Talk

Advanced search

The GRA and Women's Rights; suggestions on how to respond.

(8 Posts)
leyat Tue 06-Feb-18 14:27:14

Hi, this is my first Mumsnet thread (yey!), I'm not 100% sure it's okay to do this so if not please let me know (!); basically I have written up a blog post to try to help people respond to the current consultation in Scotland on the GRA, and also to help people throughout the UK make the feminist case and outline the kinds of things we can fight for if self ID is to go through, as it looks to be in Scotland.

It is far too long to post here in full, so I wanted to post the link, and this is what I wasn't sure about, so again please just let me know if this isn't okay.

I hope this is helpful!

leyaterra.wordpress.com/2018/02/06/gender-the-gra-and-womens-rights/

BetsyM00 Tue 06-Feb-18 23:50:39

It is helpful, thank you. Superb!

There is a longer running thread on the go at the moment about the consultation so I've posted a link to this post (and direct to your blog post) on that thread:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3149634-Please-do-Scottish-self-id-consultation-even-if-not-Scottish

This board is a bit busy with raging women peak transing and ranting, so I think this has fallen down the page a bit.

Bump.

BlindYeo Wed 07-Feb-18 00:05:20

I thought this was amazing. Much work obviously went into it. Thank you for posting.

UpstartCrow Wed 07-Feb-18 00:08:52

The government should not work with any LGBT/Trans organisation that deems *exclusive same sex attraction as inherently objectionable.*

Yes! Fantastic blog, thanks for sharing.

leyat Wed 07-Feb-18 00:33:23

Thanks for the lovely comments, and for the link to the other thread and for posting there :D Really hope it's be helpful, none of this is at all straightforward....

Alwaysinmyheart Wed 07-Feb-18 00:47:21

Thanks for such a well argued post and for sharing it with us here! star

thebewilderness Wed 07-Feb-18 02:40:09

They are twisting themselves into pretzels trying to support the first big lie. That people can change sex. We cannot metamorphosis nor transmogrify, nor can we transubstantiate, into the other sex.
Can you mandate belief?
Can you codify into law the idea that some people can mind over matter themselves out of material reality and into the opposite sex and must be treated accordingly?
It is like transubstantiation. A belief that no one actually believes.
Will you allow people to drug and mutilate children based on this belief that no one believes?

MountainsofMars Wed 07-Feb-18 12:30:27

Bump. Thanks for posting.

As a result of what happened to me, my workplace is going to do some policy docs on 'transinclusivity.' I think they may ask my opinion, and some of the info here will be invaluable.

As was the support here when I was looking at a formal investigation for re/tweeting gender-critical opinions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now