Talk

Advanced search

Falcon and The Winter Soldier

(109 Posts)
MyFloorIsLava Tue 23-Feb-21 12:42:33

Spoiler-free thread to discuss the upcoming Marvel series on Disney+.

I wasn't excited about this but the trailer has made me excited. Unlike WandaVision, the trailer and promo art make it fairly obvious (I think) who one of the Big Bads will be. Also looks like it will be quite funny, carrying on the energy that Sam and Bucky had in Captain America Civil War.

OP’s posts: |
LetsGoFlyAKiteee Sat 10-Apr-21 11:14:15

I like that the characters aren't perfect but see themselves doing right the thing. The original avengers all had flaws..and know new Cap was always going to head down this route just because..he isn't Captain America and something about the comics..but be intresting to see what happens now. What he did was out of anger and whatever else..

Sharon..is gana be something lol. Shame there's only 2 episodes left. I want a Zemo spin off lol. I like him! And his dance last episode..sold it

NurseButtercup Sat 10-Apr-21 09:41:40

Anyone else want a Dora Milaje series now? Totally kickass.

Yes to this!

Worldgonecrazy Sat 10-Apr-21 08:48:32

I’m in love with Bucky and Zeno. I love how his character has developed.

Had a family argument because DD keeps saying John Walker is evil. I think the beauty of the writing is that everyone thinks they are doing the right thing, Zemo, Flagsmashers, Bucky, Sam, and Walker. All the characters motivations come from a good place. But the flaws in their characters make the actuation of their belief good or bad. It’s quite brilliant writing.

Also think Sharon is pier broker but that might be too obvious?

girlofnow Sat 10-Apr-21 00:16:02

Ooh Turkish delight was the white witch's temptation of choice. I'm loving it but have no idea who to root for. Apart from Bucky. Never had one haircut changed a man so much 😬

iklboo Fri 09-Apr-21 23:36:31

Yes! The Dora Milaje were amazing. Just came in and kicked the shit out of everyone. Like they all deserved actually.

'They weren't even Supersoldiers'

Hells, yeah Poundshop Cap!

MyFloorIsLava Fri 09-Apr-21 23:34:58

A very good argument well made.

Oh Steve ♥️

APurpleSquirrel Fri 09-Apr-21 23:25:02

I don't think it ruins EndGame but I do think it makes you think about the consequences of such grand actions.
I'd say it's unfair to expect people to have accepted & moved on after the Blip - most would likely have wanted it reversed (Hawkeye for example) but as is usual the ramifications of returning billions of both people & animals (cos the Blip wiped out half of all living things - does that include plants??) in the same place/situation in which they Blipped at the same time would have been utter chaos! People who blipped in planes would have fallen from the sky etc.
So to me it's great that they're exploring this friction between those who did & didn't blip - none is right or wrong, but they all are the victims of circumstance. & clearly this hasn't been handled well by the authorities hence the Flag Smashers.

MyFloorIsLava Fri 09-Apr-21 22:59:38

That was a million times better than all the previous episodes! For the first time, when the credits rolled, I had a "shit hang on i was watching that!" moment grin

Side note - DH and I got together on a group holiday to Riga, which is a beautiful city, so I'm enjoying the Riga scenes a lot.

The Dora Milaje were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. The intro scene with Ayo and Bucky was beautiful. The Dora dominate every scene they're in and yes @exLtEveDallas I would definitely watch a Dora Milaje series.

Sharon was annoying last week and continues to be this week. Boohoo you did a crime and didn't get pardoned while you were on the run. I also think she's the Power Broker - or maybe we're supposed to be that? But SuperSoldierSerumScientist (SSSS. Forgot his name.) said he worked for Hydra then got picked up by the CIA, and where was Sharon working after SHIELD fell?!

Zemo is awesome. So charismatic. Daniel Bruhl is doing a brilliant job of portraying a charming intelligent sociopath. I liked that he smashed the serum. Very in keeping with his character's core values.

Obviously Sam never would have taken the serum. He wouldn't even keep the shield.

Anyone thinking that this ruins Avengers Endgame a little? They were so focused on undoing their failure that they just didn't think about the consequences. Maybe 5 years down the line, they should have just let it be?

Poundland Cap has gone waaaaaay off the reservation hasn't he. I felt bad for Battlestar. He didn't deserve to be written out so fast.

