Talk

Advanced search

Saxenda?

(10 Posts)
sadiesnakes Sun 22-Apr-18 02:33:11

Has anyone tried or even heard of this? The reviews look good on Drugs.com, seems very expensive, but also seems to work for most. Need to loose about 4 stone, but currently waiting out my post partum 6 weeks and trying to put a plan in place. Only thing making me pause is the cost and also some of the reported side effects.

UAEMum Sun 22-Apr-18 02:48:34

I took saxenda last year and lost 22kg in about 4 months. It was brilliant for me and not too expensive as it was covered on our insurance. (I live overseas). Sadly the insurance dont cover it anymore. 1 year ago i had lost 22kg, now i have gained about 8 back. Totally my fault through shit eating. Im thinking to go back on it.
I had almost no side effects and it just stopped me feeling hungry so much. My problem is that i can eat without being hungry so I had to make the effort to listen to my body and stop when i was full. Please message me if you like.

Livinglifepeachy Sun 22-Apr-18 03:58:06

The cons outweigh the pro's haven't tried it myself but that was the reason I didn't take it. Its hormone based and I don't want it to mess up my hormones anymore than how effed up they currently are. Best way would be through diet and exercise.

Hope this helps

Viktorella Thu 26-Apr-18 22:22:18

I have been wondering the same thing. I contacted the company to ask if they sold it in smaller amounts so I could check for adverse reactions before committing to such an expense but apparently that is the manufacturer pack size so can’t break it up

Lou222 Sun 29-Apr-18 22:13:04

I’ve lost two stone in about 3 months. It does have a few side effects but it definitely works.

Viktorella Mon 30-Apr-18 08:18:03

Lou222
What side effects did you have? It’s hard to tell from the patient info how likely they are and how bad it would be

UAEMum Tue 01-May-18 04:14:05

I had very mild nausea every time i upped the dose but nothing to write home about.

Lou222 Tue 01-May-18 19:19:35

Hi
I had headache, insomnia, fatigue but all reasonably mild. I think the fatigue was the worst and if I had a physical job or worked long hours I may have struggled.

Lou222 Tue 01-May-18 19:20:28

Oh and same as UAEmum mild nausea but manageable

Viktorella Tue 01-May-18 20:10:30

Thanks. Good to know. I think I could deal with that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: