wanting to flail their creepy legs all over me. Blargh.

My old cat handily used to catch and eat them (as she did with basically anything that moved) but the current furboy is useless. One landed on him the other day and he just sort of squinted at it in confusion and then apparently decided it was no big deal to have a freaky leggy thing resting on him and went back to sleep!

Frownette · 22/09/2020 03:58

Cats are so funny, my little one had no interest whatsoever in catching anything.

And then you'd think but you're a cat. What is your raison d'etre? So if I saw a spider and screamed she'd just sniff then wander off.

Frownette · 22/09/2020 04:01

Oh she liked catching my toes though. No fun waking up to have claws in your toes when you're frantically trying to get them away.

donttouchmyhair · 22/09/2020 04:13

This is my least favourite time of the year simply because these fuckers are constantly bombarding me with their shit flying. What are they even trying to achieve, they just spend all day bump into everything??? Eurgh pointless creatures.

CoolYourBeansMySon · 22/09/2020 18:01

@donttouchmyhair

This is my least favourite time of the year simply because these fuckers are constantly bombarding me with their shit flying. What are they even trying to achieve, they just spend all day bump into everything??? Eurgh pointless creatures.

I couldn't agree more!
OP posts:
CitizenFame · 22/09/2020 18:15

I thought DDL ate the scary hairy spiders?

DiscoDown · 22/09/2020 18:25

I loathe them, with their creepy flailing legs and unpredictable flying meaning I can't avoid them. I quite like spiders though.

phoenixrosehere · 22/09/2020 18:32

Didn’t know these buggers existed until I moved to the U.K. Thought they were big arse mosquitos. Only see them when I visit the in-laws in Newcastle.

Nuffaluff · 22/09/2020 18:32

They are the dum-dums of the insect world with their stupid flobbling about.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

emptyshelvesagain · 22/09/2020 20:47

@CitizenFame

I thought DDL ate the scary hairy spiders?

They do. They are cellar spiders. People seem to be calling Crane Flys DDL for some reason.
Doingtheboxerbeat · 22/09/2020 21:19

@CitizenFame, I too heard this most amazing revelation that the spindlers eat the thickens - on here, in fact . I was always tolerant of them but this news made me love them even more.

Serena1977 · 22/09/2020 21:48

Totally unpredictable beasts. I hate them!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.