Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Your fave presents?

CormoranStrike · 25/12/2018 20:26

I got a voucher for afternoon tea (yum), a glass ball for photography and a lovely necklace. Very spoiled.

You?

OP's posts:
Please
or

BooseysMom · 26/12/2018 08:25

@PomBearWithoutHerOFRS... lovely. Can i risk sounding soppy too by saying my best present was watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang last night with DH & DS (5) all the way they and not one interruption! DS was mesmerized. Bear in mind the film is over 50 years old and he said he LOVED it! He held my model Chitty Bang Bang car the whole time. That was my best present anyway.
Happy Christmas all Xmas Smile

Please
or

FloofyDoof · 26/12/2018 09:09

A set of interchangeable knitting needles and one of those proper cat candles in grey, so it looks a bit like my cat from my 19 year old son and a huge gift bag full of about 15 pairs of lovely fluffy chenille socks (I have cold feet all the time), some lovely stuff from body shop and my favourite chocolates from my 18 year old daughter, plus lots of other little things. All wonderful thoughtful things, they did very well!

Please
or

FloofyDoof · 26/12/2018 09:16

Pyropet candle, not proper!

Please
or

CormoranStrike · 26/12/2018 09:20

@notveryadventurousname it is a glass sphere to shoot through and it gives some cool effects.

These are my first efforts

Your fave presents? Your fave presents?
OP's posts:
Please
or

CocoLoco87 · 26/12/2018 09:26

I had actually bought myself a couple of things for DH to give me, thinking he wouldnt know what to get Blush ...

However... he got me a handbag which I wasn't expecting but had been looking online for. In the gift bag with it was a massive gift set of No.7 products which I love. Some of them I already use but others will be nice to try. It was really thoughtful and unexpected and shows he listens to me blathering on about things throughout the year Grin

Please
or

DavetheCat2001 · 26/12/2018 09:34

Boden slippers and some fab new MAC makeup brushes from OH ( both hinted at by me for poss gifts!)

And a voucher for a treatment/massage at a lovely spa place near us.

Very happySmile

Please
or

cheesenpickles · 26/12/2018 09:36

I loved all my presents. I got a fabulous Barbour coat, skincare from Glamglow and The Ordinary, copious amounts of tortoiseshell resin earrings (bit obsessed at the moment) and this pair of boots is currently winging their way to me for tomorrow.

Still got presents to have at my dsis, but imagine these will be small token things as they'll mainly buy for the kids.

Your fave presents?
Please
or

HRTpatch · 26/12/2018 09:37

A knitted David Bowie.

Please
or

cheesenpickles · 26/12/2018 09:38

@HRTpatch OMG! That would make my Xmas!

Please
or

beanaseireann · 26/12/2018 09:45

My favourite perfume that I couldn't justify buying in a million years as it is so expensive from DD1.
Mind you she did say she nearly passed out when she heard the price of it as she was buying it.

Please
or

DavetheCat2001 · 26/12/2018 10:24

I have DB on the Xmas tree 👌

Your fave presents?
Please
or

BooseysMom · 26/12/2018 10:31

DavetheCat2001... omg DH would love this. I have to say that's the 1st & only DB tree dec I have seen... beyond cool Xmas Grin

Please
or

beanaseireann · 26/12/2018 11:03

Sorry to burst your bubbles DavetheCat and BooseysMom but it doesn't really look like David Bowie.

Please
or

DavetheCat2001 · 26/12/2018 12:12

Apology accepted @beanaseireann

🙄

Please
or

BooseysMom · 26/12/2018 12:20

Just asked DH who it is and he said Bowie straight away. Ok it's not the spitting image he said but a good liking Xmas Grin

Please
or

DavetheCat2001 · 26/12/2018 12:26

I think the ziggy stripe gives it away!

Please
or

beanaseireann · 26/12/2018 12:29

The Ziggy stripe is perfect but the face is not a good likeness.

Please
or

HeronLanyon · 26/12/2018 12:33

A really beautiful very small Bluetooth speaker ‘lexon’ Danish design. Slightly obsessed with it. Streaming music and oodcasts through it. Unbelievable sound. Range of colours. Though it might have been really expensive. All that was divulged was it was under £50. One of the most beautiful little things I’ve ever seen !

Please
or

ikltownofboothlehem · 26/12/2018 12:36

DH made me an 'anti-stress box' with my chocolates, wine, candle, puzzle book, Jack Daniels and a voucher for a deluxe facial and massage.

DS got me a great mug and beautiful necklace.

Please
or

Witchend · 26/12/2018 12:38

An overlocker.

I have wanted one for years. I am smug and very happy and currently surrounded by heaps of fabric all edged beautifully. Grin

Please
or

DwangelaForever · 26/12/2018 12:42

My hubby is taking me for a day spa and lunch at our fave spa hotel in 2 weeks time 😍 we would love to stay over but hard to get babysitters for a 2 year old and a new born haha

Please
or

ShowOfHands · 26/12/2018 12:44

My grandma who is 94 and in a home asked my Dad to buy me some perfume from her. I love it. Dad also bought me some new crochet hooks, yarn and patterns. DH bought me a Grasmere gingerbread hamper and 7yo DS and 11yo DD bought me the most lovely toadstool necklace with DD's own money in July. I had no idea (nor did DH). She's fab and it's beautiful.

Happy happy happy.

Please
or

Ted27 · 26/12/2018 12:46

Wildflower seeds and a book about planting to attract bees.

And a lovely bead bracelet - my son bought it from his earnings from his first job ( paper round)

Please
or

Billben · 26/12/2018 13:03

National Trust family membership ❤️

Please
or

Dowser · 26/12/2018 13:16

A Vera Bradley hand bag and some REN Rose Otto goodies that I love

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.