APurpleSquirrel Fri 09-Apr-21 22:33:48

Great & shocking episode! The ending & parallels with Civil War Steve/Tony fight were very clear. Steve rarely killed anyone, usually trying to incapacitate instead, even after losing Bucky - whereas Poundland Cap is obviously unhinged & unworthy.
Zemo is fabulous! Have watched the Dancing with Zemo short Disney out out 🕺🏼
Ayo & the Dora Milaje were kickass - hope to see more of them.

exLtEveDallas Fri 09-Apr-21 22:27:48

Someone is going to die next week. There’s only 2 episodes left so they need to go out on a bang. I think Sharon maybe? (I also think she could be the Powerbroker). I think Karli will have to die too, she can’t live after that.

ScarfaceCwaw Fri 09-Apr-21 22:08:22

And I have to say that Wyatt Russell is doing sterling work as Cap, although I feel like they went in a bit too fast and hard with pushing him over the edge. I don't feel like we really saw the "good" guy, the hugely accomplished soldier who did have many positive qualities. Props to costuming though, he just looked smug and weak-chinned in the Cap helmet from the beginning.

ScarfaceCwaw Fri 09-Apr-21 22:06:33

The Dora Milaje are everything. Daniel Bruhl is also absolutely killing it and has weirdly morphed into the dark-humour version of the Pied Piper.

I'm not sure where I am on the show in general though. I enjoyed Badass Sharon, I'm there for Bucky, but I don't feel like his relationship with Sam has actually developed at all, and I don't really care much about the Flag-Smashers. With two episodes to go, it's going to take some big punches to pull this off.

Also, poor Battlestar deserved better than a Black Best Friend My Motivation For Revenge fridging.

Balaur Fri 09-Apr-21 22:01:38

Actually Bucky has made some questionable choices. He really betrayed Wakanda by getting Zemo out of prison.

Balaur Fri 09-Apr-21 21:59:57

Yes! The Dora Milaje were amazing. Just came in and kicked the shit out of everyone. Like they all deserved actually.

exLtEveDallas Fri 09-Apr-21 21:51:37

Anyone else want a Dora Milaje series now? Totally kickass.

exLtEveDallas Fri 09-Apr-21 21:50:40

Bloody hell. That was an episode and a half.

Loving Bucky still. Actually liking Sam now. Still sympathising with Kali - but obvs she is going to have to die now - that killing has sealed her fate.

That ending. Damn.

Balaur Fri 09-Apr-21 21:41:08

Zemo was like the Childcatcher with those sweets! He is actually the comic relief in this show, which is getting increasingly darker and bleaker.

They are really destroying the whole image of Captain America and the shield which actually doesn't really have a place in the modern world any more.

Sokovianfortuneteller Fri 09-Apr-21 21:28:09

The end of the episode had me like this shockshockshock!
That final shot was quite shocking and not something that we’ve really seen in the MCU. I like that they are able to be a bit darker and riskier in the tv shows.
Poundland Cap continued to be awful even before the events of the last 5 mins. I loved the hmm look Ayo gave him. She has no time for his shit!
I love Zemo (and his dancing!) He is rocking his fur collar villain coat and he even offers villainous sweet treats- Turkish delight 🤢. And the way he sneaked off during the fight 😂

Shelleyjelly80 Fri 09-Apr-21 21:27:23

I really enjoyed that episode, starting to get a bit of a thing for Zemo 😳think it's the leather coat😆

TheDrsDocMartens Fri 09-Apr-21 20:51:36

Ayo was excellent!

Anyone watched the Zemo special yet? Apparently an hour of him dancing 😂

Balaur Fri 09-Apr-21 20:43:39

It was an excellent episode. Last week's was weak in comparison. I absolutely loved the scene of Bucky being "cured" in Wakanda. Also Sam being so skillful and subtle talking to Karli.

I also laughed at Ayo flicking off Bucky's arm like a fleck of dust during that fight scene. Just excellent.

iklboo Fri 09-Apr-21 19:10:55

@LemonViolet @exLtEveDallas - Poundland Cap is being written pretty much as he is in the comics, so they're doing a really good job of his character. New Cap is not the nice guy Steve was and thinks an awful lot of himself. Played by Kurt Russell's son, by the way.

RightOnTheEdge Fri 09-Apr-21 19:04:21

I've just watched it! It was a great episode!
Yeah though! Total Jerk!

ILoveYou3000 Fri 09-Apr-21 17:42:17

Anyone watched today's?

I've never hated a Marvel character as much as I do a certain someone today!

ElGuardiandenoche Sat 03-Apr-21 20:58:27

Screen Crush has covered quite a few of the things we’ve been thinking about. As usual ignore the paid for ad 😒
youtu.be/WbtVmFQIMuQ

It’s good to see Sharon again and the ‘surprise’ guest.

Loving the moniker ‘Poundland Cap’😀

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in