Talk

Advanced search

Saxenda?

(12 Posts)
sadiesnakes Sun 22-Apr-18 02:33:11

Has anyone tried or even heard of this? The reviews look good on Drugs.com, seems very expensive, but also seems to work for most. Need to loose about 4 stone, but currently waiting out my post partum 6 weeks and trying to put a plan in place. Only thing making me pause is the cost and also some of the reported side effects.

UAEMum Sun 22-Apr-18 02:48:34

I took saxenda last year and lost 22kg in about 4 months. It was brilliant for me and not too expensive as it was covered on our insurance. (I live overseas). Sadly the insurance dont cover it anymore. 1 year ago i had lost 22kg, now i have gained about 8 back. Totally my fault through shit eating. Im thinking to go back on it.
I had almost no side effects and it just stopped me feeling hungry so much. My problem is that i can eat without being hungry so I had to make the effort to listen to my body and stop when i was full. Please message me if you like.

Livinglifepeachy Sun 22-Apr-18 03:58:06

The cons outweigh the pro's haven't tried it myself but that was the reason I didn't take it. Its hormone based and I don't want it to mess up my hormones anymore than how effed up they currently are. Best way would be through diet and exercise.

Hope this helps

Viktorella Thu 26-Apr-18 22:22:18

I have been wondering the same thing. I contacted the company to ask if they sold it in smaller amounts so I could check for adverse reactions before committing to such an expense but apparently that is the manufacturer pack size so can’t break it up

Lou222 Sun 29-Apr-18 22:13:04

I’ve lost two stone in about 3 months. It does have a few side effects but it definitely works.

Viktorella Mon 30-Apr-18 08:18:03

Lou222
What side effects did you have? It’s hard to tell from the patient info how likely they are and how bad it would be

UAEMum Tue 01-May-18 04:14:05

I had very mild nausea every time i upped the dose but nothing to write home about.

Lou222 Tue 01-May-18 19:19:35

Hi
I had headache, insomnia, fatigue but all reasonably mild. I think the fatigue was the worst and if I had a physical job or worked long hours I may have struggled.

Lou222 Tue 01-May-18 19:20:28

Oh and same as UAEmum mild nausea but manageable

Viktorella Tue 01-May-18 20:10:30

Thanks. Good to know. I think I could deal with that.

TooOldToSpringBack85 Fri 01-Jun-18 14:06:20

Hi all, hoping this thread isn’t lost!

I started Saxenda after getting a prescription and buying online from The Online Clinic. Since April 18th I’ve had 2x5 pens & currently about to finish my last pen.

I took anti sickness tablets & indigestion tablets about 30 mins before each jab in the beginning for first 6 weeks or so... after that no side effects.

On my first prescription i lost 6lb in 6 weeks and currently coming to end of second prescription where I’m on the full dose of 3mg each day and only lost another 5lb.

I’m also doing Exante (VCLD) which is 3 shakes a day total 600 calories.

@UAEmum I’m just wondering what I’m doing wrong? Would really appreciate any advice?

FYI I’m 32 5ft2” and started at 11st 6lb

Now I’m 10at 9lb and been stuck here for 2 weeks... happy with no gain at least.

The only thing I’m not doing is exercise... did you exercise/ what & how often?

Thanks all xxx

TooOldToSpringBack85 Mon 04-Jun-18 08:24:36

Hoping somebody sees my last post? Thanks xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: