My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

People who post ‘am I the only one who doesn’t like this incredibly popular thing...’

35 replies

Pagwatch · 08/09/2020 18:50

Yes
Yes you are
You’re that special.
Magnificent yet utterly alone in the world. Thanks for telling us.

OP posts:
Heptember · 08/09/2020 18:51

Yeah, and

'I'll probably get flamed for this but... I think kicking baby puppies is wrong '

EinsteinaGogo · 08/09/2020 18:57

@Heptember

Yeah, and

'I'll probably get flamed for this but... I think kicking baby puppies is wrong '

😂😂😂😂
JesusInTheCabbageVan · 08/09/2020 19:31

"I like to do [insert completely ordinary thing]. I think I'm probably a bit potty Confused"

mum2jakie · 08/09/2020 19:33

Well I can't talk about my perfectly normal hobby because it would be outing 😜

Pagwatch · 08/09/2020 19:48

Mum2jakie

At least once in the last few years that must have been right . Mumsnet must have had a yodeling unicyclist. They can’t all have been crochet?

OP posts:
FlibbertyGiblets · 08/09/2020 19:49

Hahaha excellent thread Paggy.

I can't tell you about HUBBY'S hobby as it is tremendously outing always MAMIL/golf/Footie and never pigeon fancying/font collecting/toothpick baton choir conductor.

JesusInTheCabbageVan · 08/09/2020 20:09

Urgh, just ate a huge salad and feeling stuffed.

RosieLemonade · 08/09/2020 20:15

I truly hate the thing mentioned in the op. But I also hate the constant justification in people’s posts. Everyone I follow on Instagram needs to tell me how much they love their child if they have the slightest whinge about them. Like you can moan about someone and still love them.

Hardbackwriter · 08/09/2020 20:18

For someone reason people titling posts with 'Is/does anyone else...' irrationally annoys me. 'Is anyone else 12 weeks pregnant?' 'Does anyone else like Nutella?'. No, no, it's just you.

BeingATwatItsABingThing · 08/09/2020 20:18

I go to the supermarket to purchase my groceries! AMA!

Pagwatch · 08/09/2020 20:21

Hardbackwriter

It used to be ‘does anyone else have the bug that’s going around’

I guess that’s consigned to the bin for a while

OP posts:
Bluntness100 · 08/09/2020 20:22

It’s the “we” thing for me. Sets my teeth on edge.

What do “we” think of culottes. When are “ we” sending our kids back to school.

There is no “we” . Mumsnet is not some homogeneous mass. It is not a hive mind, it is made up of millions of individuals.

ShipshapeShore · 08/09/2020 20:30

"Can I really wear a bikini?" posted with a picture by a lovely slim person who looks amazing in a bikini.

What they really mean is "everyone say nice things about me because secretly I know I look good." Grin

JesusInTheCabbageVan · 08/09/2020 20:32

@ShipshapeShore also the 'OMG!! I ordered this bikini online and it's tiny!' poster who starts the same thread every year (different bikinis).

FlibbertyGiblets · 08/09/2020 22:01

yy Jesus. Might be the ooh my new hair is HORRIBLE poster, you know the one, beautiful skin, glossy mane, only one chin.

I laughed at urgh ate a huge salad.

Potatoes are basically sugar, same as coco pops.

NothingIsWrong · 08/09/2020 22:03

@FlibbertyGiblets

yy Jesus. Might be the ooh my new hair is HORRIBLE poster, you know the one, beautiful skin, glossy mane, only one chin.

I laughed at urgh ate a huge salad.

Potatoes are basically sugar, same as coco pops.

Excellent. I will stick to coco pops then, if they are basically the same
FlibbertyGiblets · 08/09/2020 22:16
MagMell · 08/09/2020 22:21

Am I the only person in the world to not like potatoes OR coco pops???

I’m mad, me.

OhToBeASeahorse · 08/09/2020 22:57

The thing that irritates me more is the alleged surprise at people doing things that I cannot believe they are ignorant of.

'Do people really plan their day around a baby's naps?' 'Do people really eat a whole pizza by themselves?' Etc etc. I find it comes with an air of superiority.

Wishingwell75 · 08/09/2020 23:11

Talking about food - just realised I forgot to eat dinner - again! What am I like.

DinosApple · 09/09/2020 06:40

'What colour are my eyes?'
Green. Always.

How old am I?
Don't ask unless you're prepared for +-20years.

MerylBleep · 09/09/2020 14:34

When having a moan about family the pp says "bedroom constantly messy (I'm looking at you DD2)" or worse, I'm looking at you DD2

DD2 isn't reading the post and no other pp knows DD2 for that to have any comedic effect

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Duvetstay · 09/09/2020 14:54

Op... I don't know why my child is overweight... gives example of healthy diet... Porridge and blueberries for breakfast....etc etc

Poster... You do know oats are massively fattening and berries are basically haribo

FlibbertyGiblets · 09/09/2020 14:57
HoldMyLobster · 09/09/2020 15:43

"Are we the only family that doesn't eat dessert?"

I always want to reply that dessert is one of the four food groups along with beer, pizza and crisps.

But that would be inaccurate. The fourth food group is ice cream.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.