Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Your fave presents?

CormoranStrike · 25/12/2018 20:26

I got a voucher for afternoon tea (yum), a glass ball for photography and a lovely necklace. Very spoiled.

You?

OP's posts:
Please
or

AlecOrAlonzo · 25/12/2018 22:34

A pottery making course. So excited! DM gave me that.

A gorgeous hamper with top notch olive oil from DSis and DBro

A beautiful scarf from MIL.

A lovely carnelian necklace from dh.

I was so lucky this year.

Please
or

dalmatianmad · 25/12/2018 22:42

My daughter paid for me to have Botox! Best present ever

Please
or

MadameJosephine · 25/12/2018 22:49

My lovely brother hand made me one of those wooden things that goes over the bath. It has candle holders and a holder for my book and a drink. His wife bought me candles, smellies and wine to go with it

Oh and my parents got me soda stream!

Please
or

lastqueenofscotland · 25/12/2018 22:49

I got some beautiful and expensive gifts but my sister found some old family photos got them reprinted and framed. I cried Blush

Please
or

IJustLostTheGame · 25/12/2018 22:56

A pair of fluffy slippers. They are only from Primark and not particularly fancy. I suffer from extreme chillblains at the hint of winter coming and dd (6) was insistant that warm slippers might help my poorly feet.
It's the most thoughtful gift I've ever had and I love my hideous brightly coloured fluffy slippers.
I really do hope they stop my chillblains if only for dd's thoughtfulness to pay off. And obviously, my lovely DH, seeing as he facilitated this.

Please
or

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints · 25/12/2018 23:01

A Fitbit Smile.

Seeing dc4(3) face at the Christmas lights in the village, we normally walk to the shop 'the back way" when it's dark as the village route involves a main road & a narrow footpath that doesn't mix with my double buggy but because ir was quiet we went that way for a walk so he could see them lit up. His little face was a picture. As a bonus it cheered him up until it was bedtime too.

Please
or

Turquoisetamborine · 25/12/2018 23:02

I got lovely Molton Brown shower gel from my MN antenatal group secret Santa. We do it every year for the mams not the kids (kids get enough) so we at least get one lovely present.
Got a lovely silver bee necklace from H too.

Please
or

GeorgeBailey2 · 25/12/2018 23:02

We had a totally gorgeous Christmas. Every present was special. My favourite were some earrings that were the shape of the Libra constellation (DD is a Libra) and the necklace I’ve attached a picture of. DD’s name begins with Y and means Bear.

Your fave presents?
Please
or

Taffeta · 25/12/2018 23:05

A Diptyque Feu de Bois candle

I shall light it in the depths of January

Please
or

Cantthinkofabloodyname · 25/12/2018 23:17

A Lego set that I have wanted for ages.

Please
or

PersonaNonGarter · 25/12/2018 23:21

I got some lovely PJs
A Toast apron
A super swank bottle opener
Some smelly candles
Food

Please
or

Inthetropics · 25/12/2018 23:26

I got this pretty and high quality pair of sandals and a perfume i'd asked.

Your fave presents?
Please
or

Dilligaf81 · 25/12/2018 23:41

My friend got me a set of coasters with Wham! Album covers on (I'm such a Whamette), a mum bracelet charm that 3 of my kids bought off their own backs and a perfume from other dc. Hubby got me a photo book which was very thoughtful and a lovely suprise. A lovely Xmas so far.

Please
or

NellieBee · 25/12/2018 23:58

My fave pressie was some gorgeous reusable straws. I've been wanting some for a while!

Please
or

Dowser · 26/12/2018 00:34

A Vera Bradley bag that I really wanted
Some REN Rose Otto toiletries that smell just delicious
That was pretty much all I got but I’m happy with that

Please
or

RaininSummer · 26/12/2018 00:47

Some very thoughtful gifts: framed David Bowie stamps, pendant with birthstones for me and my two daughters and engraved gin and tonic glass were the highlights.

Please
or

PomBearWithoutHerOFRS · 26/12/2018 02:54

At the risk of sounding soppy, I had all five of my children, and my DiL in the same room, for the first time in over three years!

Please
or

rededucator · 26/12/2018 03:28

My other Half bought me nothing but point out that during the year I'll buy something and he'll transfer me the money. This does lead to hundreds of pounds. Am I the silly to be upset not to have anything to open Christmas Day?

Please
or

desperatehousewife21 · 26/12/2018 07:13

An adult colouring book and a big pack of sharpies from DH- the colouring book is in the style of sugar skulls (the day of the dead) I love it!!

Also gorgeous slipper boots from Superdry from MIL.

We also got from MIL/FIL a framed hand drawn/ cartoon portrait of DH, me, DS, DD and our 2 guinea pigs! It’s so sweet and it says our names under each person I love it!

Please
or

Capybaras · 26/12/2018 07:22

My DH had an old antique which was my grandmas repaired for me. I cried. Was so so sweet and thoughtful

Please
or

stephanielittl7 · 26/12/2018 07:27

I got a lovely dressing gown from Ds and a beautiful cross stitch of a house from my best friend who had made it herself. That really made me emotional for the thought and work that had gone into it. But the best present i got this morning cos Ds has been poorly over Christmas and he seems to be feeling better today yaay (and its his birthday today)

Please
or

SixButterflies · 26/12/2018 07:28

A Neom 3 wick candle. Gorgeous.

Please
or

Juanbablo · 26/12/2018 07:56

I was very lucky, I had a very nice watch from dh, a pandora charm from the DC's, another from the in laws, a book, some candles and a scarf. All really nice gifts.

Please
or

FrangipaniBlue · 26/12/2018 07:56

A ring made from DH wedding band that he never wears and set with emeralds and diamonds Grin

and several bottles of my favourite gin, in each of the flavours they make Smile

Please
or

KittyClaus · 26/12/2018 08:01

DH bought me the softest geeky workout hoodie. It’s a subtle nod to a relatively obscure comic book character I love and if you recognise her it’s incredibly cool, but if not it’s just a flattering, feminine hoodie. It cost way more than I’d ever have considered spending on something to wear to sweat in but every time I see it folded up in the corner of our bedroom it makes me grin. Silly I know.

We all got loads of other lovely bits and everyone is happy but that hoodie just rocks my socks.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.