Talk

Advanced search

Poor Pussy is really poorly

(35 Posts)
katymac Wed 19-Apr-17 22:09:28

He is at the vets

He threw up 3/4 times on Sunday, was then a bit constipated (which I helped out) & was then fine

Then he was sick outside today (he is only ever sick inside on the carpet hmm ) so I knew something was wrong

The vet says he is really poorly & I am so received it was his booster jab today as I honestly didn't notice anything other than a bit of sick

I feel such a bad owner sad

jaspercat2002 Wed 19-Apr-17 22:25:19

Don't feel guilty - cats are really good at hiding when they are in pain or feeling poorly.

He's in the best place now - really hope he is feeling much better soon.

Lilybensmum1 Wed 19-Apr-17 22:33:32

This was my cat a couple of weeks ago, vomiting almost daily always inside and off her food, she lost weight and slept constantly, it seemed she may well have eaten something that didn't agree with her as she is back to normal now. I kept thinking we would lose her and checking she was still breathing.

I hope it's a good outcome for your dcat, fingers crossed let us know.

katymac Wed 19-Apr-17 22:59:12

He's lost 20% of his body weight & he wasn't fat at all

So worried

thecatneuterer Thu 20-Apr-17 00:17:47

Oh no. At least he's in the right place. Does the vet have any idea what the problem could be?

katymac Thu 20-Apr-17 08:50:01

They mentioned diverticula, pancreatitis, diabetes

So scared

PinkSparklyPussyCat Thu 20-Apr-17 08:54:19

I'm sorry he's so poorly, it's such a worry. As TCN says he's in the best place and hopefully you'll get some positive news soon.

flowers to you and him

Vinorosso74 Thu 20-Apr-17 09:02:56

Oh your poor boy. I hope he's on the mend soon.
Our cat was very ill a couple of years back, she had pancreatitis along with other things (she has quite a medical history now) but she recovered and is now 14. She is diabetic but that can be managed quite easily.
Get well soon puss.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 20-Apr-17 10:04:13

My girl had pancreatitis. Caused by an inflamed lymph gland in her neck. She was touch and go for a week but made a full recovery. Hand hold and cakeflowers

katymac Thu 20-Apr-17 10:37:05

He has had a good night & he is back on the drip

I know he is in the right place but I still feel guilty

Toddlerteaplease Thu 20-Apr-17 10:54:41

Is he on pain killers? mine had morphine and ketamine. Which was very surreal as that's what we use for children at work who've had major surgery.

katymac Thu 20-Apr-17 11:00:57

They haven't said so - they don't think he is in much pain now they have dealt with the constipation, they say he is now lively, noisy, nosey and a bit dehydrated

Toddlerteaplease Thu 20-Apr-17 11:58:59

That sounds encouraging.

katymac Thu 20-Apr-17 15:19:45

He has poo'd & poo'd & poo'd

Poor pussy - his Potassium is low but no results yet

Tigerblue Thu 20-Apr-17 15:59:41

Fingers crossed, he will pick up soon - keep us posted. Hopefully it's something simple like being down to the constipation, and having a build up inside and that making him sick, and following on from sickness he's dehydrated and his potassium is low.

Don't feel guilty, it's so hard to judge with cats.

HemanOrSheRa Thu 20-Apr-17 16:04:44

Oh my goodness katy. I am so sorry he is poorly. Is he a Siamese? Have I got that right? He is in the best place. Do NOT feel guilty. Animals are very good at hiding illness and pain. It's good that he is lively! I hope you get some further news very soon flowers.

katymac Thu 20-Apr-17 16:17:22

He is Siamese yes - the vet says the way he has 'bounced' after pooping & got better explains why I wasn't worried- he looks so well & has put on 200g in 10 hours!

So I couldn't have 'known' he was so ill because straight after he poo'd on Sunday he was 'well' again!

There was a vegetation mass in the poop, so his grass eating has obviously done him no good!

The nurses apparently love having him as he comments on everything they say & do!

& the guy that took the photos of the house (for sale) said he looked great on Tuesday am when he followed the man round the house commenting on each photo he took!

Toddlerteaplease Fri 21-Apr-17 00:35:43

When my girl was poorly she showed minimal symptoms. I couldn't believe that she got so poorly so quickly.

katymac Fri 21-Apr-17 22:43:58

Today his electrolytes are ok (potassium a bit low & sodium a bit high) but all bloods were all fine

The vet is perplexed

Toddlerteaplease Sat 22-Apr-17 15:39:24

How's he doing?

katymac Sat 22-Apr-17 19:48:04

He came home yesterday - appt on Monday afternoon - loads of meds

His fur is all ruffled & he is sleeping a lot - he's not very happy really

Wolfiefan Sat 22-Apr-17 19:50:37

I am so sorry. Cats really are expert at hiding when they are feeling unwell.
Hoping you have answers soon.

katymac Sat 22-Apr-17 19:58:07

He is shaking a bit too - that isn't good is it?

kingjoffreyworksintescos Sat 22-Apr-17 20:16:30

Could he be cold if he's feeling unwell and has lost a load of weight ?

kingjoffreyworksintescos Sat 22-Apr-17 20:16:53

Hope he feels better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now